[2.0]Rathik's NEWBIE FRIENDLY FUN&CHEAP FARMER, DPS Summoner. High AOE DMG, SURVIVAL."The Matriarch"

"
Now with the added culling strike setup info, I have... so much work to do with my build, lol.

Yea, sorry about that.
I kinda wanted to get a 6L first to try the different setup not just in theory.
It took me 3 hours to write that section heh.

I hope is readable.
IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]Non legacy Mjölner. Uber down. -thread/1474288
[2.0]Shatter Chuck Lite COC -thread/1324981
[2.0]SRS Magic Find Culler. Uber capable. /w budged build -thread/1406603
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
I gave matt's Vita/EB summoner witch a shot and it was quite a bit of fun and very effective. I wanted to give ES/CI a shot and I'm basically following your build, but I'm a little puzzled about your placement of nodes? You took the ES/Eva nodes to the right in the tree and skipped the ES nodes below the Witch's starting area. I used a calculator and added up the %ES nodes from below the Witch's starting area versus the ones you chose to take on the right side, above the Shadow's starting area, and you get about 20% more total ES, rather than the additional Evasion. Does the %Eva really benefit your build, despite the fact that Dexterity no longer boosts it? Are you wearing Eva/ES gear currently?

This is what I would imagine you would want the build to look like if you were going for more total ES:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBVysHY3NTa9t9GOyK5oERULvWO-Hi96cri3ptGcHzoqN_xsHFLL-GrhXX14ZWY-wYw22CHkwtF1AA_XRVfM7r5F8qFLA6MDlSvDdObVgHrJj315uhSOfQ0I9GpwidrhpspqyIQJAzuJMMfRB_xp7kIh0U-tJmnnFNms9DY7cxWPWdxClP7Dg62E3YjHbr7hzcKPqCx9P7qH1akWqskye_l8k98h7ZCyqY-oDMvIVgqsQQl0QETbmePIFvhEg8jgFvV8k0CjdmLKam6zeD6roRlg5I44SIa7b3mZrrY3WK1AURLw==

(Note that the total amount of points taken still adds up to 113 total, which is the same as what your linked build takes)
Still in the alpha stage, but at least build diversity isn't an issue: https://wolcengame.com/home/
"
JNF wrote:
I gave matt's Vita/EB summoner witch a shot and it was quite a bit of fun and very effective. I wanted to give ES/CI a shot and I'm basically following your build, but I'm a little puzzled about your placement of nodes? You took the ES/Eva nodes to the right in the tree and skipped the ES nodes below the Witch's starting area. I used a calculator and added up the %ES nodes from below the Witch's starting area versus the ones you chose to take on the right side, above the Shadow's starting area, and you get about 20% more total ES, rather than the additional Evasion. Does the %Eva really benefit your build, despite the fact that Dexterity no longer boosts it? Are you wearing Eva/ES gear currently?

This is what I would imagine you would want the build to look like if you were going for more total ES:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBVysHY3NTa9t9GOyK5oERULvWO-Hi96cri3ptGcHzoqN_xsHFLL-GrhXX14ZWY-wYw22CHkwtF1AA_XRVfM7r5F8qFLA6MDlSvDdObVgHrJj315uhSOfQ0I9GpwidrhpspqyIQJAzuJMMfRB_xp7kIh0U-tJmnnFNms9DY7cxWPWdxClP7Dg62E3YjHbr7hzcKPqCx9P7qH1akWqskye_l8k98h7ZCyqY-oDMvIVgqsQQl0QETbmePIFvhEg8jgFvV8k0CjdmLKam6zeD6roRlg5I44SIa7b3mZrrY3WK1AURLw==

(Note that the total amount of points taken still adds up to 113 total, which is the same as what your linked build takes)

Its a trade off of 10 skill points between

60% ES

vs

30 intellect (6%ES + 15 mana)
30 dexterity
32%ES
36% evasion
8%all res
10% ES cool down recovery
4% movement speed
3% cast speed
3% attack speed

And yes, its 22% less ES, and yes evasion is pretty much irrelevant all though I do have 10% chance to evade.
I was under the impression that you need to take Iron reflexes for DEX not have effect.
Maybe I am wrong.

Which looks more appealing to you?
To me is the second part :).

What level are you at moment?

IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
Last edited by Rathik2 on Aug 17, 2013, 11:58:26 PM
"
Rathik2 wrote:
"
JNF wrote:

Its a trade off of 10 skill points between

60% ES

vs

30 intellect (6%ES + 15 mana)
30 dexterity
32%ES
36% evasion
8%all res
10% ES cool down recovery
4% movement speed
3% cast speed
3% attack speed

And yes, its 22% less ES, and yes evasion is pretty much irrelevant all though I do have 10% chance to evade.
I was under the impression that you need to take Iron reflexes for DEX not have effect.
Maybe I am wrong.

Which looks more appealing to you?
To me is the second part :).

What level are you at moment?

