Critters and the upcoming Arctic Weapon Effect

For the lova GOD please add at least add a little bit more endgame gear / content frequently. I've only been playing a month and I'm already getting to the point were i'm almost "done".

I'm not one that enjoys going through the same content over and over just in a different "mode" or making 20 alts.
Those that have none of the supporter names have no right to complain, as for a free game you have no right to do. Wtf is with hire a new programmer? Show me another game that is updated as frequently as PoE? Those who have a supporter pack and still complain that the new effect is too shiny O.O it rivals mine: who the fuck gives a shit about the shininess of a weapon effect that you got in a package? It is a SUPPORTER pack, thus you are paying to help the devs who are making a fucking awesome game for free, and not to satisfy your snobbishness.
IGN: Vensun
"
TroySpiral wrote:
For the lova GOD please add at least add a little bit more endgame gear / content frequently. I've only been playing a month and I'm already getting to the point were i'm almost "done".

I'm not one that enjoys going through the same content over and over just in a different "mode" or making 20 alts.

yeah i know that is wasn't in the last patch, so kind of 2-3 weeks old, but Auxium, soul taker and deaths oath seems pretty endgame. And how many level 76 maps have you done? have you reached lvl 100?
IGN: Vensun
Last edited by Vensun on Jul 29, 2013, 5:12:02 PM
"
Darkfyre wrote:
meh

fix the desync and i'll buy your weapon effects and stuff again

same here im not buying anything unless i see improvements in the game
"
samirmok wrote:
"The new critters are all based on small versions of player pets."

Can we have black cats in The Docks? :D

great idea !
"
Sammael wrote:
"
Darkfyre wrote:
meh

fix the desync and i'll buy your weapon effects and stuff again

same here im not buying anything unless i see improvements in the game

It's a bit of a catch-22, isn't it? The studio cannot continue to pay staff to work on problems if people don't spend something in the shop, and there are those (albeit understandably) who don't want to spend anything unless a certain level of improvement is met.

I think one has to draw the line on where the game is considered developed enough to begin supporting it. Frankly, I probably wouldn't have supported it during the really early days of development (like in the developer's video put up a couple weeks back), but as of OB, I think it's certainly worth some financial support if you can afford it. And I'm not adverse to supporting it further, that's for sure.
Why not add an option to turn on the old nicer aura effects in options menu?

Somethink like "Eye Candy Auras" or "High Quality Aura Effects" ON/OFF.
"
"
Ludak021 wrote:
They can get them in India or China for 500$/month. Even less, depending on the work they need done. US/EU jobs are overpayed.
I mean, there are a lot of supporter packs sold, I am not aware of any new coders in their team. I might just be misinformed.

What? Have you ever seen most outsourced code? It's an absolute crapshoot in terms of quality. I thought people wanted fewer bugs and less desync :\

thats prejudice. I have friends working this way, no bad code is done. You dont understand, 300-500$ month is as much as a 4000$ to usa coder. We share same intelligence and function, and given the end goal results are the same. It's just that usa codder costs 80K+ a year and 3rd world one (those are people that you hire security against bcs they are better than you) is 100x cheaper. iPhone is made in china and korea for 20-30$ and sold to you for 200+ $.

I will bet you 100$ or a 6L armour (that i have) that 2 people from china or india working on the code can solve desync and fps issues in a month!
yea, the basis for this limited at best. We are currently enjoying the "pride".

edit:

I will add this: If you hire , outsource, with a specific goal, you will get what you want bcs you will be hiring from sites that deal with that and feedback is important. U usa guys are actually the worst. You do least for the money payed. Yet you are so quick and arrogant to judge.
"Path of Exile be a online Action RPG set up in tha dark fantasy ghetto of Wraeclast. Well shiiiit..."
- Uzicorn, for teh children.
Last edited by Ludak021 on Jul 29, 2013, 8:39:47 PM
Nice, I look forward to seeing the new critters running around Wraeclast! Especially black cats here and there lol.

I also am growing tired of the endless whiners on the forums. I miss the forums from closed beta badly and really wish I would have gotten more involved and talked with the other cb players. Anytime GGG releases a patch now you can count on "But is desync fixed?", "Are solo drops fixed?", "Why are you working on mtx instead of fixing xyz?".

To these players I say "F*ck off and eat Vaal's di*k, go play D3". Going forward I'm pretty sure I'm only reading developer posts as most of the others are not worth the time it takes to read. And if my comments offend you, good, clearly you are who I'm talking to.
STOP LETTING ME PLAY YOUR GAME FOR FREE GGG! I mean seriously, wtf, you release this game for free and let me play it and then offer me optional cosmetic items in order to support you and I'm... what.. supposed to BUY things?! YOU HAVEN'T FIXED THE ISSUE I THINK IS THE MOST IMPORTANT ISSUE YET!!!

To show you my anger I will continue to play your awesome game for free and not buy anything but I will hijack every patch announcement so that I can tell you how YOU HAVEN'T FIXED THE ISSUE MOST IMPORTANT TO ME YET! And I know I know.. you need money to keep afloat and fix these issues that are quite complex and that you've been making steady improvements on for the past 3 years but WHATEVER MAN - I'm so over it!

OH AND WHEN YOU do fix an issue I will be SURE TO TELL YOU HOW YOU DID IT WRONG!

"the premier Action RPG for hardcore gamers."
-GGG

Happy hunting/fishing
Last edited by Wittgenstein on Jul 29, 2013, 9:00:44 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info