Preview of new chat interface and Plate Vest art

No thanks. Nothing wrong with WTB and WTS (or WTT for that matter :). Will just be to many windows you have to stear at.
"
for the chat you could do it like lineage 2. It was a normal chat and a combat chat on top of it (but there were a lot of options to let players decide everything they wanted to show on both chat)

write "lineage 2 chat" on google to see examples (in the images section)

you could replace the top combat chat with the trade channel and an option to hide it and keep the global only.

Not strictly on topic, but what I would do for some combat logs...!

I really love these quality of life changes though. I don't get why anyone would ever complain about them. People need to think before they say things like "why are you working on X, you should be fixing Y!"

Game development doesn't work like that really. Yeah, some things get put off sometimes for other things, but the big stuff is constantly being worked on and changes like these do not take resources away from those larger issues.

Anyway, I think PoE has a LONG way to go in the quality of life department and this is just another step there, just like the recent life bars (which I loved).
|____________ G . L . O . W . Y . R . M ____________|
< My PoE career highlight, Being beat by Throzz, hehe >
||||||\\\\\~ http://tinyurl.com/2ndPlaceToThrozz ~/////||||||

Last edited by Glowyrm on Jul 31, 2013, 10:45:19 AM
"
Glowyrm wrote:
Anyway, I think PoE has a LONG way to go in the quality of life department and this is just another step there, just like the recent life bars (which I loved).

Agreed. Having shipped 7 professional games and as an UI & UX Expert sadly most game devs don't understand good UI. :-( At least GGG is _slowly_ working on in.

I.e. Bolding only the numbers in the mouse-over pop-up item description, adding the "Tier #" to the currency so new players can easily tell what the low-mid-high currency items, resizable windows, moveable windows, placing all the currency items sorted along the right edge of the vendor trading dialog, etc. are all things of polish that are constantly overlooked.

Considering their past progress GGG will eventually get to it in a few years once they are done with all the major stuff. Sadly UI is always delegated as low priority even though it is the first thing that gamers interact with.

Last edited by Michaelangel007 on Jul 31, 2013, 6:16:31 PM
The art department should get a raise or at least be let out of the cellar looking forward to the day when weapons look as great as the helms.

Good work

small P.S change evasion lol sorry had to.
"Blue warrior shot the food"
nooooo
Spoiler

its glorious :(
GORLAK SMASH WORDS!!
--------------------
The Greatest Plate Vest Of All Time! http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/293910
So store. so item. http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/136100
The new chat interface works great, but i like to turn off Trade chat when I'm in combat and when I return to town and turn on chat, it's rarely the same Channel. It could be cool if you could hold on to one Trade Channel regardsless of whether you turn it on or off .. Chris?:-)
IGN: Caydranth

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info