ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

Hey Ceryneian, Do you think your build would be available in 2.0?
Ceryneian can this build do all maps and solo some bosses??? i want a tanky classe and dps :)?
Crematorium is maybe the hardest Boss, the other ones are no problem, but clear speed isn't fast
hi, my question is why did you use saffel's shield in the video of uber atziri not the rathpith shield ?

thanks
capped spell block + max resis... with purities + flasks = 100% resis
"
My apologies if I missed this being discussed earlier in the thread. I perused it a bit but couldn't find anything. What are your thoughts on gearing this on a new league without access to legacy BoR? Does the nerfed faster casting and block chance mean that there are better options out there? I'm a fairly new player and playing on the new flashback league and I absolutely love the build so far but losing the higher gem level on faster attacks (compared to a 5 or 6link that is) and the entire chest slot without gaining the extra block seems not overly worth it to me.

Hi I don't think this build is worth doing on the 1 month league because you need the high-level gear (Rathpith and Bringer of Rain) to really enjoy the build. There are also many changes I have to make whenever GGG decides to release the full 2.0 version. I am not playing beta because there is no way for me to get all my gear in between wipes, and trade is almost non-existant on beta.

So I recommend you hold off on doing this build for 1-month league.
Last edited by Ceryneian on May 15, 2015, 7:09:15 AM
"
azamantes wrote:
hi there cery !

i always liked this build and the way you managed to keep this build and style of play through countless patches, buffs and a lot of nerfs.

i just wanted to share in this post the build i tried in the beta which is lightning strike :) (obvious) with dual claws. i started as a duelist because i initially wanted to try a 2h life flicker build. However because i had limited time and trading in beta is dead (almost self found) i decided to switch to claws.

offence stats
Spoiler

defense
Spoiler

ls dps
Spoiler

cyclone dps
Spoiler

weapons
Spoiler

jewels used
Spoiler

the links are:
ls-multistrike-melee phys damage-physical projectile ad-weapon elemental damage
cyclone-fortify-melee phys damage-added fire damage
ice golem-fortify-end charge on melee stun
hatred + herald of ash
blood rage
The main problems playing the build were:
- the high as hell requirements for int of the claws
- the lack of gems (cause of the beta realm)
- ice golem is squishy and dies very fast. i will try to get minion life gem or other supports. it also has a stupid ai getting all the time in the middle of all packs
- no way to run grace and hatred.....cause of the reduced reserved mana changes.....i was forced to take herald of ash
- warcries and enduring cry.. you need to cast them allllll the time... and the buffs they provide are not really powerful
- desync is still in the beta... lets hope det lockstep comes faster...
- location of some jewel nodes on the tree is realy stupid..some are gated behind 3 nodes (4% proj damage ????) + the jewel slot itself; also the jewels now are broken because of their mods (aka no synergy )

edit: small crappy clip with build in a random map
Spoiler
https://youtu.be/G28WbgDyP2A

Nice vid and thanks for sharing your beta experience!
"
lik4n wrote:
Hey Ceryneian, Do you think your build would be available in 2.0?

Yes the base build will be available in 2.0 - you may need to take off Ondar's Guile though. There are other changes I need to make but can't test until full version of the game is released.

Unfortunately there are things I need to take care of in real life and I will not be able to play PoE much longer. Hopefully 2.0 is released soon so I can update the guide for you guys.
Last edited by Ceryneian on May 15, 2015, 7:53:25 AM
"
JuhlDk wrote:
Ceryneian can this build do all maps and solo some bosses??? i want a tanky classe and dps :)?

Yes, but is not a tank build. I use movement + damage avoidance to survive. You also need good flask management (i.e. knowing when to use your flasks and when you don't have to, and know how quickly you can refill). If you want tanky class with high dps try something like Marauder with Glacial Hammer.

It relies on evasion, blind and block - so you need Rumi's Flask, Bringer of Rain, Stone of Lazhwar, and Rathpith's Globe.

Do not attempt the bosses below unless you know what you are doing. With a ~230dps dagger (Bino's) I have shown that you can freeze bosses with this build (thanks to Shock and high cold) up to Courtyard - so if you can freeze bosses it becomes much easier. However if you have lower DPS weapon and cannot freeze reliably then these fights become risky.

These bosses are challenging on the regular version of the build if you do not have high DPS:

- Jungle Valley (high chaos damage, many surrounding spiders reduces your evasion effectiveness)
- Academy (whirlwind creates many instances of physical damage)
- Crematorium (many instances of fire damage - prone to stun-lock as well)

These bosses are challenging on the regular version even with high DPS:

- Palace
- Vaal Temple map

If you run my quad version of this build then you can do all bosses in the game easily including Uber Atziri.

Last edited by Ceryneian on May 15, 2015, 7:24:30 AM
"
lebanez wrote:
hi, my question is why did you use saffel's shield in the video of uber atziri not the rathpith shield ?

thanks

It is different version of my build - quad version. It is more expensive but very defensive that I made to do Uber reliably and Vaal Temple easily. See here: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/503727/page/159#p10349532

I use Saffell's because it enables me to get max spell block even after taking Acrobatics (which has block penalty). It also gives me +max resistances for more elemental defense.

Please note that this quad version will most likely NOT be viable in 2.0 (Rest in Peace) since GGG has nerfed Immortal Call duration such that max IC duration now (even with 7+ charges) is ~4.5s. With 4 charges you are at about 3s.

That is with 20/20 Inc. Duration. IC also now has 3s cooldown.
Last edited by Ceryneian on May 15, 2015, 7:55:15 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info