0.11.4 Patch Notes

Great patch. Except for weaver using skill based on ethereal knives. Sad news for evasion characters.
"
Mifume wrote:
"
jsn006 wrote:

Shaggy Monstrosities now perform flat life degeneration based on their level, rather than a percentage based degeneration.

Question is, buff or nerf? What was the % before and how much is the flat degen of say, a level 70 monster?

I would GUESS its a nerf and I would GUESS its a nerf to spectre summoners. When I'm not mistaken those Monstrosities are the bears, which made Vaal Oversoul extremely easy, since their degen burned his health down really quick. The change to flat dmg instead of %-dmg should be a nerf to that.

yep its the bears :)

"
vankeris wrote:
Great patch. Except for weaver using skill based on ethereal knives. Sad news for evasion characters.

My guess is its based on EK, but damage is actually 50/50 chaos / physical. Use a granite and endurance cry, and get some chaos res / amethyst flask ... you guys give up so easily. You only need her for the quest, and she is in one map ... ok fair enough, thats just one map, and there's a counter to her which I just mentioned, and you dont even know how much damage it deals yet, or if she even uses it at close range! Sheesh.

Changed the mod on the unique Soul Taker from "Melee attacks can't fail based on cost" to "Insufficient Mana doesn't prevent your Melee Attacks". This means it will no longer have any effect when using Blood Magic. Instead of killing you, the skill will fail.

Who would use BM with soul taker? The ENTIRE point of ST is to not use BM when you have a 1000 auras reserved to mana. Did i miss something??
Last edited by ancalagon3000 on Aug 16, 2013, 3:21:28 AM
"
Chris wrote:

[li]Fixed a bug where auras would not update when you changed area with a different aura level and setup than that which you cast the aura with.[/li]

Dear GGG!
The second most important question of this patch is whether it will affect gem swapping and Malachai Simula/Convenant Blood Magic swapping, or not?

The first one is what would the real effect of optimization be, but that is unknown for the moment.

Regards,
Entropus
IGN Kinnat (S) / Sihaam (S) / Aedhammair (S) / Ranulfr (S)
☄ 1.0.0 The Butchery of Mages Patch
This is one of the most-important patches you've released so far. The art-asset size reduction alone is worth the price of admission.
"
Chris wrote:
Balance:
  • Monsters other than Kraityn now have a cooldown on their Flicker Strike.

Did you read my mind just now? Yesterday I was having serious trouble with rare flicker strike guys in cruel act 2, since I couldn't get away from them to recharge my energy shield and they'd spam me to death with discharge or whatever. I was about to make a thread for it, but looks like this could fix it and allow me to kill them without dying five times myself. Too bad I have to wait until Monday for it.
It was mentioned elsewhere, and I'm too lazy to dig it up (I think by at least mark)

The blood magic items for the auras, along with everything else, will reset every time you rezone. Meaning you would have to carry all the swap items with you, and redo and recast all of them every time you zone for it to work.

It was also stated that this is still a bug, even doing it this way, and that this also will be fixed, it's just a separate fix that they need to implement to get it so even this doesn't work.

And I'm very happy this is what it will be as well, it looks bad for a game to let a major bug run too long.
IGN = Dellusions_Duelist
"
Chris wrote:

• Shaggy Monstrosities now perform flat life degeneration based on their level, rather than a percentage based degeneration.

I just did a map and had a thought.

Since Grinning Totems also have this degeneration aura, will they also be affected by this?
Although new plate vest looks nice, I wanted to ask, if it will be instead of plate vest on normal difficuly ?? I liked the idea of it, when you start and you are using whatever you find because you dont have anythink and plate vest was just two pieces of metal put together with chain... :)
"
Dellusions wrote:
It was mentioned elsewhere, and I'm too lazy to dig it up (I think by at least mark)

The blood magic items for the auras, along with everything else, will reset every time you rezone. Meaning you would have to carry all the swap items with you, and redo and recast all of them every time you zone for it to work.

It was also stated that this is still a bug, even doing it this way, and that this also will be fixed, it's just a separate fix that they need to implement to get it so even this doesn't work.

And I'm very happy this is what it will be as well, it looks bad for a game to let a major bug run too long.

strange, i read something complety different. mark said something about not fixing it cause u still paying for the benefit of having that aura. you lose life so it's ok.
but maybe the post your talking about was a more recent one.

------ Fixed a bug with the Coward's Trial Boss's mass revive skill ------

BUG??? really, that's why this map called "Coward's Trial" // Coward's Complain instead

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info