[2.0]Rathik's NEWBIE FRIENDLY FUN&CHEAP FARMER, DPS Summoner. High AOE DMG, SURVIVAL."The Matriarch"

"
Tumiya wrote:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAVysHY3NTa9t9GOyK5oERULvWO-Hi96cri3ptGcHzoqN_xsHFLL-GrhXX14ZWY-wYw22CHkwtF1AA_XRVfM7r5F8qFLA6MDlSvDdObVgHrJj315uhSOfQ0I9GpwidrhpspqyIQJAzuJMMfRB_xp7kIh0U-tJmnnFNms9DY7cxWPWdxClP7Dg62E3YjHbr7hzcKPqCx9P7qH1akWqskye_l8k98h7ZCyqY-oDMvIVgqsQQl0QETbk4GzdmEdtPv548gW8=

Slightly switched some points for a small gain of 4% all res and 2% ES (+ 16% Armor).

You also removed 10 DEX which is needed for Temporal chains :).

Personally i am trying to avoid getting single %6 res nodes. I do not consider them core of any build.

You edited the core build, I didn't include all the ES nodes you can get.
I did that on the high level build.
You will eventually need to get some DEX nodes and since you'll have to you might as well get the ones that lead to better nodes, like nullification and void barrier.

If you add 4 more levels to your built, you can remove the 2 %6 you got and grab Nullification.
I think is a better trade off, 30 int = 15 mana and 6% ES, 10 dex that is needed and nullification will give 10%ES, 10% ES recovery and 8% all res.
Also if you notice, in the Nullification cluster there is a ES node that gives 10% ES and 10% evasion. So with higher levels, the ES nodes under the witch are weaker than the shadow side so you should avoid them.

Grabbing dead end nodes is something that I always try to avoid.
Personally I took some ES nodes under the which starting point temporarily and when i hit level 92 (if ever) i will refund those and the big DEX node and go grab Void barrier.
IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]Non legacy Mjölner. Uber down. -thread/1474288
[2.0]Shatter Chuck Lite COC -thread/1324981
[2.0]SRS Magic Find Culler. Uber capable. /w budged build -thread/1406603
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
Last edited by Rathik2 on Jul 28, 2013, 7:52:21 AM
Added Temple Piety strategy section.
IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
"
Rathik2 wrote:

With this setup she shouldn't be much of a problem.
Of course it all depends on the map mods.
If she has some crazy map mods on her, just skip her. She is the bane of summoners :/.

I remember watching a stream of a guy who wanted to get a pyramid map to fight her. He was playing as a summoner and I think he was just looking to take a break because he was ecstatic when he got the 2 bosses mod in that map, lol! Needless to say, his summoner took a dirt nap thanks to that map. He could have survived though, honestly, he just had no chance of defeating the two bosses.
How would you level this build? Getting to the minion nodes on the right side is going to take some time as you need to take the path across the top. By my count you need to spend 41 points to pick up all the minion nodes. Would you race to these nodes maybe picking up minion instability along the way? Or are there survival nodes to grab first?

Edit:
It also looks like you could swap the 3x +10 int points for the top path with 3x +10 int nodes to establish a bottom path which gives you minion nodes a bit sooner but minion instability is some points away still.
Last edited by Haewk on Jul 29, 2013, 1:46:43 AM
"
Haewk wrote:
How would you level this build? Getting to the minion nodes on the right side is going to take some time as you need to take the path across the top. By my count you need to spend 41 points to pick up all the minion nodes. Would you race to these nodes maybe picking up minion instability along the way? Or are there survival nodes to grab first?

Edit:
It also looks like you could swap the 3x +10 int points for the top path with 3x +10 int nodes to establish a bottom path which gives you minion nodes a bit sooner but minion instability is some points away still.

Yes you can go from bottom, actually is best to go from bottom because it gives you access to the 30 INT node which equals to 15 mana and 6% ES. I just removed them and added them from the top cause it looks cooler to me :D.

For leveling... Well thats an entire section of its own. Personally I took a Quil rain bow along with some other cheap uniques for the first 35ish levels with no stats allocated cause I wasn't sure if i wanted to make a summoner at that time.

