0.11.4 Patch Notes

"
sherkhan wrote:

1. Trading is as much part of playing POE as is killing monsters. The barter system reminds me of initial D2, where there are rewards for scamming new players that had no chance to gain knowledge about what what is worth. Farming noobs is the best way to gain wealth in this game. Killing monsters is not really needed at all.

fixed that for you

as for the melee - maybe post your passive tree and main hand weapon so we can see how much does it take to make a char viable for high maps (and tell us how much IIR/IIQ you have - sporkers on a budget can have insane amounts of both while doing the same maps as you but faster)

what new builds? most new uniques made CI even stronger and life even more of a joke. melee desync like crazy and does not do any more damage than ranged and has obviosly lower survivability. why there are like 5 sporkers per each public party in lunaris runs? diversity? or maybe this build is simply the best by far and playing anything else when aiming for efficiency is a stupid idea?
"
sidtherat wrote:
"
sherkhan wrote:

1. Trading is as much part of playing POE as is killing monsters. The barter system reminds me of initial D2, where there are rewards for scamming new players that had no chance to gain knowledge about what what is worth. Farming noobs is the best way to gain wealth in this game. Killing monsters is not really needed at all.

fixed that for you

as for the melee - maybe post your passive tree and main hand weapon so we can see how much does it take to make a char viable for high maps (and tell us how much IIR/IIQ you have - sporkers on a budget can have insane amounts of both while doing the same maps as you but faster)

what new builds? most new uniques made CI even stronger and life even more of a joke. melee desync like crazy and does not do any more damage than ranged and has obviosly lower survivability. why there are like 5 sporkers per each public party in lunaris runs? diversity? or maybe this build is simply the best by far and playing anything else when aiming for efficiency is a stupid idea?

That's exactly how I feel about the trading system as well. Thanks.
"
sidtherat wrote:
"
sherkhan wrote:

fixed that for you

trading is always the fastest way to gain wealth. So what?

if you enjoy playing a sparkler, than play one. I would rather gouge my eyes out, but to each their own.

Melee is so much more fun.
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:
"
sherkhan wrote:

fixed that for you

trading is always the fastest way to gain wealth. So what?

if you enjoy playing a sparkler, than play one. I would rather gouge my eyes out, but to each their own.

i dont have a sporker (yet) - have 2h mace mara, shield charger (crap without 300dps 1h weapon that costs millions), fappulser, discharger (Awesome with that new Vicario' amulet giving extra charges and EE), summoner, two attempts at cleaver (phys and ele - both in early levels but i already see that i need incredible 1h weapons that cost millions again), phys+crit bow ranger (excelent but i lack a decent gear..) and several other chars on the other account that arent worht mentioning. all life chars. sadly when i compare all these to sporkers that have 400IIR easily and try to fit at least 100 on any of my chars without gimping survivability i know i wasted my time.

sporker for the win. CI for the win.

oh.. melee is fun? so you dont desync?

all the above are from trades - nothing spectacular as i dont put dollars into this game but good items nonetheless. so i know how to do/exploit trading. i simply dont like that and hate the vision of trading for days to get the broken uniques. and i still hate that that if you want to finish the game (lets say that clearing lvl77 map is finishing it) you HAVE to trade. but you dont need to play the game (besides gaining access to lab) at all. you get one lucky drop (or.. 'aquire' some starting wealth) and then flip items for hours.

but Q gem for 1 alch, sell for 1 chaos. buy/sell gcp with chaos 1:3/1:4. buy lots of regrets 1:1 chaos, sell 12chaos:10regrets etc etc. people do that all the time. it works perfectly. you gain tons of chaoses (that you also trade up with scam ratios) in minutes. there is nothing savvy about that. it is just shameless exploiting of noobs.

but noobs soon enough realize what is happening and leave. who will all these 'savvy traders' scam when there are only traders around? then youll all whine and cry that 'nothing is selling' and 'economy is dead' and move to other game where youll ruin it all the same.

"
SL4Y3R wrote:

Yeah perhaps, but none of it is as fun as it used to be. Pity (lucky?) you didn't get to play end-game in turbo when phase run was still around.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info