0.11.4 Patch Notes

"
sidtherat wrote:
"
Only Point i agree with you is that some items Need to be nerfed and more balancing Needs to be done, you forgot its a beta of a entirely free game.

it being free is GGG business decision and as is it does not make this game immune to criticism. they make this game to earn money. difference is they need many new players to buy microtransactions (stash tabs mainly) instead of players paying upfront

also 'beta' is often used as a cheap excuse and i do not buy it. almost all games nowadays are 'beta' because it gives zealots a nice weapon to fight with and company a shield from any criticism. 'but but but it is a beta! all will be great when released'. and we all know it never is the case..

disregarding beta/free they indeed do changes but recently they focus on aesthetics and minor stuff leaving:

- broken items
- class ballance
- desync
- no action about RMT/JSP users (probably half of both ladders are using jsp daily and they do that for ages without any bans. that is very strange given how easy is to track gear-flow..)

not touched. for a company that NEEDS new players to stay in the game long enough to buy microtransactions not fixing desync right away is a strange and suicidal move. dying in a room youve not ever visited is cool.. not. players that play for a little but not long enough to buy MT are cost to the company.

hardcore no-lifers will not replace steady influx of new players. if they want to make game that suits their personal needs they should be ready to do donations in 50k range. that might be enough for server costs. maybe.

You can still quit. It is impossible to please everybody.
IGN : Mettiu
Last edited by Mettiu on Aug 16, 2013, 11:41:52 AM
so you want the game to be exactly how you like it? 'free to play' game is a business model requiring steady influx of new players. this == cattering to 'noobs'. deal with that. GGG to survive as a company HAS TO listen to rants such as mine. if these start to repeat itself they will have to cave in. no matter what 'hardcore' and 'pro' players think/whine they are in minority and they are NOT the source of GGG income. if you are anywhere near the IT industry - calculate OPEX for software company of 20 people and realize that money has to come in from somewhere.

MT model requires people to not get pissed/scammed for long enough to not quit before doing micropurchase. desync covers the first, second is covered greatly by knowledge-deprived economy.

and i do not see me stopping voicing my opinion AND playing the game at the same time - this is a free to play game that i once hoped to turn awesome. it has been a downhill since open beta sadly..
"
sidtherat wrote:
they make this game to earn money.

sure they have to pay their bills but the first goal was and still is to make the game they always wanted to play. that's also the reason why they care so much about their player base. sometimes too much for my taste.

"
sidtherat wrote:
also 'beta' is often used as a cheap excuse and i do not buy it.

there is a difference between pointing ggg to the problematic parts of the game and blaming them for it. give them a chance to fix the game until release.

"
sidtherat wrote:

'but but but it is a beta! all will be great when released'. and we all know it never is the case..

we all do know it's the case. chris stated their release plan, though not on this site imo.

"
sidtherat wrote:

disregarding beta/free they indeed do changes but recently they focus on aesthetics and minor stuff leaving:

they didn't focus on certain parts, every programmer has it's own job and the guy doing the core engine can't be assigned to do some textures.

"
sidtherat wrote:

- no action about RMT/JSP users (probably half of both ladders are using jsp daily and they do that for ages without any bans. that is very strange given how easy is to track gear-flow..)

wrong, ggg does a great job fighting rmt sites but they keep their actions in the background for their own reasons. please stop generally blaming players of cheating and spreading fud.

"
sidtherat wrote:

for a company that NEEDS new players to stay in the game long enough to buy microtransactions

new players are always welcome but poe already has a stable fan base which has donated alot in the past and is still donating. othwewise hey couldn't have hired a new programmer some weeks ago.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Hopefully it'll be a pleasure to play?

What is supposed to give us pleasure exactly?

The content added in this patch is pretty much none existent..1 new skill gem that only a few people will be able to use and you gave a boss an already existing skill to use as well as some adds.

Damn the excitement is killing me. But you did manage to stream line your code a bit, congratulations.
The work on optimizing most or all of the art assets in-game was alone enough to justify a patch and represented a massive amount of man-hours spent re-coding a whole lot of stuff. Keep harping, though: I have to think GGG has seriously thought on all this, but in the light of what this patch will (hopefully) accomplish, I think Chris and Co. can be forgiven for not fixing meele, wealth-creation, sporkers, etc.

Game crashes are game-killers. RMT does not crash the client (though it does hurt things, I'll grant you). GGG is putting their focus where it should be...for now. :-)

"
sidtherat wrote:
sadly it does nothing to fix:

- melee being an afterthought (weaver fight being - probably - another spit in the face for melee players). sporkers still being the easiest way to kill mobs with maxed out IIR/IIQ, while players can hardly stack ANY

- shavrones and other obviously broken items fueling RMT/jsp

- farming noobs being the best way to gain wealth

sadly these things make this game less and less enjoyable to play (and definitely stop me from further donations. why should i support company that is afraid of balancing obviously broken items? why should i support company that on one hand is 'against RMT' and on the other a) does little to punish players doing it (check top of all ladders you'll find that almost all players there rmt/jsp) b) introduces items that are 'must have' for so many people that rmt/jsp is inevitable c) balances game by rarity (extremely stupid concept)
Well... Chris. Can we get a free full tree respec? Pleasssseeeeeee.... I have like three characters I want to try new builds for.
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
Too many ungrateful dicks in here. This is a great patch, stop feeling obligated to bitch like GGG owes you more then they give. This company especially being what it is/started as has supported this game amazingly.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Awesome as always, GGG. Keep up the great work and please ignore the hate. We know you're working on it. As always. ;)
"Within their deliriousness it's dark, like sojourners of souls they shall embark."
i cant wait for ALLL the uniques to have 3d art... keep up the work!
"
MullaXul wrote:
Too many ungrateful dicks in here. This is a great patch, stop feeling obligated to bitch like GGG owes you more then they give. This company especially being what it is/started as has supported this game amazingly.

Amen! I get people being frustrated over long-overdue tweaks, but let's face facts:

1. This game exists.
2. It is more-than-functional.
3. GGG is not Blizzard. It does not have Blizz-esque resources. It has a limited staff.
4. GGG is privately-held. Chris has the gold. He makes the rules. And it will remain privately-held. And if Chris ever sells out, we all walk.
5. The game looks gorgeous.
6. Gameplay is quite acceptable. Yes, melee is bonk right now, but we are in the biggest open-beta in history. GGG is still working things out.
7. This company is the most-accessible I have ever seen in gaming unless the CCP of the last two years beats it out there.
8. Chris seems to be a very-smart and very-nice individual who attracts like.
9. The pay-for-free-non-play-to-win is more-than-novel and is worth supporting.

Ergo... GGG does not need to not have the good things it's doing not taken into account. Let's get out of ourselves and take in the entire picture.

Peace - out.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info