[2.0]Rathik's NEWBIE FRIENDLY FUN&CHEAP FARMER, DPS Summoner. High AOE DMG, SURVIVAL."The Matriarch"

Hey guys:

I am using this build and doing some low level maps, need advices on what to upgrade to get better kill speed and IIQ/IIR:

Here are my gears:
Spoiler

With enfeeble and temporal curses most of the time i am safe. What should i do to kill faster?

Thanks in advance, happy hunting guys :)
IF you want to kill at super sonic speeds. You have to take advantage of the degen aura spectres.

take a look at my setup here:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/409940
Necronomicon: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1617098
Build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/409940
Summoner Dischord: https://discord.gg/XwWdSUa
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/zhoukon
Last edited by mattc3303 on Aug 18, 2013, 1:38:38 PM
"
Saerah wrote:
Hey guys:

I am using this build and doing some low level maps, need advices on what to upgrade to get better kill speed and IIQ/IIR:

Here are my gears:
Spoiler

With enfeeble and temporal curses most of the time i am safe. What should i do to kill faster?

Can you link your skill tree and what level are you?
IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]Non legacy Mjölner. Uber down. -thread/1474288
[2.0]Shatter Chuck Lite COC -thread/1324981
[2.0]SRS Magic Find Culler. Uber capable. /w budged build -thread/1406603
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
Last edited by Rathik2 on Aug 18, 2013, 2:22:43 PM
"
Rathik2 wrote:
Yea, I am ignorant.

Well, since you had the humility to admit that simple truth, then I'll acknowledge your reply:

You, playing as the summoner, are not required to deal the culling/IIR+IIQ, first of all. I find that there's an abundance of low-life, RF, spark totem users who insist on being the ones that cull, so that's irrelevant. If someone doesn't want you in their group because you're a summoner, they're not going to want you there regardless of your IIR/IIQ + Culling, simply because they believe that you are going to cause them fps drops (I've personally been kicked from a map group based solely on the fact that I was a summoner, despite the fact that I was not using any spectres that cause detrimental fps drops).

Second of all, almost all of your gear is focused around IIQ/IIR. Mine will be focused on resistances/stats, so I have no concerns with resistances, being that I'll be using Purity (I should in fact be over the res caps if anything).

Third of all, I'm simply experimenting with the sword, because I have already made 4 reasonably successful summoners and am interested to see how powerful skeletons can be. Skeletons detonate rather quickly, so they're the perfect candidates for capitalizing on Minion Instability. By linking the aforementioned gems, they're likely to ignite/burn down mobs pretty nicely, which is quite a big perk considering that if you do manage to get into a party that doesn't whine and complain about your having 'too many summons and lagging them', then you'll still have continuous meat shields (pun intended), if and when you're zombies and spectres bite it (which happens regularly when you're running maps). I have 3 fire penetration gems and I've leveled them all up coincidentally, so when this new iteration of a summoner witch hits 52, I can add that into the 4L and get a good idea of just how effective they'll be.

Now, regarding the relation between my summoner and your build, the only thing I took from your build was the idea of using zombies (which I'd already been considering since I was getting annoyed with having to run back to Lunaris and resummon TB in a party, along with gem swapping) as my main source of damage and the base skill placement in end game, because I'm no stranger to leveling and I have no interest in running max IIQ/IIR, so before you make blatant accusations based on one piece of gear I linked, perhaps you could start with a question next time, such as: 'Hey, I'm not sure where you're going with your build, based on that 2H sword you linked, but....' It tends to make you come across as being less ignorant. There's no reason to get your panties in a bunch, simply because I linked a build, based off of yours, with a slight variation in points.
Still in the alpha stage, but at least build diversity isn't an issue: https://wolcengame.com/home/
Okay, let's try to keep replies civil and on topic guys. This is a good thread for a very nice and interesting summoner build. No need for jabs and such.
JNF, nice edit of my original post.

"
Rathik2 wrote:
Yea, I am ignorant. With that sword I am sure you can run higher IIR/IIQ and be able to land culling strikes very easy with your skeletons while keeping max res and high ES.

But I guess you need to resort to trickery in order to even have a chance at an argument (which you clearly don't).
Go make a topic and discuss your build there.

Now, please, go away and let the people that actually like this build to enjoy it.
If you don't like my build thats fine. Just don't use.

Regards.
IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
I've been following this guide as I rather like summoners and find summoners a good first character, but at level 50 something I've hit one of those slumps. No good gear, no good anything, killing slow and most mobs laugh at me as they weave past my horde and hit me on the face.

Zzz.

That and the AI that has them sit aimlessly instead of attacking, though perhaps I should be using Arc to get them more interested in fighting.
"
Rathik2 wrote:
"
Saerah wrote:
Hey guys:

Here are my gears:
Spoiler

Can you link your skill tree and what level are you?

I am level 67, my passive is:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAP0HYxCXEVAUsBXXF1AabBzcHRQo-iqYLL85UjowO-FDY0QESOdMLU25Tm1WY1crWAdY9VqRZp5qrGvbbRlxTXNTdFV8zn0Yf8aCHoLHhWCGrohAj0aQM5Mnms-boZ2uncSio6aspwinK6h9qsSsmLcxuJO71rw3v5fBxcHzw23JPcy80NDT-9eG2Qvi9-Qi5oHr7uwY7IryHvfX-oD60g==
"
CedricDur wrote:
I've been following this guide as I rather like summoners and find summoners a good first character, but at level 50 something I've hit one of those slumps. No good gear, no good anything, killing slow and most mobs laugh at me as they weave past my horde and hit me on the face.

Zzz.

That and the AI that has them sit aimlessly instead of attacking, though perhaps I should be using Arc to get them more interested in fighting.

If you aren't using Arc (or another spell) you doing it wrong.
Zombies have a small aggro range. Arc fixes this.
Arc is kinda core for this build, specially for culling.

If you need help in some areas/bosses let me know,

You should be farming public parties tbh, its the faster way to level.
IGN Riokar | My guides
"
JNF wrote:

Second of all, almost all of your gear is focused around IIQ/IIR. Mine will be focused on resistances/stats

Maybe discuss your build in your own thread because it is a different build for a different purpose. This build is focused on high IIR/IIQ.
"
JNF wrote:

Third of all, I'm simply experimenting with the sword, because I have already made 4 reasonably successful summoners and am interested to see how powerful skeletons can be.

See above. This build is focused on zombies.
"
JNF wrote:

Now, regarding the relation between my summoner and your build, the only thing I took from your build was the idea of using zombies

See above.
"
JNF wrote:

I have no interest in running max IIQ/IIR

See above.
"
JNF wrote:

so before you make blatant accusations based on one piece of gear I linked, perhaps you could start with a question next time, such as: 'Hey, I'm not sure where you're going with your build, based on that 2H sword you linked, but....' It tends to make you come across as being less ignorant.

The context of this thread is a cheap zombie based build with high IIR/IIQ. This is Rathik2's first response to you:
"
Rathik2 wrote:

Right, I think you are talking about completely different builds.

It seems to me that you haven't read the guide, you just took a pick at the very high level skill allocation.
I really do not want to start a debate of zombies vs skeletons or gem choices.

And just by mentioning that sword, clearly shows you are not following this guide and you have a different build in mind :).

All of which are pretty accurate except maybe for the "haven't read the guide" bit which is the part that probably upset you.

So to sum up. You admit your build is different, your goal is different, your gear is different, your gems are different and you focus on skeletons instead of zombies. Maybe it should be in a different thread too?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info