ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

For those with high-end daggers - I'm sure most have already seen this but base crit chance has been nerfed:

Ambusher: base crit chance from 6.68% to 6.3%

Platinum Kris: base crit chance from 7.28% to 7%

Demon Dagger: base crit chance from 7.28% to 7%

This will effect all existing daggers (no legacy versions will be created).

Last edited by Ceryneian on May 15, 2015, 8:01:06 AM
For those doing Atziri / Uber Atziri runs. I found some fun changes looking at the db:

- Atziri life increased ~35%
- Atziri damage for all spells has been doubled
- Fire penetration on large flameblast has increased from 8% fire pen to 10% fire pen.
- Projectile speed on arrow from 100% inc. projectile speed to 150% inc. projectile speed
- Bleed damage has been nerfed
- Similar changes for Vaals and Trio - damage and life increased

Not a big deal for Uber since all the spells one-shots me already, but regular Atziri will be more dangerous if you are tanking her spells instead of moving.

Last edited by Ceryneian on May 15, 2015, 8:14:27 AM
"
Ceryneian wrote:
"
lebanez wrote:
hi, my question is why did you use saffel's shield in the video of uber atziri not the rathpith shield ?

thanks

It is different version of my build - quad version. It is more expensive but very defensive that I made to do Uber reliably and Vaal Temple easily. See here: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/503727/page/159#p10349532

I use Saffell's because it enables me to get max spell block even after taking Acrobatics (which has block penalty). It also gives me +max resistances for more elemental defense.

Please note that this quad version will most likely NOT be viable in 2.0 (Rest in Peace) since GGG has nerfed Immortal Call duration such that max IC duration now (even with 7+ charges) is ~4.5s. With 4 charges you are at about 3s.

That is with 20/20 Inc. Duration. IC also now has 3s cooldown.

enhance!
"
Ceratoidei wrote:
"
Ceryneian wrote:
"
lebanez wrote:
hi, my question is why did you use saffel's shield in the video of uber atziri not the rathpith shield ?

thanks

It is different version of my build - quad version. It is more expensive but very defensive that I made to do Uber reliably and Vaal Temple easily. See here: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/503727/page/159#p10349532

I use Saffell's because it enables me to get max spell block even after taking Acrobatics (which has block penalty). It also gives me +max resistances for more elemental defense.

Please note that this quad version will most likely NOT be viable in 2.0 (Rest in Peace) since GGG has nerfed Immortal Call duration such that max IC duration now (even with 7+ charges) is ~4.5s. With 4 charges you are at about 3s.

That is with 20/20 Inc. Duration. IC also now has 3s cooldown.

enhance!

Unfortunately quality on the new IC has been changed to give inc. cast speed, it no longer gives duration for quality.
Would using rainbowstrides also be an alternative?

Was looking to replace the shield you said to use with a legacy aegis auroria and add rainbowstrides instead, can you help me with said build?
Last edited by DespardoXP on May 15, 2015, 2:04:02 PM
"
DespardoXP wrote:
Would using rainbowstrides also be an alternative?

Was looking to replace the shield you said to use with a legacy aegis auroria and add rainbowstrides instead, can you help me with said build?

Yes you can use Rainbowstrides but it is not recommend. You need life and evasion on boots. Aegis Aurora does not work on this build because we are evasion not armor. The Aegis block ES replenishing works as a % of armor so you need to have a lot of armor to make it work well.
Given the nerf to Ondar's Guile I will most likely unspec from this keystone. The ability to use LS projectiles to handle reflect in this case becomes useless. Although being able to use LS projectiles to fight at range still gives some advantages. However I am testing some other melee skills to replace LS.
Closed beta online skill tree for those interested:

Lightning Strike tree for beta. Note I am taking frenzy nodes due to changes (each frenzy charge now gives +4% more damage per charge) and Graceful Assault. Blood Rage has also been changed to be phys degen instead of chaos degen which is better if you had -60% chaos res like me.
Last edited by Ceryneian on May 19, 2015, 7:05:44 PM
i am lvl 68 and i realize that : without potion this build is dead ...
"
lebanez wrote:
i am lvl 68 and i realize that : without potion this build is dead ...

Well you need potion to get the block, otherwise you might as well take Acro and Phase Acro instead and not use block. With potion and the other items you can fight with max blocks.

Please see "Key Items Needed" in guide, also pasted below:

"
KEY ITEMS YOU NEED:

- Bringer of Rain (gives damage, life, block, and blind)

- Stone of Lazhwar (spell block)

- Rathpith Globe (% inc. life, spell block)

- Rumi's Flask (+% block, and +% spell block)
Last edited by Ceryneian on May 19, 2015, 8:27:31 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info