0.11.4 Patch Notes

"
Dreggon wrote:
"
Fixed an error where butterflies would inappropriately spawn on your enemies. (No, really, this was a thing.)

This should be a microtransaction. Not the kind of lovey-dovey butterflies, but old faerie lore butterflies that eat the flesh.

YES, it should! :D

-VG-
Invited to Beta 2012-03-18 / Supporter since 2012-04-08
"
Wittgenstein wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:
sadly it does nothing to fix:

- melee being an afterthought (weaver fight being - probably - another spit in the face for melee players). sporkers still being the easiest way to kill mobs with maxed out IIR/IIQ, while players can hardly stack ANY

- shavrones and other obviously broken items fueling RMT/jsp

- farming noobs being the best way to gain wealth

sadly these things make this game less and less enjoyable to play (and definitely stop me from further donations. why should i support company that is afraid of balancing obviously broken items? why should i support company that on one hand is 'against RMT' and on the other a) does little to punish players doing it (check top of all ladders you'll find that almost all players there rmt/jsp) b) introduces items that are 'must have' for so many people that rmt/jsp is inevitable c) balances game by rarity (extremely stupid concept)

Because one patch didn't address those issues, does not mean another patch will not. Also, if you do not want to support GGG - don't. But then, if that is the case, do not continue to play the game and then post on the forums about how bad it is and why you won't support it.

High-Five and Fist Bump to this
Arguing on the Internet: What's the point when you can't punch them in the face when they really piss you off?
"
Chris wrote:
...depending on how our work over the weekend goes.

HARDCORE! Thanks for your hard work, it's appreciated.
d:- D
ign: MenderSwiftpaw / UprightRhoa / WitchWhichWanders
though the dark may come, the sun also rises.
"
Rockdale wrote:
"
MullaXul wrote:
Too many ungrateful dicks in here. This is a great patch, stop feeling obligated to bitch like GGG owes you more then they give. This company especially being what it is/started as has supported this game amazingly.

Amen! I get people being frustrated over long-overdue tweaks, but let's face facts:

1. This game exists.
2. It is more-than-functional.
3. GGG is not Blizzard. It does not have Blizz-esque resources. It has a limited staff.
4. GGG is privately-held. Chris has the gold. He makes the rules. And it will remain privately-held. And if Chris ever sells out, we all walk.
5. The game looks gorgeous.
6. Gameplay is quite acceptable. Yes, melee is bonk right now, but we are in the biggest open-beta in history. GGG is still working things out.
7. This company is the most-accessible I have ever seen in gaming unless the CCP of the last two years beats it out there.
8. Chris seems to be a very-smart and very-nice individual who attracts like.
9. The pay-for-free-non-play-to-win is more-than-novel and is worth supporting.

Ergo... GGG does not need to not have the good things it's doing not taken into account. Let's get out of ourselves and take in the entire picture.

Peace - out.

totally agree with this. I understand peoples dislike with some current aspects of the game but I think to expect a fix for some of the huge balance issues in a patch so soon is unrealistic. I believe that GGG is taking steps to see how the whole picture pans out which god forbid we wait a little more for a more stable long term fix to the balance issues. I think the optimization they are doing is a huge step in the right direction.
"

totally agree with this. I understand peoples dislike with some current aspects of the game but I think to expect a fix for some of the huge balance issues in a patch so soon is unrealistic. I believe that GGG is taking steps to see how the whole picture pans out which god forbid we wait a little more for a more stable long term fix to the balance issues.

sporkers and melee were issues in closed beta. one year ago. i dont expect them fixing stuff like detonate dead leveling being pointless ASAP as this is minor issue. but sporker/melee is issue destroying what GGG claimed was important to them - diversity. try some lunaris runs with public group (so theoretically full of noobs doing crazy builds) and tell me the sporker to melee ratio.

whole picture is one year old and 'melee patch' turned out as a disaster created to nerf-around kaoms because they havent had balls to nerf this item. theyve added few uniques that allow some melee builds (and because these are 4ex+ they are highly sought item on 'that' site..) and thats it. general situation with melee is still the same - play ranged, dont bother with subpar play style.

how many patches without ANY sign of things changing you are going to wait/waste time before you notice that there is an issue? if you say nothing they think there is no problem
There is an Coptic-church-sized litany of all sorts of quality-of-life issues GGG will need to look into, but right now, the client crashing less is paramount. GGG has been working hard on this patch with downsizing the art assets code. What I think so many are baffled at is that you are not talking about that good stuff going on in addition to the very-pressing issues you are bringing up.

