ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

"
foster21 wrote:
Diggin this build so far but before I get too invested would you say this is something I can farm hotgm confidently or should I find a build more for that task specifically?

That's a difficult question bro because 95% of the exiles are not a problem but there are a few exiles where a lot relies on how well you can position and react, and not all of these exiles spawn all the time.

- CWDT/aegis block guys - you can quickly kill yourself if you are not careful. Good thing is most have low/zero damage and so using scorching ray or another degen skill will easily kill them. The problem is recognizing very fast that you are hitting these guys and to immediately stop and switch to your degen skill. Zami, gubben brothers, etc.

- There is a poison girl using purple tentacle poison arrow - you need to get out of her degen pools very fast as not even my life flask made a dent vs. her degen

- Danziggg girl - LA archer. Not much you can do against her except kill her first

- Dyness - this is the guy with firestorm in my vid - very tanky and does a lot of damage, I believe he has insane regen as well so you would need to use Frost Bomb to help kill him faster

Danzigg and the poison girl are not a problem if you position well with LS to cover the whole wall before triggering the wall as they will die very fast.

Unfortunately I did not make this build for full PVP, you would probably need to customize a few things like adding a 6L scorching ray (I was using a 3L) and a frost bomb set up, to farm HOGM easier on this build. But if you want absolute 100% confidence to farm HOGM - there are probably better builds like EA.

Last edited by Ceryneian on Dec 14, 2017, 4:02:50 AM
"
Ceryneian wrote:
"
Raikke wrote:
"
hunTShoo wrote:
Hi,
some sort of weird question: I just started mapping and i face annoying FPS drops, which make the game literally not playable for me.

So the question is, what I could transit the build through?

Frostblade and molten strike comes to my mind, or maybe even lightning shot? Any suggestions to change my plans without a heavy afford in currency (first char in the league)?

This is also what's stopping me from playing this build. I've searched up a lot of videos, and it looks like the skill causes heavy framerate loss.

However, i think Molten Strike may ALSO be quite framerate intensive. Which is a shame, because i love both skills.

Will be monitoring the replies to this, since it's also something i want to know.

Sadly not much I can do if you are getting low frames for LS guys. If you want to change skills you can just swap to Frostblades or Molten Strike as you say, there really is nothing stopping you - like I said you are just scaling lightning damage and using a certain skill to deliver the damage. Now of course there will be some discrepancies based on % base damage of the skill etc but if I swap my LS gem for Frost Blades gem and use the same enchant of 40% Frost Blade damage I can get 770k frost blade DPS.

Yeah,
i noticed that this problem is quiet common on reddit as well. I really loved the build, LS melts throught the 10 acts and it looks amazing to spamm so much lightning. Anyway I don't have the machine power to continue.
Thank you for your recommendation. I ended up with the ele-specralthrow, which is a bit boring to play (who didn't abused HOWA in breach?) but a solid starter and as easy to gear up like with LS.

If i get a new machine i'll switch back to LS :D
Hey, perhaps you could take a look at my build as well and tell me where im going wrong, because im having really hard time with the bosses =/. Damage simply aint there.
What do you think of the new abyssal jewels? I found a few like the one in the following belt and they seem to provide a decent dps increase for a fairly low price.

PS: Love the build. Was a slow dps build but once you get up into maps and buying the uniques it really skyrockets. Always loved lightning strike but this is definitely one of the best, thanks.
Build's looking good. So far I'm just leveling as LA with it with Doomfletchers, which is plowing through the leveling content, so i've not had a chance to try it out with Lightning Strike as of yet. (Though i'm glad someone wrote up a LS guide, loved that ability but it has felt irrelevent for so long, especially HC.)

Life is a bit of a concern to me, but as you mentioned in the thread no doubt multiple times, i've tried switching things up a bit to see about getting that massive Life chunk around the Marauder/Scion area at the sacrifice of a bit of damage, think this would be viable?

As strong as jewel sockets are, I tend to avoid them for the most part seeing as the good ones you're looking for can often be expensive, especially early into the league. At the very least until I come across one or two myself, have the currency or just later on in the game, when I can start replacing life nodes with jewels that have life on them. Though that might be a different case with these new Abyss Jewels which, frankly feel insane if they roll right.
Last edited by Thejimmylad on Dec 14, 2017, 6:12:30 PM
"
SourThoughts wrote:
Hey, perhaps you could take a look at my build as well and tell me where im going wrong, because im having really hard time with the bosses =/. Damage simply aint there.

