ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

I would love to see a video of this build doing uber elder
Hi Ceryneian!

Great guide--I'm loving the build. I'm thinking about my first big ticket purchase and considering going for the 2 abyssal socket tombfist with high life/added lightning roll abyss jewels. I have maybe 2 exa in currency not counting fusings right now. What do you think? Thanks!

"
Vitrael wrote:
Hi Ceryneian!

Great guide--I'm loving the build. I'm thinking about my first big ticket purchase and considering going for the 2 abyssal socket tombfist with high life/added lightning roll abyss jewels. I have maybe 2 exa in currency not counting fusings right now. What do you think? Thanks!

Hi bud, nice kit! Yes Tombfist and good jewels are worth the currency for sure as they will give both high dps and defense increase. Be sure to get the right jewel so you can get Intimidate, and jewels should have some life on them as priority if you can, then damage mods. Otherwise rest of your kit looks good, only other thing to upgrade would be your amulet - to get one with more damage if you can but otherwise it's fine.
"
Ceryneian wrote:
"
drpooterhole wrote:
Ok let me reword what i said is there anyway i can rebuild this kinda to make it usable with a 2 handed sword? im still new so ill need a little help on the tree but i watched a youtube video of some dude named pohx kappa and he played a LS build and used a 2h sword playing a ranger if anyone could help with reworking the tree i would be very grateful

Yes you can make 2h sword version, keep in mind this build is scaling flat ele damage not phys, so you need a 2H sword with flat ele damage. But overall DPS will be lower than going 1H mainly because you will sacrifice off-hand (i.e. Lycosidae) for 2H. But on the other hand you can use Kaom's chest to get nice and beefy - so you should have more HP than the 1H build.

To build ele 2H on this build just take off any dagger or 1H nodes and put them into sword or 2H nodes - focusing more on the nodes that give APS or crit, and not the ones that give phys damage.

Another option I've actually been working on is to scale strength to get fire damage usign 2H sword with Shaper's mod (Adds (2–3) to (4–5) Fire Damage to Attacks with this Weapon per 10 Strength), and good APS and crit chance, then just stack as much strength, crit, aps and life on tree as you can. Should be able to get 500+ str not too hard and there are str builds that reach 1k str. Combined with Kaom's this will give you A TON of HP, and your damage should be good thank's to the Shaper mod. Plus combined with ranged gameplay on LS - that would be a very strong build. Auras will be Anger and Herald of Ice / Thunder. Gem links will be same but instead of Added Lightning or Light Pen you can put another damage gem like ICD/ICC and use Fire Pen. Obviously Marauder/Scion would be best for a fire build to get Chieftain bonuses from Ash - which is basically "shock" for fire damage to get 20% more damage. But Ranger can still work decently particularly with the frenzy charges.

Hi! I'm particularly interested in your theory using Marauder using a 1H sword. Any tips using a LS build with a Jugg using a Grelwood Shank? I'm running this league a Molten Strike Jugg and trying to figure out how to make it work efficiently using Lightning Strike, with the tankyness it offers, if viable at all. Thanks!
Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam
Last edited by Rigonus on Jul 4, 2018, 9:44:43 AM
"
Rigonus wrote:

Hi! I'm particularly interested in your theory using Marauder using a 1H sword. Any tips using a LS build with a Jugg using a Grelwood Shank? I'm running this league a Molten Strike Jugg and trying to figure out how to make it work efficiently using Lightning Strike, with the tankyness it offers, if viable at all. Thanks!

Hi thanks for checking out the guide. Since you are looking for efficiency unfortunately it is hard to justify playing melee / point-blank LS when there are other skills that you can swap in like MS give much higher damage in melee range. LS projectiles cannot shotgun like Molten Strike, so you will see a DPS loss if you try to use LS point-blank vs. Molten Strike (this why sometimes you see people run LS for the ranged AOE clear and keep a MS set up for the single target for bosses).

So your setup right now is already efficient.

Even if you socket Ancestral Call with LS and manage to do "double hits" with LS projectile + melee hit -> I don't think your DPS will surpass a Molten Strike build. I may be wrong but that's my guess.

To me the strength of LS is that you can play range with high APS (multistrike) and whirling blades, so despite my DPS being lower than meta builds, being ranged helps and cuts down on A LOT of risk allowing me to do hard bosses - as you can see most of the bosses I am killing at edge of screen.

So if you really want to do Grelwood Jugg with LS - yes we can make it work! but it's not going to be terribly efficient.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Jul 5, 2018, 4:15:33 AM
I can't find a single decent Dagger for this build on poe.trade. Think Claws are a good option too? If so, should I look for the same stats on the Claw as the ones recommended for daggers?

Edit1 : how much of the tree would you say is going to change? Just swapping from the dagger nodes to Soul Raker?

Edit2 : I cant find a good claw either, what the hell.

ps: sorry if the questions have already been answered
Last edited by dotlegend5 on Jul 7, 2018, 6:02:41 AM
"
dotlegend5 wrote:
I can't find a single decent Dagger for this build on poe.trade. Think Claws are a good option too? If so, should I look for the same stats on the Claw as the ones recommended for daggers?

Edit1 : how much of the tree would you say is going to change? Just swapping from the dagger nodes to Soul Raker?

Edit2 : I cant find a good claw either, what the hell.

ps: sorry if the questions have already been answered

Hi bud, yes you can use dagger/claw/sword - just swap the nodes and look for same stats. For nodes you want to focus more on nodes giving you crit and APS, and not on nodes giving phys damage.
Ive been curious as to how much currency this build needs in it to start i.e being able to clear low yellow tiers up to around t 11. I imagine choir of storms is almost necessary and so is lycon. So around 1.5 ex for other gear besides those two?
So I want to play a build very similar to this, and I was testing out items in Path of Building, and when I equiped a Choir of the Storm, my DPS didn't go up at all.

Did this happen to you aswell? I imagine 50% lightning damage should have shown up as a massive boost to my dps.
"
TeL_ wrote:
So I want to play a build very similar to this, and I was testing out items in Path of Building, and when I equiped a Choir of the Storm, my DPS didn't go up at all.

Did this happen to you aswell? I imagine 50% lightning damage should have shown up as a massive boost to my dps.

That's weird, post your link and I can take a look

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info