Well, as of this particular summoner, I'm at 38, but I'm not really grinding it out as enthusiastically as I have on my past characters (I have made 4 summoners that are all high 70s or low 80s, on top of about a half dozen other random characters that are about 70-80), but I'll likely be 80+ within the next few days. I did notice the 8% all res and ES cool down recovery shortly after I made that post, and I could see where that might be appealing, but how is attack speed of any benefit? The movement speed is debatable, but I'm wondering if 22% ES wouldn't translate to a really significant number? Maybe 1k+ less ES, which considering how hard some map bosses hit, that might be preferable? I guess I'll be the guinea pig and use the build that I linked. Another reason I'm thinking of going that route is because I'm going to have a go at 6 linking my Queen's Decree (going to use it with skeletons) and use my 5 linked chest for my zombies. I used about 100 Jeweller's and got it to 6 sockets, but I've only managed 4 links so far:

Thinking of trying something crazy in it, such as skeletons + increased burning damage + chance to ignite + elemental prolif + fire penetration + increased aoe, if I can manage to 6 link it.
Still in the alpha stage, but at least build diversity isn't an issue: https://wolcengame.com/home/
Last edited by JNF on Aug 18, 2013, 1:49:31 AM
"
JNF wrote:

Well, as of this particular summoner, I'm at 38, but I'm not really grinding it out as enthusiastically as I have on my past characters (I have made 4 summoners that are all high 70s or low 80s, on top of about a half dozen other random characters that are about 70-80), but I'll likely be 80+ within the next few days. I did notice the 8% all res and ES cool down recovery shortly after I made that post, and I could see where that might be appealing, but how is attack speed of any benefit? The movement speed is debatable, but I'm wondering if 22% ES wouldn't translate to a really significant number? Maybe 1k+ less ES, which considering how hard some map bosses hit, that might be preferable? I guess I'll be the guinea pig and use the build that I linked. Another reason I'm thinking of going that route is because I'm going to have a go at 6 linking my Queen's Decree (going to use it with skeletons) and use my 5 linked chest for my zombies. I used about 100 Jeweller's and got it to 6 sockets, but I've only managed 4 links so far:

Thinking of trying something crazy in it, such as skeletons + increased burning damage + chance to ignite + elemental prolif + fire penetration + increased aoe, if I can manage to 6 link it.

Well, the attack speed comes in a node along with the cast speed and 20 dex, so it is a 3 for 1.

Personally, the shadow tree part of the build is the only thing I'm really going to differ on with my summoner.

Also, considering that sword is a dex hybrid, I imagine it will take a lot of chromes to NOT roll at least one green socket in addition to the ones you want.
Last edited by GoatEatingToilet on Aug 18, 2013, 2:00:15 AM
"
"
JNF wrote:

Well, the attack speed comes in a node along with the cast speed and 20 dex, so it is a 3 for 1.

Personally, the shadow tree part of the build is the only thing I'm really going to differ on with my summoner.

Also, considering that sword is a dex hybrid, I imagine it will take a lot of chromes to NOT roll at least one green socket in addition to the ones you want.

Yeah, I already burned through about 60 chromatics just to get those colors. ^>^ I'm in no rush though, as I'll be using fusing that I'll be gathering in the mean time for more links, so naturally I will gather a ton of chromatic orbs by the time I gather enough fusing orbs to throw at it again (I won't bother using fusing until I get at least 100+ gathered).
"

Thinking of trying something crazy in it, such as skeletons + increased burning damage + chance to ignite + elemental prolif + fire penetration + increased aoe, if I can manage to 6 link it.[

Right, I think you are talking about completely different builds.

It seems to me that you haven't read the guide, you just took a pick at the very high level skill allocation.
I really do not want to start a debate of zombies vs skeletons or gem choices.

And just by mentioning that sword, clearly shows you are not following this guide and you have a different build in mind :).
IGN Riokar | My guides
"
Rathik2 wrote:
"

Thinking of trying something crazy in it, such as skeletons + increased burning damage + chance to ignite + elemental prolif + fire penetration + increased aoe, if I can manage to 6 link it.[

It seems to me that you haven't read the guide, you just took a pick at the very high level skill allocation.

And just by mentioning that sword, clearly shows you are not following this guide and you have a different build in mind :).

Actually, I read your guide over fairly thoroughly. Congratulations on your level of ignorance. It is truly astounding.
I wouldn't even consider using that 2h sword. You lose the shield slot which is vital for defensive stats. Summons are snapshots take advantage of that.

Use

On switch.

My zombies goes from 13k->18k hp

Spectre also gains a ton (but no tool tip)

than switch back to your defensive gear setup.

*weapon is b/c it has high atk spd and I travel using leapslam.
Necronomicon: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1617098
Build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/409940
Summoner Dischord: https://discord.gg/XwWdSUa
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/zhoukon
"
JNF wrote:
"
Rathik2 wrote:
"

Actually, I read your guide over fairly thoroughly. Congratulations on your level of ignorance. It is truly astounding.

Yea, I am ignorant. With that sword I am sure you can run higher IIR/IIQ and be able to land culling strikes very easy with your skeletons while keeping max res and high ES.
IGN Riokar | My guides
Last edited by Rathik2 on Aug 18, 2013, 11:03:46 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info