Some 0.11.4 Changes

"
iamstryker wrote:
"
nynyny wrote:

Low Life builds always required you to invest huge amounts of money. Without Shavs you spend 35 Exalted on Chaos Resistance Gear, with Shavs you spend 35 Exalted on Shavs. There literally is no difference when using the indexer apart from having a little bit more work finding the gear that fits you.

They are so incredibly equal that everyone is using Shavronnes and I've seen exactly no one taking the chaos route?

"
nynyny wrote:

You want to play low life? There are two way to do so, both cost a lot of time. And as I stated earlier, thats the right way to go. Giving whiney kids what they ask for just because they dont stop crying on the other hand isnt.

You did say the build itself was OP, so I take it your fine with them nerfing the build and then all of the sudden Shavronnes drops dramatically in value and demand right?

Yes I agree that LL is overpowered, I simply am sick of people shit talking the item showing how little clue they actually have of the game mechanics because theres no other reason for them to defend LL as a mechanic and wanting Shavronnes nerfed than actually hoping to use that broken mechanic themselves as soon as the price for the item drops or an alternative is available (like a node).

The bigger problem is that nerfing either LL, RF will make Shav based self casting builds worse than CI Crit based builds, completely fucking up build diversity again and making Spork the only specc that really benifits from from using LL RF.

RF is bullshit, no doubt about that.

"
People who disagree with you aren't necessarily whiney, you might want to remember that.

The item is accessible, you dont need to pay any real money for it, its not P2W. You simply need to invest a lot of time and if you cant be bothered doing that the developer shouldnt just hand you what you demand.

That, by definition, is being whiney. Refusing to do what is neccessary to achieve something simply because you cant be bothered and and whine as long as it takes for someone to pretty much do it for you.
Last edited by nynyny on Aug 13, 2013, 11:13:33 AM
"
nynyny wrote:

The item is accessible, you dont need to pay any real money for it, its not P2W. You simply need to invest a lot of time and if you cant be bothered doing that the developer shouldnt just hand you want you demand.

That, by definition, is being whiney. Refusing to do what is neccessary to achieve something simply because you cant be bothered and and whine as long as it takes for someone to pretty much do it for you.

You honestly don't think that I can have the opinion that builds themselves should be balanced AND accessible WITHOUT whining about it?

Believe it or not I don't care if I EVER make a low life build. This is just part of my philosophy of the game itself. I disagree with the direction that item in particular is taking.

You guys can gloat about your mirrors and rare crap and circle jerk about it all day long I don't care at all.

I'm done talking about this for now, we can agree to disagree and we can both agree that the build should at least be balanced. Have a nice day.
Standard Forever
Last edited by iamstryker on Aug 13, 2013, 11:17:20 AM
"
nynyny wrote:
"
Ryouko wrote:

THIS! i hate these guys who think hardcore is the only and best way to go.... and im even playing hardcore myself...

Why would you balance around Standard? A league in which is doesnt matter what you play since being a skilled player will even make it possible for you to go full glasscanon.

You should read in the forums more often. GGG said more than once that they ONLY balance things about standard.
"Yes, it is perfectly fair. It just sucks ass."
posted by Thaelyn on 12. August 2013 17:33
you gotta love the RMT geared exploiters crying,good change Chris
"
AusterlitZ wrote:

RMTers don't care because they'll just buy another set of gear and regrets like 30 minutes after the patch.
Can't wait for Elder Scrolls Online :)
"
Bobo337 wrote:
"
AusterlitZ wrote:

RMTers don't care because they'll just buy another set of gear and regrets like 30 minutes after the patch.

lol not everyone is charan
"
666tnt666 wrote:
"
nynyny wrote:
"
Ryouko wrote:

THIS! i hate these guys who think hardcore is the only and best way to go.... and im even playing hardcore myself...

Why would you balance around Standard? A league in which is doesnt matter what you play since being a skilled player will even make it possible for you to go full glasscanon.

You should read in the forums more often. GGG said more than once that they ONLY balance things about standard.

Who the hell cares what they say if I disagree with that?

Besides, theres no way in hell that I can take them seriously anymore after all the stuff they changed since OB started. There were so many things that they saw as part of the game, as core of the game, loot tension above anything, that they simply got rid of once enough people started whining. They abandoned so many of their ideals in less than a year that I wouldnt be surprised if this game soon turns out to be Diablo 3 with a different set of graphics.

"
iamstryker wrote:
"
nynyny wrote:

The item is accessible, you dont need to pay any real money for it, its not P2W. You simply need to invest a lot of time and if you cant be bothered doing that the developer shouldnt just hand you want you demand.

You honestly don't think that I can have the opinion that builds themselves should be balanced AND accessible WITHOUT whining about it?

Believe it or not I don't care if I EVER make a low life build. This is just part of my philosophy of the game itself. I disagree with the direction that item in particular is taking.

You guys can gloat about your mirrors and rare crap and circle jerk about it all day long I don't care at all.

I'm done talking about this for now, we can agree to disagree and we can both agree that the build should at least be balanced. Have a nice day.

Sure you can have that opinion but in my mind it will always be whining.

Maybe because I am a person who actually thinks that making people work for what they want is a good thing, its part of life and should be part of gaming. Its the wrong approach to hand out free stuff and making everything easier because people cant be bothered investing effort.

Looking at the current developement I guess gaming simply isnt for me anymore because its a common thing to happen in a lot of games.

If LLRF builds would have the same power as CI Crit builds (both are pretty close btw) what would be the point in playing LLRF? You would invest more money for the exact same, doesnt really make sense does it? The problem is that most people cant differ between LLRF and Spork. One isnt the other, and most LLRF builds get an advantage from not playing CI Crit, but its not as big as the one Spork gets. And thats a major problem because the slightest change will completely devalue Shavs for selfcasting builds and just push more and more people towards Dual Totem Speccs (a broken mechanic).

"
AusterlitZ wrote:

Just because you suck at the game and try to maze 68 maps that doesnt mean that people who actually gathered wealth are RMTing.
Last edited by nynyny on Aug 13, 2013, 11:37:20 AM
nice patch agin but before anything else pls fix fps drops in partys and desync
Maybe someone said this earlier, but I don't have time to read 40 pages.

Alpha Howl was only partially "fixed". The "+2 to aura gems" part will no longer be exploitable after the patch. Many people probably didn't even know about this and it was expensive to take advantage of that exploit, because you had to craft items with sets of colours often very difficult to get. But the "8% reduced mana reserved" will still be usable. It's even arguable if this part is an exploit, although the developers have said they're planning to change it in the future. If this part is ever getting "fixed", it will be together with The Covenant and Malachai's Simula.

Flask effects no longer being buffs means significantly less armour with Granite Flasks of Iron Skin and Inner Force, right?
Last edited by Endrju82 on Aug 13, 2013, 11:44:21 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info