Hi bud, it is mostly because your accuracy is quite low which is a big damage loss for crit build and unfortunately Lycosidae is now quite rare. You can try and grab clusters like Acuity or Depth Perception to help your accuracy. You also need to add % increased ele damage to your gear either on rings or amulet or belt or helmet wtih enchant - ofc preferable to add it to all 4. This why I recommend opal rings, also grab the other frenzy charge if you can, your dagger needs much more crit chance, and you could be linking better gems on your LS right now that would give you more DPS. Try swapping your Inc. Crit Chance and/or Light Pen for Damage on Full Life and/or Slower Projectiles. Also why are you dual wielding bro? Do you really need a mana flask - you could add some more damage by getting more ele penetration can you get Wise Oak?

Avatar of Chase will also give you more DPS rather than Avatar of Veil and you do not really need status immunity from Veil particularly with Inpulsa - you are not affected by shock and freeze and ignite are not big deals.
"
Azukana wrote:
What do you think of the new abyssal jewels? I found a few like the one in the following belt and they seem to provide a decent dps increase for a fairly low price.

PS: Love the build. Was a slow dps build but once you get up into maps and buying the uniques it really skyrockets. Always loved lightning strike but this is definitely one of the best, thanks.

Yup, those jewels are very strong, and if you can get some with crit multiplier that would also be very good! They are nice to add to the belt too without having to spend points on tree and you are right if you can get some for cheap then doesn't hurt to complement if you need more damage/life/APS etc.

Thanks bud, glad you enjoying the build. Just to check are you using Lycosidae yet or no?
Last edited by Ceryneian on Dec 14, 2017, 7:02:01 PM
"
Thejimmylad wrote:
Build's looking good. So far I'm just leveling as LA with it with Doomfletchers, which is plowing through the leveling content, so i've not had a chance to try it out with Lightning Strike as of yet. (Though i'm glad someone wrote up a LS guide, loved that ability but it has felt irrelevent for so long, especially HC.)

Life is a bit of a concern to me, but as you mentioned in the thread no doubt multiple times, i've tried switching things up a bit to see about getting that massive Life chunk around the Marauder/Scion area at the sacrifice of a bit of damage, think this would be viable?

As strong as jewel sockets are, I tend to avoid them for the most part seeing as the good ones you're looking for can often be expensive, especially early into the league. At the very least until I come across one or two myself, have the currency or just later on in the game, when I can start replacing life nodes with jewels that have life on them. Though that might be a different case with these new Abyss Jewels which, frankly feel insane if they roll right.

Hi bud, I think ideally for HC you would want to go Scion Ascendant to get the Ranger start + Slayer leech benefit. But if you can't go Scion then how about this tree below which is almsot like yours but gets to about 195% life from tree and I made some points for jewels:

www.poeurl.com/bF9E

Will have lower DPS though ofc but that's the trade off we have to make to get more life on tree:

Last edited by Ceryneian on Dec 14, 2017, 7:20:25 PM
"
Ceryneian wrote:

Thanks bud, glad you enjoying the build. Just to check are you using Lycosidae yet or no?

Actually not at the moment. Only just started getting some decent chaos and that shield's price is insane. Currently using a white wind in my offhand for the slight added dps it would give over a shield.

Forgive me for my lack of knowledge of game mechanics, but is the hits can't be evaded mod on the shield a real big addition to the dps? It is so hard to tell in this game if your hits are being evaded and how often so I wouldn't want to drop 150c on something that I don't know its value.
"
Azukana wrote:
"
Ceryneian wrote:

Actually not at the moment. Only just started getting some decent chaos and that shield's price is insane. Currently using a white wind in my offhand for the slight added dps it would give over a shield.

Forgive me for my lack of knowledge of game mechanics, but is the hits can't be evaded mod on the shield a real big addition to the dps? It is so hard to tell in this game if your hits are being evaded and how often so I wouldn't want to drop 150c on something that I don't know its value.

Ah ok, no worries. Just seems a few people posting about lowish DPS I noticed did not have Lycosidae. But if you are getting great DPS without it then that's good to know.

That's also a cool set up though that you have with white wind!

Yes accuracy is extremely important for a crit build because your crits get a 2nd accuracy check, whereas a regular hit just takes one accuracy check. So if you have say 75% accuracy: if you roll a crit from your crit chance - then you have to go through 0.75 x 0.75 = 56% actual hit chance for the crit. So if you had Lycosidae with 100% accuracy, you can see the big difference in DPS it would make.

Lycosidae should really just be an end game shield, I don't know why they made it like that to be used in early levels. Level 11 is kinda a joke and to then make it so rare makes no sense - they should have just beefed up the stats a bit and raised the ilvl to like 60 or something because this is really for end-game.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Dec 15, 2017, 4:09:52 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info