Some 0.11.4 Changes

Doesn't matter.
Using a macro (ALT+F4 bound to one mouse button, yeah?) is even more cheesy. Im just starting to LMAO...

Gonna tell my buddies I'm going pro and HC, just have to buy a new mouse...

BTW I formated/edited my previous post, for a TL/DR:

"
entropus wrote:
As a conclusion for the whole HC vs SC debate:
- random dangers require player to have time to relevel
- non-random dangers require player to use one skill to be instantly teleported to town and saved
IGN Kinnat (S) / Sihaam (S) / Aedhammair (S) / Ranulfr (S)
☄ 1.0.0 The Butchery of Mages Patch
Last edited by entropus on Aug 13, 2013, 10:09:33 AM
Anyone want to sell me a cheap Alpha's Howl in Anarchy before the patch? (PM me)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/344469 My Secret Stash!
Self-Proclaimed SlothFather
IGN: Asscreedfourteen
"
Knightmare101 wrote:
I love how they address the alpha howl issue now, and then say " o well we'll get to the other exploits (cough covenant cough) later".. Long live the love for shavronnes, aye? YOu nerf so many builds and NEVER touch the low life shavs build... It's really starting to become obscene GGG.. Alpha howl let people run maybe 1 more aura.. The covenant on the other hand allowed for 3! And it's not like low life spork wasn't powerful enough without the covenant.. You guys are great and all, and I enjoy playing your game, but sometimes its just like.... WTF???

Because auras arent the reason Spork and LL are strong.

LL is powerful because of the ridiculous bonus you get from RF
Spork is powerful because the totem mechanic is completely broken since it removes all the risk while giving more damage than self cast builds.
"
entropus wrote:
Doesn't matter.
Using a macro (ALT+F4 bound to one mouse button, yeah?) is even more cheesy. Im just starting to LMAO...

"
entropus wrote:
- non-random dangers require player to use one skill to be instantly teleported to town and saved

Or you could just manually logout by pressing ESC and one of the 4 buttons.

Besides, you dont seem to understand why its not "cheesy" but fair.
Last edited by nynyny on Aug 13, 2013, 10:15:09 AM
"
nynyny wrote:

How is it an accusation if you say yourself that you want the item/mechanic be
more accesible -> easier to obtain -> requires less time to invest -> less dedication needed -> you get rewarded for doing less

I know this is the current developement in games, but how can you think of that as something positive? Constantly demanding that stuff, because you apparently cant be bothered to not waste your money and spend your time efficiently, is easier for you to obtain? Thats not how life works and its not how games should work either.

You accused me of wanting balance because I don't want to spend time getting the item. Thats a BS accusation because I don't care whether I have the item or not. I think its dumb that an entire build is locked away on a single unique. Its not that the unique itself is OP, its that the unique itself is access to an OP build. Passives like Pain attunement are pointless on the skill tree for anyone who doesn't have Shavronnnes. Please link me to a dev saying that they intended for entire builds to only be accessed by players who are lucky enough or rich enough to get ONE unique.

Thats like taking CI and sticking it on one rare ring. If you don't get the ring the too bad you never get to use CI. This has nothing to do with time investment. I have played the game a LONG time already so its insulting and rude to have such lame accusations thrown at me. If all I cared about was getting the rarest crap in the game then I certainly wouldn't still be playing it because guess what? I will never have all that stuff, and I am perfectly fine with that. If I wasn't I would have quit long ago. I get enjoyment from the game in my own way but I also speak my mind on issues that I see.

Standard Forever
"
Tanakeah wrote:
I think auras in general need some fixing one way or another and as far as what is getting fixed right now...I have no issues with it. I will be a bit concerned for my build if/when the blood magic switching thing is fixed (if it isn't already in this patch as it seems only the Alpha's Howl glitch was fixed), but it's not like people shouldn't have seen this coming.

Although I have AH I never used +2 glitch, too much hassle for me and I agree, that before other "issues" will be fixed, devs should consider, why stacking auras is so important in late game.

And answer is easy. Each of my offensive auras is giving me from 500 to 1500 DPS. As I have no room to take more offensive passives (and I have about 95% defensive passives in my build) it is huge part of my DPS.

Not everybody have luck to good drops. Not everybody have possibility to spend hours to spam trade chat. Stacking auras is mechanism, which makes ppls more gear/party independent. For some, it's the only possibility to be viable in late game (understood as 76/77 lvl maps).

And the most important, aura as skill works always. Doesn't matter if you desync/freeze/your FPS drops to 5 because you invited sporker to party, it works. It is also very important aspect and one of reason I prefer to spend socket for aura instead of active skill.
Anticipation slowly dissipates...
"
iamstryker wrote:
"
nynyny wrote:

How is it an accusation if you say yourself that you want the item/mechanic be
more accesible -> easier to obtain -> requires less time to invest -> less dedication needed -> you get rewarded for doing less

I know this is the current developement in games, but how can you think of that as something positive? Constantly demanding that stuff, because you apparently cant be bothered to not waste your money and spend your time efficiently, is easier for you to obtain? Thats not how life works and its not how games should work either.

