0.11.4 Patch Notes

Storm Cloud cries alone in the dark.... :(

On a more serious note: great patch!
Needs more fixing for aura abuse though.
"
sidtherat wrote:
sadly it does nothing to fix:

- melee being an afterthought (weaver fight being - probably - another spit in the face for melee players). sporkers still being the easiest way to kill mobs with maxed out IIR/IIQ, while players can hardly stack ANY

- shavrones and other obviously broken items fueling RMT/jsp

- farming noobs being the best way to gain wealth

sadly these things make this game less and less enjoyable to play (and definitely stop me from further donations. why should i support company that is afraid of balancing obviously broken items? why should i support company that on one hand is 'against RMT' and on the other a) does little to punish players doing it (check top of all ladders you'll find that almost all players there rmt/jsp) b) introduces items that are 'must have' for so many people that rmt/jsp is inevitable c) balances game by rarity (extremely stupid concept)

Because one patch didn't address those issues, does not mean another patch will not. Also, if you do not want to support GGG - don't. But then, if that is the case, do not continue to play the game and then post on the forums about how bad it is and why you won't support it.
"the premier Action RPG for hardcore gamers."
-GGG

Happy hunting/fishing
NB4AUX!
RIP Diablo franchise

RIP Bird Lovers of Wraeclast <BLÔW>

Congrats Chris & others for cashing out! I don't blame you. I'll be saving money now... unless I start making a lot more. Can't wait to see if you guys start a new studio in six years! RIP GGG
"
Wittgenstein wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:
sadly it does nothing to fix:

- melee being an afterthought (weaver fight being - probably - another spit in the face for melee players). sporkers still being the easiest way to kill mobs with maxed out IIR/IIQ, while players can hardly stack ANY

- shavrones and other obviously broken items fueling RMT/jsp

- farming noobs being the best way to gain wealth

sadly these things make this game less and less enjoyable to play (and definitely stop me from further donations. why should i support company that is afraid of balancing obviously broken items? why should i support company that on one hand is 'against RMT' and on the other a) does little to punish players doing it (check top of all ladders you'll find that almost all players there rmt/jsp) b) introduces items that are 'must have' for so many people that rmt/jsp is inevitable c) balances game by rarity (extremely stupid concept)

Because one patch didn't address those issues, does not mean another patch will not. Also, if you do not want to support GGG - don't. But then, if that is the case, do not continue to play the game and then post on the forums about how bad it is and why you won't support it.

melee is VERY inferior to ranged since closed beta. it was an issue then - very very serious issue
sporkers are broken since closed beta. it was an issue then - very very serious issue

given that i wonder how many patches are needed for something to change in that areas? there is nothing on the horizon that shows that ggg wants to address these AT ALL. nothing. it has been over a year now and melee is still an afterthought and sporkers are 'the' way to play if you want to have 100000 IIR/IIQ.

sporkers had two changes - ancestral bond and spork crit chance -2%. you dont need to be an Einstein to see that both these changes did not address the fact that totem builds gain all rewards without any risks. melee got few (mostly mediocre) gems AND had its life base butchered. how is that for making it en par with ranged? yeah soul taker is in the game. sadly..

as of your other comments - please.. take care of your own business.
Chris I have an important question?

Will the old art data be automatically removed? or do we need to uninstall and reinstall the whole game to remove the old art data and save the 40% space???
Don't rush, this update seems pretty great!
If the aura thing is changed where you can can't use the bloodmagic unique then this is complete bullshit. It sounds like it will totally nerf 99% of all builds. From my understanding, if you ever go to town then the auras will go back to whatever they reserve normally. This is gay. I always have reduced mana gems linked anyway, so ok. But I don't want to walk into town and DIE because my auras then take more reserved!
IGN: UrName(Standard)

IGN: Mr_Freezy(Anarchy) or S_P_O_R_K_E_R (Anarchy, usually on this one now for farming)

or just add AMC93
"
stevich wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:
"
I'm fairly condfident that most if not all of these issues will be fixed before the final release of the game.

sadly this is the phrase i've read on d3 forums too many times already. poe is approaching d3 state very fast:

- one dominant/faceroll build that spits at all others (WW barb/sporker) - checked
- playing the game not really needed to progress (trading) - checked
- 'economy' word being used 100times per each use of word 'fun', 'game', 'playing'. that is - people playing this game to gain real world money, as a job.
- devs not having balls to fix obvious blunders theyve done - shavrones, soul taker, kaoms. items so powerful that they require rebalancing everything else. and that is needed because some nerds that rmt/jsp these items would cry foul on the forums and 'quit'.

mainly the last part made me loose confidence in ggg as a company and cut the donations. i want to see progress in these areas (and desync! this shit is unreal..) before i even consider forking more cash. currently there is no progress, not even talking is being done.

The funny part about comparing Poe to D3 is that you dont Need to pay anything to Play poe.
Ist free for everyone, they do a great Job updating the game.

The whole trading System in poe is better than in any online game i have seen so far and they try to protect it.
In D3 its built in.
Only Point i agree with you is that some items Need to be nerfed and more balancing Needs to be done, you forgot its a beta of a entirely free game.

Best trading system I ever saw is in EVE Online. I like POE a lot but in this aspect it is far behind but I am okay with it.
IGN : Mettiu
"
Only Point i agree with you is that some items Need to be nerfed and more balancing Needs to be done, you forgot its a beta of a entirely free game.

it being free is GGG business decision and as is it does not make this game immune to criticism. they make this game to earn money. difference is they need many new players to buy microtransactions (stash tabs mainly) instead of players paying upfront

also 'beta' is often used as a cheap excuse and i do not buy it. almost all games nowadays are 'beta' because it gives zealots a nice weapon to fight with and company a shield from any criticism. 'but but but it is a beta! all will be great when released'. and we all know it never is the case..

disregarding beta/free they indeed do changes but recently they focus on aesthetics and minor stuff leaving:

- broken items
- class ballance
- desync
- no action about RMT/JSP users (probably half of both ladders are using jsp daily and they do that for ages without any bans. that is very strange given how easy is to track gear-flow..)

not touched. for a company that NEEDS new players to stay in the game long enough to buy microtransactions not fixing desync right away is a strange and suicidal move. dying in a room youve not ever visited is cool.. not. players that play for a little but not long enough to buy MT are cost to the company.

hardcore no-lifers will not replace steady influx of new players. if they want to make game that suits their personal needs they should be ready to do donations in 50k range. that might be enough for server costs. maybe.
"
sidtherat wrote:
"

also 'beta' is often used as a cheap excuse and i do not buy it. almost all games nowadays are 'beta' because it gives zealots a nice weapon to fight with and company a shield from any criticism. 'but but but it is a beta! all will be great when released'. and we all know it never is the case..

So, you're suggestng that PoE will never release...? Boy, you are so mad. PoE is not another crappy game that will be in beta forever. They are doing really good job and the game will be released.

People are like: "ye, fix this, fix that". It takes time, money and skill. They are not a wizards...
Last edited by eleMENTAL2013 on Aug 16, 2013, 11:37:49 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info