Of course, I'm new to the following Path of Exile obsessively party and have not gotten into what Eve Online players call 'bitter vet syndrome' yet. :-)

That being said, I hope GGG is able (because it is certainly willing) to look into whatever server upgrades are necessary to tramp down on the de-sync issues plaguing things. And frankly, I'd rather they look into that before even the art assets.

De-sync is a game-killer, and I expect working on the art assets is a direct combat against de-sync. Let's hope so.
"
Rockdale wrote:

De-sync is a game-killer, and I expect working on the art assets is a direct combat against de-sync. Let's hope so.

if art and desync are in any way shape or form related then this is a disastrous software engineering mistake. and given that theyve managed to do several things right im pretty certain that this isnt the case. i hope they fix their shader-cache as currently fetching from it takes longer than creating it a new.

and i see good things, i like that new skill (at least) arrived so ill have blast with my dual boot knives (until i reach act3 merc and realize that this skill is not viable..). i like the gfx improvements and definitely like the alpha howl exploit fix (thanks Kripp for making them to fix it - same with degen bear)

but i simply do not like leaving the glaring issues without any comment/work being done for SO LONG
"
sidtherat wrote:
GGG to survive as a company HAS TO listen to rants such as mine.

I didn't read the rest of your post, any of your other posts, or any of other peoples post replying to you. But I felt the need to go into the details upon this one.

No. GGG does not HAS to do this. GGG is FORCED to listen to rants such as yours.

Dude. Do you really think that is fair? Do you really think that should be possible?

Hell, I dare you. I fucking DARE you to go in a shop, and complain exactly the same way like you do here on the forums. What, lost your balls?

Oh yeah it happens. Sometimes people barge in a shop, and start shouting to the owner because he sold them shit due date and shit. But how do you think it would be, if not one, not two, but a dozen of people do it, every single day? Do you really think a shop manager would take that shit, and won't undertake any action?

Hell, I Admire GGG, and most other internet companies, for keeping their head cool to trollers, flamers. If I was in charge here, I would have banned you just for saying these words. They are not your slaves, they are not your subject to do whatever you please with them. They are just people offering YOU their services for free.

Being banned for that harsh? My ass. What you are doing here is abusing the "customer is king" model, and by doing so, screweing over every other customer(like me for instance).

And yes, I realise it is a bussiness model, the whole Pay for Free. But in the end, how did you expect them do it otherwise? They have huge amounts of costs producing the game alone. And I'm pretty sure you are not one of the people who would donate stuff to the game without getting anything in return. So they have to do something like this. Especially since they already told us that they didn't agree with the pay to play/pay to win model.
How else do you think they should make their money? Rob a bank, and kidnap some rich guys son in the process?

Nothing is free on this world. But they are making the best out of it. And THIS is how you treat them?

You should feel proud on yourself boy.

Don't bother replying to this nevertheless. I don't feel the need to read any reaction to this one, and won't. I just hope this will at least make you, and others, think about things.
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
they are making this game to make money. just like a shop owner. this is just business (with a splash of passion etc but if this happens to fail as a business model GGG wont be able to pay for the server/maintenance costs with 'passion' currency. what is the ratio to dollars of that?)

so please, leave the 'it is free and yet you dare to criticize them'. they earn more % on our donations than blizz on purchases (no middle-men, no physical boxes, no logistic chain etc). they are doing business. the moment you forget that you've lost contact with reality. we are their customers and we have - understandably i hope - our needs/wishes/issues. read up on that 'provider-customer' relation - if they want to profit on their services they have to cave in to customer demands or go bankrupt.

and I DO talk right that in shops, hell i take them to courts if they refuse to admit to misdeeds (and i have yet to loose a case). if you dont - they prepare to be exploited in real world of 21st century

btw what issues that i mention are outrageous to you? melee being shit? jsp'ers in top 10 of all ladders? overpowered uniques ruining diversity and fueling RMT? DESYNC?

is there anything non-essential that i have issue with? something that hasnt really changed for months/years in some cases?

"
Oh yeah it happens. Sometimes people barge in a shop, and start shouting to the owner because he sold them shit due date and shit. But how do you think it would be, if not one, not two, but a dozen of people do it, every single day? Do you really think a shop manager would take that shit, and won't undertake any action?

this made me wonder. so you buy due date stuff and.. do nothing about that? and a tip to a show owner that has a dozen of people complaining about due date stuff - dont sell due date stuff. that should quickly reduce number of complaints - what other action would that shop owner do? beat customers? lol..
Last edited by sidtherat on Aug 17, 2013, 7:49:21 AM
Can't wait for the patch! Thank you GGG!

Hoping a very important "Ignore" feature is added to the forums so I can shut out those that kick and scream like children. It would make it so much more pleasant to read.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info