ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

Hi,
some sort of weird question: I just started mapping and i face annoying FPS drops, which make the game literally not playable for me.

So the question is, what I could transit the build through?

Frostblade and molten strike comes to my mind, or maybe even lightning shot? Any suggestions to change my plans without a heavy afford in currency (first char in the league)?

"
hunTShoo wrote:
Hi,
some sort of weird question: I just started mapping and i face annoying FPS drops, which make the game literally not playable for me.

Frostblade and molten strike comes to my mind, or maybe even lightning shot? Any suggestions to change my plans without a heavy afford in currency (first char in the league)?

This is also what's stopping me from playing this build. I've searched up a lot of videos, and it looks like the skill causes heavy framerate loss.

However, i think Molten Strike may ALSO be quite framerate intensive. Which is a shame, because i love both skills.

Will be monitoring the replies to this, since it's also something i want to know.
Tried this build now with my ranger. wasted nearly 5 EX for it. Well.. i'm not excited. damage is okay. survibility is shit. nearly no leech (of course without VP) and the main defense with dodge / chance to evade is crap in my opinion. of course you can evade a lot of damage with that, but you will always get a hit -> rip.
there are a lot of bosses who are 24/7 jumping in your face. how to kill them? 1x lightning strike -> 1-2x whirling blades -> 1x lightning strike -> 1-2x whirling blades. 5 hours later... boss is finally dead. that is not funny.
and the most annoying: Lightning strike will be blocked from every shit on the way, even from a small starway...
my worst invested 5ex in 4 years PoE. i never tried a lightning strike build before and i absolutely wanted to try it. well, time to look for oher builds.
"
QuickSwipe wrote:
Tried this build now with my ranger. wasted nearly 5 EX for it. Well.. i'm not excited. damage is okay. survibility is shit. nearly no leech (of course without VP) and the main defense with dodge / chance to evade is crap in my opinion. of course you can evade a lot of damage with that, but you will always get a hit -> rip.
there are a lot of bosses who are 24/7 jumping in your face. how to kill them? 1x lightning strike -> 1-2x whirling blades -> 1x lightning strike -> 1-2x whirling blades. 5 hours later... boss is finally dead. that is not funny.
and the most annoying: Lightning strike will be blocked from every shit on the way, even from a small starway...
my worst invested 5ex in 4 years PoE. i never tried a lightning strike build before and i absolutely wanted to try it. well, time to look for oher builds.

I put your character in Path of Building adn I see you are at 45k dps on projectiles xD, something is wrong because I am at 800k or so vs. Shaper.

- You have no damage flask. Not even a Diamond. Why don't you at least use a Diamond or a Silver flask for Onslaught for bosses?
- Why are you using a SPELL VoV? We are not a spell build bro, and the extra leech does not really help. Please read what I posted about Vaal Pact on the front page
- On top of that you are getting SHOCKED when you use VoV and you have no shock immunity. That means you are receiving 50% more damage every time you used VoV. Ofc your survivability will not be good in that case. If you want to use VoV you need to be Path of phasing in Raider for ele immunity or put some groundign mods on your other flasks
- Stibnite is nice for blind but we do not stay in melee range so doesn't really help
- Jewels need crit multiplier or % ele damage or lightning damage. You only have 1 jewel - and you put fire damage on it? You are spending poitns to get 2 other jewel sockets and you don't put any jewels in them either - ?? I'm really not quite sure what you are trying to do here bud.

Sorry you didn't like the build, I hope you would have been more patient and at least asked before quitting because you've been doing quite a few things wrong it seems. Anyway if I had more time I would go through your build and try and find why else you are so off in DPS.

Last edited by Ceryneian on Dec 13, 2017, 3:22:35 PM
"
Raikke wrote:
"
hunTShoo wrote:
Hi,

This is also what's stopping me from playing this build. I've searched up a lot of videos, and it looks like the skill causes heavy framerate loss.

However, i think Molten Strike may ALSO be quite framerate intensive. Which is a shame, because i love both skills.

Will be monitoring the replies to this, since it's also something i want to know.

Sadly not much I can do if you are getting low frames for LS guys. If you want to change skills you can just swap to Frostblades or Molten Strike as you say, there really is nothing stopping you - like I said you are just scaling lightning damage and using a certain skill to deliver the damage. Now of course there will be some discrepancies based on % base damage of the skill etc but if I swap my LS gem for Frost Blades gem and use the same enchant of 40% Frost Blade damage I can get 770k frost blade DPS.

Last edited by Ceryneian on Dec 13, 2017, 3:08:51 PM
"
Ceryneian wrote:
"
QuickSwipe wrote:

I put your character in Path of Building adn I see you are at 45k dps on projectiles xD, something is wrong because I am at 800k or so vs. Shaper.

- You have no damage flask. Not even a Diamond. Why don't you at least use a Diamond or a Silver flask for Onslaught for bosses?
- Why are you using a SPELL VoV? We are not a spell build bro, and the extra leech does not really help. Please read what I posted about Vaal Pact on the front page
- On top of that you are getting SHOCKED when you use VoV and you have no shock immunity. That means you are receiving 50% more damage every time you used VoV. Ofc your survivability will not be good in that case. If you want to use VoV you need to be Path of phasing in Raider for ele immunity or put some groundign mods on your other flasks
- Stibnite is nice for blind but we do not stay in melee range so doesn't really help
- Jewels need crit multiplier or % ele damage or lightning damage. You only have 1 jewel - and you put fire damage on it? You are spending poitns to get 2 other jewel sockets and you don't put any jewels in them either - ??

