Some 0.11.4 Changes

"
mazul wrote:

At lv76-77 maps you run in full parties, not solo. Aura issue only applies to solo players.

I've already noted in this topic, that again GGG showed their's attitude to solo play ppls (as usual, something like middle finger up).

But anyway, even if you are in full party, it is advisable to have your own set of auras.

For me it's not maybe a big problem although I use AH and Convenant to put 7 auras. But I have spare passive points and enough high level RM gems to still use at least 5 maybe 6 auras even if all 3 steps will be "fixed" (1 - +2 to gems which is fixed in this patch, 2 - 8% reduction, 3 - BM uniques). The question is, if I would like to make a hassle and rebuild my characters is still to be answered... because, as strange as it can seems, I don't see that it would be more fun or diversity after this "fix", IMO it will be quite opposite. Especially for solo play, and although I play in parties, I don't care about party play and my builds are build to be self sustainable.

Fortunately, it is not much to do until A3X, so...
Anticipation slowly dissipates...
RIP Alpha Howl and the Covenant.
"
because flask effects are no longer buffs.

RIP flasks being useful

Did you idiots even think about this for half a second? Oh my god.
"
nynyny wrote:
"
Ryouko wrote:

I think the only league we should balance around is Standard/Anarchy, because HC/ONS are, as every reasonable man knows, almost identical to Standard/Anarchy.

The only difference between HC/ONS and Standard/Anarchy is the addition of a new skill called "Instant Teleport" activated by pressing ALT+F4 simultaneously. The skill is currently bugged as it closes the client, but all in all, it teleports you safely to town.

You know, I am pretty sure most OS/HC players would support a delay on logout if the game itself wouldnt be so fucked up that it teleporting you into a room you never stepped foot in (insane problem in Maze) is pretty common thing to happen.

The laggs, the desynch, the teleportation of your character. These things would kill you. Not because you made a mistake but because the games netcode/engine/whatever it is does some crazy shit that still hasnt been fixed. And punishing someone for playing flawlessly by killing off his level 90 character seems pretty unreasonable to me, don't you think?

What makes hardcore play possible is that there ain't a logout timer since that will kill you 100% when (not if, but when) a dc of any reason happens or a client/computer crash, that's the reason HC play in D3 ain't possible for me in mp1+ ( all characters iv'e lost is due reasons like that, even more so with "glasscannon characters that will die when standing still"). It also make you able to take more risks exploring maps/areas without actually have the gear for it (overgeared), what kills you is what should kill you, position mistakes and thats good ( not sure if i like 1 KO kills though , since desync is kinda heavy in the game, combined with Vaal smash etc.)
Last edited by mrgrin on Aug 13, 2013, 10:57:47 AM
"
Crapony wrote:
Thank you kripparrian for making making videos about item switching. next stop, nerf torchlight.

lol, good point :D
Aaron Ciccheli, a guy who made millions running Diablo and PoE RMT sites, owns a significant portion of GGG. How's that for a conflict of interest? 7.5% of your supporter pack money goes to this guy.
"
nynyny wrote:

Low Life builds always required you to invest huge amounts of money. Without Shavs you spend 35 Exalted on Chaos Resistance Gear, with Shavs you spend 35 Exalted on Shavs. There literally is no difference when using the indexer apart from having a little bit more work finding the gear that fits you.

They are so incredibly equal that everyone is using Shavronnes and I've seen exactly no one taking the chaos route?

"
nynyny wrote:

You want to play low life? There are two way to do so, both cost a lot of time. And as I stated earlier, thats the right way to go. Giving whiney kids what they ask for just because they dont stop crying on the other hand isnt.

You did say the build itself was OP, so I take it your fine with them nerfing the build and then all of the sudden Shavronnes drops dramatically in value and demand right?

People who disagree with you aren't necessarily whiney, you might want to remember that.
Standard Forever
GGG must really hate life builds and solo players
"
nynyny wrote:

There will always be a handful of powerful builds that people try to copy. No matter how hard you try they will always exist. You remove Shavronnes people "Peters Chest Plate" because it enables you to have 500 more DPS than when using "Joes Chest Plate". Perfect balance is impossible to achieve in a game like this.

Actually I didn't say builds right there I said UNIQUES. I think there is a problem when a unique is so powerful and popular that it dominates the whole game and EVERYONE wants it. Its my personal opinion that it makes the game more boring and uninteresting much like the new unique Soul Taker, you going to defend that to?

I like uniques that are interesting and have downsides. Not stat sticks (glorifed rares) or uniques that are only popular because they make formally unpopular builds easy to use like Shavronnes that also have no real downside.

Preferably I would like to see a bunch of uniques along the lines of Bringer of Rain, that aren't so easily usable or incredibly powerful, then players choose from a bunch of cool uniques and not just a few that EVERYONE is using.
Standard Forever
Last edited by iamstryker on Aug 13, 2013, 11:09:26 AM
"
iamstryker wrote:
all of the sudden Shavronnes drops dramatically in value and demand right?

even with the nerf Shavronne is OP as shit so it won't happen.
IGN TylordRampage
Awesome! so many things here that should have been fixed long ago :P

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info