You accused me of wanting balance because I don't want to spend time getting the item. Thats a BS accusation because I don't care whether I have the item or not. I think its dumb that an entire build is locked away on a single unique. Its not that the unique itself is OP, its that the unique itself is access to an OP build. Passives like Pain attunement are pointless on the skill tree for anyone who doesn't have Shavronnnes. Please link me to a dev saying that they intended for entire builds to only be accessed by players who are lucky enough or rich enough to get ONE unique.

Thats like taking CI and sticking it on one rare ring. If you don't get the ring the too bad you never get to use CI. This has nothing to do with time investment. I have played the game a LONG time already so its insulting and rude to have such lame accusations thrown at me. If all I cared about was getting the rarest crap in the game then I certainly wouldn't still be playing it because guess what? I will never have all that stuff, and I am perfectly fine with that. If I wasn't I would have quit long ago. I get enjoyment from the game in my own way but I also speak my mind on issues that I see.

Then we simply have different opinions regarding that matter because I dont think that everything should be accessible to everybody.

People should have to show some dedication to reach specific goals and if they cant get themselves to do so they simply dont deserve getting access to the item.

LL as a mechanic is doable in non hardcore leagues, most people simply cant be bothered farming up all the gear. Invalesco for example pulled of a LL build without Shavronnes ages ago that also worked in non-standard leagues. Yes it was expensive but it shows that it was possible without having that "oh so op" robe which automatically shows that youre wrong and if you have been playing this game as long as you say you did you would be aware of the build (which btw I am pretty sure you are).

PA always was accessible without Shavronnes BUT it always cost a lot of money and that, at least in my opinion, isnt a bad thing since there has to be some stuff that is only accessible to the people who actually invest a lot of time into playing the game. Shavs simply made it "easier" to access because now you dont need a full chaos resistance set freeing up other item slots.

So in conclusions

LL was always accessible
LL did always cost a lot of money
Shavronnes didnt make it viable since it always was it just took dedication to find the right items but the required dedication didnt really decrease because instead of spending 35 exalted on Chaos Resistance gear you simply buy one piece of gear instead of 5. The amount of time you have to invest to farm up the currency stays the same.
Last edited by nynyny on Aug 13, 2013, 10:31:02 AM
"
nynyny wrote:
"
entropus wrote:
Doesn't matter.

"
entropus wrote:

Or you could just manually logout by pressing ESC and one of the 4 buttons.

Besides, you dont seem to understand why its not "cheesy" but fair.

You try to convince me that HC/ONS requires more SKILL than Standard because you:
gotta have time to relevel your char when RNG fucks you up (desynch, bug)
gotta not be dumb enough no to press ONE* button to teleport to safety

You gotta try harder man.

I simply don't agree with your post:
"
nynyny wrote:

Why would you balance around Standard? A league in which is doesnt matter what you play since being a skilled player will even make it possible for you to go full glasscanon.

Hardcore/Onslaught are the only leagues that should be balanced around because they disable a shitton of builds by default due to them actually punishing your for fucking up.

*you can map alt+F4 to one of the mouse buttons, it's not that hard...
IGN Kinnat (S) / Sihaam (S) / Aedhammair (S) / Ranulfr (S)
☄ 1.0.0 The Butchery of Mages Patch
Last edited by entropus on Aug 13, 2013, 10:34:13 AM
Thank you kripparrian for making making videos about item switching. next stop, nerf torchlight.
"
tmaciak wrote:
"
Tanakeah wrote:
I think auras in general need some fixing one way or another and as far as what is getting fixed right now...I have no issues with it. I will be a bit concerned for my build if/when the blood magic switching thing is fixed (if it isn't already in this patch as it seems only the Alpha's Howl glitch was fixed), but it's not like people shouldn't have seen this coming.

Although I have AH I never used +2 glitch, too much hassle for me and I agree, that before other "issues" will be fixed, devs should consider, why stacking auras is so important in late game.

And answer is easy. Each of my offensive auras is giving me from 500 to 1500 DPS. As I have no room to take more offensive passives (and I have about 95% defensive passives in my build) it is huge part of my DPS.

Not everybody have luck to good drops. Not everybody have possibility to spend hours to spam trade chat. Stacking auras is mechanism, which makes ppls more gear/party independent. For some, it's the only possibility to be viable in late game (understood as 76/77 lvl maps).

And the most important, aura as skill works always. Doesn't matter if you desync/freeze/your FPS drops to 5 because you invited sporker to party, it works. It is also very important aspect and one of reason I prefer to spend socket for aura instead of active skill.

At lv76-77 maps you run in full parties, not solo. Aura issue only applies to solo players.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info