Sorry you didn't like the build bro, I hope you would have been more patient and at least asked before quitting because you've been doing quite a few things wrong it seems. Anyway if I had more time I would go through your build and try and find why else you are so off in DPS.

First of all thanks for the answer.
Of course my damage is not high enough for high tier maps. look at my gems, that's a big reason why. i wanted to test the build so before spending 1-2 more ex for jewels and gems. that's why there is a jewel with fire damage. i have just done tier 5 maps and i was lagging on survibility, not damage. i know that i can get a lot more damage.
VoV is from be old build (ST HoWA). i didnt use it so far. i didnt fixed my flask so far, i only look fast for something that removes bleeding and freeze.
full buffed i got ~80k dps (without VoV). the problem is i have only ~3,3k life. if i got hit by 1-2 projectiles (and that's unavoidable) i'm dead.
other example is the boss i had to do in a tier 5 map (cant remember the of that) the boss always jumped with leap slam in my face. so there are to ways: the safe which i already described in my first post: 1x lingning strike -> 1-2x whirling blades -> repeat. probably i would need hours for that. so i had to take the risk and facetank. of course i died 4 times.

i though this build would be a bit like my old ST HoWA build. but the big difference is there is just no noticeable leach. if something hits me i have to pray, escape and spam life flasks.
i dont know how to be "safe" with this build.

edit: after some more runs it feels a bit better now. but i need ~1-2k more life. i dont know where to got it.
without VP the defence feels pretty weak. i dont like spamming life flasks. skilling VP isnt really a solution because i would lose to much dps. and yeah, the last point what i'm missing (for bossights) is dps. but this problem is the easiest one to fix.

and sorry for my bad english. i hope it's not too bad.
Last edited by QuickSwipe on Dec 13, 2017, 6:12:45 PM
Lycosidae shield seems to be quite expensive this league, what I can replace it with? And what other adjustments I should make without it? Getting +accuracy on some items?
"
QuickSwipe wrote:
"
Ceryneian wrote:
"
QuickSwipe wrote:

- Jewels need crit multiplier or % ele damage or lightning damage. You only have 1 jewel - and you put fire damage on it? You are spending poitns to get 2 other jewel sockets and you don't put any jewels in them either - ??

Sorry you didn't like the build bro, I hope you would have been more patient and at least asked before quitting because you've been doing quite a few things wrong it seems. Anyway if I had more time I would go through your build and try and find why else you are so off in DPS.

First of all thanks for the answer.
Of course my damage is not high enough for high tier maps. look at my gems, that's a big reason why. i wanted to test the build so before spending 1-2 more ex for jewels and gems. that's why there is a jewel with fire damage. i have just done tier 5 maps and i was lagging on survibility, not damage. i know that i can get a lot more damage.
VoV is from be old build (ST HoWA). i didnt use it so far. i didnt fixed my flask so far, i only look fast for something that removes bleeding and freeze.
full buffed i got ~140-150k dps (without VoV). the problem is i have only ~3,7k life. if i got hit by 1-2 projectiles (and that's unavoidable) i'm dead.
other example is the boss i had to do in a tier 5 map (cant remember the of that. the boss always jumped with leap slam in my face. so there are to ways: the safe which i already described in my first post: 1x lingning strike -> 1-2x whirling blades -> repeat. probably i would need hours for that. so i had to take the risk and facetank. of course i died 4 times.

i though this build would be a bit like my old ST HoWA build. but the big difference is there is just no noticeable leach. if something hits me i have to pray, escape and spam life flasks.
i dont know how to be "safe" with this build.

Yeah bud, but that's not really a fair way to test the build. You can't just throw some gear on and do a half-ways done tree with several things incomplete/incorrect and expect the build to be running well.

Yes I know there are OP builds that can work by doing what you are doing, but this is not an OP build.

You want to test drive a BMW, but you are coming from a lambo. On top of that you put in the wrong engine and you didn't even put in the seats, yet alone a seat belt - of course you not going to have a good time, and ofc you going to get frustrated. Then what am I supposed to do?

Your survivability feels low because your damage is too low and I think you were used to relying on Vaal Pact too much so the new leech and VP in 3.1 now feels "useless". Which probably makes the whole thing feel unsafe to you.

That's how it is going to feel in 3.1 for anyone who relied on the old VP too much. If you want better leech you need to build as Slayer or Ascendant Slayer like I suggested in the Vaal Pact section - but even then I still think you will be disappointed with the new leech. Now I have never played a HoWa build but I would suggest you try your old HoWa build in this new 3.1 and see how it works, maybe even swap ST for LS, you may enjoy that version better than this one.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Dec 13, 2017, 6:46:16 PM
"
emaster wrote:
Lycosidae shield seems to be quite expensive this league, what I can replace it with? And what other adjustments I should make without it? Getting +accuracy on some items?

Aye Lycosidae is just too good especially for a crit build - what I would suggest is swapping the damage slot with your helmet - i.e use a rare EV shield for the shield spot, and then instead of a rare helmet use a unique DPS helmet like Rat's Nest which seems to be much much cheaper.
Diggin this build so far but before I get too invested would you say this is something I can farm hotgm confidently or should I find a build more for that task specifically?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info