This build is weak at low levels. The setup is for end game. Best thing to do is farm exp with a party like everyone else does. Get some help with merciless Oak or any other boss you can't kill.
Farm docks then Lunaris 2-3 until you get a decent level.

Also going for dual curse early in farming exp parties and using vulnerability and elemental weakness, it boosts the party damage by a lot and helps all types of characters. You are pretty much the support character. Your minions need gem levels to be effective.

I'll add a leveling section soon.
IGN Riokar | My guides
Last edited by Rathik2 on Jul 29, 2013, 5:43:51 AM
Ur using shield urself but you dont have necromantic aegis passive?How you do 70+ maps?Doesnt ur summons die pretty fast from elemental damage or even burning ground?
Last edited by saridonas on Jul 29, 2013, 6:10:57 AM
"
saridonas wrote:
Ur using shield urself but you dont have necromantic aegis passive?How you do 70+ maps?Doesnt ur summons die pretty fast from elemental damage or even burning ground?

No, they don't die pretty fast. I am actually doing 73+ maps.

I think i might start streaming a bit just to prove it to some people :)
IGN Riokar | My guides
"
Rathik2 wrote:
"
saridonas wrote:

No, they don't die pretty fast. I am actually doing 73+ maps.

I think i might start streaming a bit just to prove it to some people :)

hmm thats intrested but i think i wont skip that node anyway.Also i would like to ask how many and what auras ur running.

p.s this is my build im gonna try to run life/es hybrid what's ur opinion about that.
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAB2MI9Ax9EH8QlxSwFm8ZhRpsHNwkPCSqJwsnqSj6KpgxiDbpOVI6MDrhO-FBh0QERnFI50lRTblN405tVcZXK1gHWm1akWqsa9ttGXNTeQN6uH0Yfll_xoLHhWCIQIjxi3qPRpAzkyeVIJuhna6io6ZXpqynCKcrp1yofaluqsSsWayYrpO0DLXytz64k7w3vJ-_l8BUwfPGnsauyT3MvM9l0NDT-9QZ2Qva3eL342rjn-dj6-7sivF28h7yRffX-oD7Cf4K_kn-jxFQEQ-wdzLRLR8=
Last edited by saridonas on Jul 29, 2013, 6:46:01 AM
CI > health.
I just don't see the benefit of going with health one bit.
Simple as that
You'll have to invest in chaos res and life gear, which will in return lower your IIR/IIQ and ES.
I wouldn't run it, specially in crazy map mods.

You ll get in a map with "monsters deal extra damage" or "chain" or "monsters fire 4 additional projectiles" and an undying alchemist or an archer will pop up from across the screen and most likely will one shot you.

Necromantic aegis is not needed, not even close to been needed. That node to me is worthless, it will make you weaker, but hey, that is my opinion.

Why you do you think the strongest builds out there are CI or low life with shavrones?

My goal on this build is to make it CHEAP, decent aoe damage, high survival AND high IIR/IIQ.

The build I am using is CI, yours is life, completely two different things. I really don't wont to compare it.

If you hate CI so much, why do you just go low life with a shavrone and wondertrap and add 3 more auras on your life and +100% more IIR.
But that is removing the CHEAP from my built, cause shavrones is like 30+ exalted.

"

I tell you what, add me in game and tag along in one of my map runs.
I will add this, just to make it more challenging. All you have to do is follow me around and stay alive. You don't have to attack anything. Just be around for the 50% extra quantity.

Also take a look at Body and Soul, Mind and Matter, Nullification and Void Barrier and compare it with your life nodes.

Take a look and tell me which ones are more beneficial.

Regards :)

IGN Riokar | My guides
Hello,

Thanks for the guide, i find it usefull and well detailed.

I will only make a suggestion and try it myself. I will remove all IQ/IR gems from minions/spectre and just use culling strike + arc (or any aoe spell). I think it would be annoying if summons kill boss before you, but with pratice (i did it with my ci shadow on flicker + culling+ iq + ir) you can nearly always finish rare and boss before dying on summons or whatever.

Instead of that, i will put faster casting on skeletons, and more dps for zombies (remote mines add + 40% dps, and maybe faster attacks, or whatever increasing dps).

What do you think about it ?

best regards

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info