ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

How is this build performing in the current patch?
As the leveling section mentions, i am suffering a bit around level 50. I need better resistences, but my damage output is quite low. Looking at ele daggers, not finding much available for improvement. Should i re-roll with phys? Use another skill to level?
"
agm_ultimatex wrote:
As the leveling section mentions, i am suffering a bit around level 50. I need better resistences, but my damage output is quite low. Looking at ele daggers, not finding much available for improvement. Should i re-roll with phys? Use another skill to level?

Hi bud, I took a look at your setup, upgrading your gear will help a lot for both your DPS and survivabilty
- best way to increaes your DPS would be to add more links to your LS - you should upgrade from 3l to 5l - look for a 5l chest maybe that's corrupted (should be relatively cheap) with the right colors, and then ii) find a cheap dagger with lightning and some attack speed and crit, since you'll be starting to spec the dagger nodes
- Take a mana leech node so you can sustain mana and try to add Wrath to your setup
- you can also try to dual wield daggers which will give more DPS until you get Lycosidae
- for survivabilty: please try and get your resistances as high as possible - upgrade your rings and gloves
- take Phase Acro it's just 1 point left to get it
- upgrading gear can be a pain so you might have to farm safe areas for currency until you have enough to buy/craft better gear
Last edited by Ceryneian on Sep 23, 2018, 3:00:25 PM
"
Ceryneian wrote:
"
agm_ultimatex wrote:

Hi bud, I took a look at your setup, upgrading your gear will help a lot for both your DPS and survivabilty
- best way to increaes your DPS would be to add more links to your LS - you should upgrade from 3l to 5l - look for a 5l chest maybe that's corrupted (should be relatively cheap) with the right colors, and then ii) find a cheap dagger with lightning and some attack speed and crit, since you'll be starting to spec the dagger nodes
- Take a mana leech node so you can sustain mana and try to add Wrath to your setup
- you can also try to dual wield daggers which will give more DPS until you get Lycosidae
- for survivabilty: please try and get your resistances as high as possible - upgrade your rings and gloves
- take Phase Acro it's just 1 point left to get it
- upgrading gear can be a pain so you might have to farm safe areas for currency until you have enough to buy/craft better gear

Ah cheers. Yeah I tried to roll some mods on a 4L piece i found, but im super low on alt orbs even. I started a witch, and am doing much better. So i might use that to farm a bit of chaos, and return to this char after :)
hey cery. im reading through this guide again because i wanted a lot more info about lightning strike. why do i want more info on lightning strike?

well i recently made a build on my typical molten strike build, which i've been hiding for a few leagues now, and i just realize how well the weapons, Beltimber Blades, may work with lightning strike (any projectile attack really, too bad spectral throw is garbage now-a-days).

especially in delve where clear speed matters most, i think this is going to be insane.
my idea is to dual wield beltimber blades as raider (chase and veil, screw slaughter). probably get a 6L inpulsa's, but loreweave would work just as well if not better. pretty sure inpulsa's would be mostly unnecessary.

this is a modified version of the tree im using, spec'd out of molten strike specifics and into things that would more benefit lightning strike

P.Tree

have you ever looked at these swords or considered them in any way? im not exactly sure how important added projectiles are to lightning strike, but i imagine the clear speed they would add would be pretty sweet. having far shot on them is a huge bonus
Last edited by xMustard on Oct 9, 2018, 7:36:56 PM
Hi bro! Long time man! Thanks for the post - Belttimber is interesting and is great for Molten Strike with the extra projectiles but for Lightning Strike it won't help our single target as LS projectiles can't shotgun. Yes the extra projectiles will help for our AOE but the AOE is already pretty good on this build with the damage adn pierce. Far Shot is great too but I wouldn't take the swords just for Far Shot instead of speccing Deadeye, if the swords had ele damage/higher crit then would be more enticing for this build.

That's the downside to LS - can't access some big damage modifiers like other skills: i.e. can't shotgun projectiles so adding extra projectiles doesn't really help, and can't use stat sticks.

BTW - great build man! Glad you made a guide. Unfortunately I'm no longer playing PoE days, so hardly ever on forums, might be back later this year / next year. Keep crushing it
ya for whatever reason i was under the impression that LS somewhat worked like LA where it would spark other nearby enemies, so i was thinking the extra projectiles would be crazy for clear.

upon realizing it doesn't, ya it really doesn't work out well. it really REALLY sucks that LS can only hit 1 projectile on a target. that makes it basically useless for single target compared to...oh everything else?

it was funny though, just to test things out i slapped a few pieces of gear together and was shooting out 19 projectiles at once. that is funny to look at
Hi thank you for the build. I have a few questions. Sorry if the answers to these questions are obvious I am still a noob.

Since we have wrath+HoT already we only use the vaal grace/haste version only. is that correct ?

Any reason we don't use flame dash instead of whirling blade?

And could you take a look at my profile and share some advice on what to improve next since my budget is very limited.

Thank you so much !!!

3.7 Update (my version)

Equip :

Flasks:

Skill Tree and Jewels :

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIBAABeBbUHHgguDPIOSA8XD6sPxBGBEZYS8Ra_FyYZjhnXGo0dgyLYIuoj9iSLJJ0k_SaVKgss4S1NL3IwWzBxMHwyATdNN9Q6Qjt8Ps9B0EcGSVFKfUt4TZJOx1FHVUtW-lsmXfJh4mHrYlpirGOnZ6BrkGwIbIxwUnBWd9d4-XpTeoR9dX3jft1_K3_Gf_uExYd2idOMNo19jbmNv5MnlS6bJpuNm7WdqqEvoqOkeKXLrGasl60zshm0xbjKuT695r6KwdXC7MM6yNzN6s960K3TftQj2Hbb1Nvn3UbdqN7445_nCudU6NbtP-2D7g7vevDV8Yr7_f1u_rr_3g==?accountName=gherasimC&characterName=DeceSMfers

Def :

DPS LS

POB Link : https://pastebin.com/SeGP5KVv
Last edited by gherasimC on Jun 16, 2019, 11:28:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info