Critters and the upcoming Arctic Weapon Effect

"
"
Wittgenstein wrote:
STOP LETTING ME PLAY YOUR GAME FOR FREE GGG! I mean seriously, wtf, you release this game for free and let me play it and then offer me optional cosmetic items in order to support you and I'm... what.. supposed to BUY things?! YOU HAVEN'T FIXED THE ISSUE I THINK IS THE MOST IMPORTANT ISSUE YET!!!

To show you my anger I will continue to play your awesome game for free and not buy anything but I will hijack every patch announcement so that I can tell you how YOU HAVEN'T FIXED THE ISSUE MOST IMPORTANT TO ME YET! And I know I know.. you need money to keep afloat and fix these issues that are quite complex and that you've been making steady improvements on for the past 3 years but WHATEVER MAN - I'm so over it!

OH AND WHEN YOU do fix an issue I will be SURE TO TELL YOU HOW YOU DID IT WRONG!

I'm not joking or trolling when I say this. Your post is literally the reason this game will never be remotely as successful as it could be. This kind of disgustingly ignorant fanboyism, the kind that is anti gamer and anti consumer, is the kind of garbage that kills F2P games.

PS. Desync has been getting consistently worse over time, not better.

I have played the game for 3 years, desync has gotten WAY better. It isn't "disgustingly ignorant fanboyism" it's recognition that a small team of new developers are working as hard as they can to fix a game while at the same time trying to introduce enough new content and microtransactions to keep their playerbase interested and to keep their studio afloat. The fact that a certain percentage of their playerbase cannot recognize this fact and has to respond to EVERY PATCH THEY PUT IN with the same complaints - is annoying as shit.

Lets turn the page back a year and a half, know what people were complaining about then? A lack of content, know what every patch received? WHERE IS ACT 3?! WHY AREN'T THERE MORE SIDE AREAS!

I am not giving GGG a pass, or saying that they shouldn't fix the issues that are in the game, but I see no reason to come off like an entitled ass and yell at a group of people who are letting you play a game for free while they work on improving it. If the game is so broken that it ruins your experience, don't play it and come back later, but don't post this steaming pile of negative crap on every thread.
"the premier Action RPG for hardcore gamers."
-GGG

Happy hunting/fishing
"
Vakirauta wrote:
"
Wittgenstein wrote:
STOP LETTING ME PLAY YOUR GAME FOR FREE GGG! I mean seriously, wtf, you release this game for free and let me play it and then offer me optional cosmetic items in order to support you and I'm... what.. supposed to BUY things?! YOU HAVEN'T FIXED THE ISSUE I THINK IS THE MOST IMPORTANT ISSUE YET!!!

To show you my anger I will continue to play your awesome game for free and not buy anything but I will hijack every patch announcement so that I can tell you how YOU HAVEN'T FIXED THE ISSUE MOST IMPORTANT TO ME YET! And I know I know.. you need money to keep afloat and fix these issues that are quite complex and that you've been making steady improvements on for the past 3 years but WHATEVER MAN - I'm so over it!
To show you my respect and support, I will continue to test this game in beta, and I will
OH AND WHEN YOU do fix an issue I will be SURE TO TELL YOU HOW YOU DID IT WRONG!

STOP LETTING PEOPLE USE THE GAME BEING IN F2P METHOD AS AN ARGUMENT FOR WEAK PATCHES, GGG! I mean seriously, wtf, you release this game for free, incomplete, let me test it and then ask me for feedback and when I try to let you know of the things that are broken in the game, your fanboys JUST JUMP AT ME WITH STUPID ARGUMENTS!!!

not be buying anything anymore because a game in beta does not deserve more but I'll always let you know of the broken parts of the game THAT SCREWS EVERY PLAYER OVER because YOU SEEM TO NEVER WORK ON IT. And I know, I know.. you need money to add more micro-t effects and more visual stuff, and to pay for your CHEAP SERVERS.

OH AND WHEN YOU do fix the issues I will be VERY HAPPY TO SUPPORT THE "FINISHED" GAME.

Kind Regards,
Vakirauta

Dear god... obviously sarcasm is lost on you. Not every patch is going to fix serious issues, you do understand that right? And you'll have jack shit to "test" - yes I am sure you're "Testing" quite a bit - if the game can't keep going because of people expecting AAA quality from a small indie team.

