Preview of new chat interface and Plate Vest art

Great update, and i guess we finally get to use these :D

twitch.tv/enki91
No Discharge nerf...
No Malachai/Covenant nerf...
No low/high lv. gem swapping nerf

Hm, what are you guys doing at the office...apart from designing new art..
IGNs: [TempCI, Flamin, - Std] / [EK_Tanker - HC]
[Comstark, ShavronnesMistress - Anarchy] [MontreGulsTITANS, - Dom / CLHS_Tank - Nemesis]
[Atziri_Achiever - Ambush] / [ArcerONaRampage - Rampage]
It would be cool if you guys could maybe make trade channels specifically designed for Armour or weapons and so on. What ya think?
"
boof wrote:
It looks good but I really liked the fact the lowest level items looked like shit, all ratty and beat up. That plate vest frankly looks pretty badass. You have to leave room for the badass factor to progress!

kinda agree looks way too good for a starter item
recipe-only unique is a fail idea

here we go - profiteers dream game.

GGG you are fueling the RMT with such decisions. introducing bullshit items (sharvones, kaoms, lineyes, auxium.. list goes on) and creating knowledge-deprived economy.

you can try to ban bots (i report them to you from time to time) but you cant stop forum-trading done with real money or other money-equivalents.

such items will make trading even more powerful and playing the game even less meaningful

im waiting with my donation (a hefty one) until i see that you - GGG - are making PLAYING the game more important than TRADING in this game. because if you want to make this game a trading one you'll fail because d3 does it better. it is your game but ill wait before dropping my donation because i wanted to have an ARPG game to play, not trading simulator (if anyone want to say 'but you dont HAVE to trade' - go away hypocrite)

gameplay and not the pay2win action was a selling point of PoE. funny because now if you want to have the most powerful character you have to farm noobs and repeatedly do 'ill buy your q5 gems for 1alch' and then 'selling q5 gems for 1chaos'. this is the most profitable thing to do currently in this game. playing is not profitable at all.

so when is the shavrone/lioneyes/soultaker/auxium nerf coming? youve dropped a ball on these - just man up and fix them
"
sidtherat wrote:

GGG you are fueling the RMT with such decisions. introducing bullshit items (sharvones, kaoms, lineyes, auxium.. list goes on) and creating knowledge-deprived economy.

you can try to ban bots (i report them to you from time to time) but you cant stop forum-trading done with real money or other money-equivalents.

such items will make trading even more powerful and playing the game even less meaningful

im waiting with my donation (a hefty one) until i see that you - GGG - are making PLAYING the game more important than TRADING in this game. because if you want to make this game a trading one you'll fail because d3 does it better. it is your game but ill wait before dropping my donation because i wanted to have an ARPG game to play, not trading simulator (if anyone want to say 'but you dont HAVE to trade' - go away hypocrite)

gameplay and not the pay2win action was a selling point of PoE. funny because now if you want to have the most powerful character you have to farm noobs and repeatedly do 'ill buy your q5 gems for 1alch' and then 'selling q5 gems for 1chaos'. this is the most profitable thing to do currently in this game. playing is not profitable at all.

so when is the shavrone/lioneyes/soultaker/auxium nerf coming? youve dropped a ball on these - just man up and fix them

I disagree. Trading is an essential part of ARPG's.
Danskere: PM mig, hvis I har brug for en guild.
"
ongZ wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:

I disagree. Trading is an essential part of ARPG's.

It really is. If you want to play a game just for the sake of actually playing it... play a single player game, or a first person shooter. There are countless single player games you can play beating one then playing another. Or play a game like league of legends... the list goes on.

A game like this that involves playing the same material over and over is always going to be about trading and acquiring wealth through whatever means and making your character more powerful.

I am in no way putting down ARPG games like this, I played D1, D2, D3, and I love playing them... but you have to accept them for what they are.
Last edited by PhreEkGarden on Jul 30, 2013, 1:09:21 PM
essential PART of this game. currently if one want to experience all this game has to offer (not mentioning any form of ladder competition) you HAVE to trade and do it EXCLUSIVELY instead of playing. playing is fun - all right - but sorry, if you want to get to lvl73+ maps you HAVE to trade (and before anyone says that i do not have to get to endgame - go away)

4 hours of trading will bring you more wealth than 4 days of grinding. this is current state of this game. you cannot augment this with crafting due to absolutely extraoridinarily bullshit drop rates. so 'wtb q5+ gems for 1alch' 'wts Clarity Q5 1chaos' all day. and what is hillarious - it WORKS compared to playing and crafting. go figure how bullshit this situation is.

it sickens me. and isnt good for PoE because D3 is better at trading than PoE and you can have more bucks 'legaly' playing along the rules.

if ggg decides they want to continue doing so - fair enough. it is their money, their life savings and their company that they want to build on whim of 50 hardcore noob-scammers. i bet that wont be enough to cover server expenses. these leeches will then go to another game leaving PoE ruined.

and ill continue looking for GAMES (not stock market simulators) on kickstarter
fun fact:

i was able to bring my 2 d3 characters to mp10 farm capability with SELF FOUND gear. it took me some time (had a surgery so had plenty during the convalescence) but i never once thought to myself 'i have 1:9000000 chance to drop an item that will allow me progress more'. upgrades - insignificant and rare - were frequent enough.

it is IMPOSSIBLE to do the same in PoE (beating a Shipyard map with 100%+Q i consider ending this game). you are lucky and you drop shavs or better yet - 5L shavs because linking is also pain in the ass - or you stay at low Q maps and eventualy create next character feeling that game deliberately told you to shove of

will i ever consider telling my gaming friends (and there are some 30+ gamers) to try poe if this does not change? no. because none of them is into RMT/trading/noob-scamming
I don't really care about D3.. The trading in this game is a lot like that of D2 - and I love that.
Danskere: PM mig, hvis I har brug for en guild.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info