I am not saying you can't tell them what is wrong with the game, but hijacking every new patch post with "wtf what about desync?!" is just as valid as saying "Wtf what about pants?!" People KNOW desync is an issue, GGG knows it is an issue, they put a massive wall of text up about what the issue is and the difficulties in fixing it, and yet people still expect weekly updates on the issue. It's absurd.

ps. desync has gotten a lot better, I've played the game for 3 years, when I first started playing you literally would be warped around the map every three seconds and had to spam the 'minus' key in order to resync with the client. Is it perfect now? Far from it - obviously, but again it's also obvious that everyone and their mother knows its an issue, so to use it as your drum to beat the "I'LL PLAY YOUR GAME BUT NOT GIVE YOU A DIME" tune over and over, is just ridiculous. If I let you read my unfinished book and asked for a small donation so that I could complete it, it makes no sense for you to use the fact that it's unfinished to not support me - if you don't want to support me say it's because you do not like the work I have put in thus far, at least that makes sense, but to knowingly try a product you understand to be unfinished and flawed and then to get angry about it being unfinished and flawed is purely idiotic.
-GGG

Happy hunting/fishing
Last edited by Wittgenstein on Jul 30, 2013, 8:05:14 AM
"
Wittgenstein wrote:
"
"
Wittgenstein wrote:

I'm not joking or trolling when I say this. Your post is literally the reason this game will never be remotely as successful as it could be. This kind of disgustingly ignorant fanboyism, the kind that is anti gamer and anti consumer, is the kind of garbage that kills F2P games.

PS. Desync has been getting consistently worse over time, not better.

I have played the game for 3 years, desync has gotten WAY better. It isn't "disgustingly ignorant fanboyism" it's recognition that a small team of new developers are working as hard as they can to fix a game while at the same time trying to introduce enough new content and microtransactions to keep their playerbase interested and to keep their studio afloat. The fact that a certain percentage of their playerbase cannot recognize this fact and has to respond to EVERY PATCH THEY PUT IN with the same complaints - is annoying as shit.

Lets turn the page back a year and a half, know what people were complaining about then? A lack of content, know what every patch received? WHERE IS ACT 3?! WHY AREN'T THERE MORE SIDE AREAS!

I am not giving GGG a pass, or saying that they shouldn't fix the issues that are in the game, but I see no reason to come off like an entitled ass and yell at a group of people who are letting you play a game for free while they work on improving it. If the game is so broken that it ruins your experience, don't play it and come back later, but don't post this steaming pile of negative crap on every thread.

QFT <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

3=====D<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
"
Russell wrote:
"
Alysma wrote:
An arctic effect would be an instant must-have for my cold damage shadow but I would like it a lot better if it had blue hues in it and some ice/snow particles. I.e. if it wouldn't be so rounded and swirly but with spiky things and/or snowflakes. It would also better match the Ice Crown. :-) Right now my association would not be "cold" but "bridal". ;-)

I tried snow flakes and stuff but you couldn't see them from far away. They just looked like weird buzzing blobs. So I went with a windy blizzard look. I could have giant snow flakes but then ited be Christmasy :P . So Would work better as a seasonal effect rather than a cold effect. I wish I could emit 3d ice crystals but currently don't have the tech to emit 3d mesh's yet. Im sure we could do extra variations of ice weapon effects in the future if more ask for a specific thing.

I personally thought it felt pretty "arctic" though. When I imagine what arctic would be. I think of fast blowing insta kill critting freezing winds :P.

I see :-D For me, it would still look a lot "colder" with some blue in it, though. Anyway, Christmas effects sound kinda nice, too... So how about a sprouting mistletoe effect like the Verdant one or a snowball skin for Etheral Knifes? ;-D :-)
Snow Ball skin for Etheral Knifes...

Thats pretty awesome.
I like all the fluffy animals[img]http://i.imgur.com/mO8dR.png[\img]
y im slept?
"
Russell wrote:
Snow Ball skin for Etheral Knifes...

Thats pretty awesome.

yea that would be cool, so far the microstransactions have been pretty onesided really. Hope this doesn't continue and stuff becomes a little more creative
Still waiting for butterfly cleave :)
Its because we are trying to keep away from wacky micro transactions. With seasonal things we can go kind of silly. Rainbows and unicorns are taking it a little too far though.

Also techs kind of limiting me on this too. Im pretty limited.
I like all the fluffy animals[img]http://i.imgur.com/mO8dR.png[\img]
y im slept?
"
Russell wrote:
Its because we are trying to keep away from wacky micro transactions. With seasonal things we can go kind of silly. Rainbows and unicorns are taking it a little too far though.

what ever happened to the bear claw bear trap?
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
"
Russell wrote:

what ever happened to the bear claw bear trap?

How about a trap that spawns bears?
-GGG

Happy hunting/fishing
awesome! :D are you guys going to add a flame weapon affect as well?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info