[2.0]Rathik's NEWBIE FRIENDLY FUN&CHEAP FARMER, DPS Summoner. High AOE DMG, SURVIVAL."The Matriarch"

If you have some currency:

get a quil rain bow, ondars glasp wrapped mitts, 2 blackheart rings, karui ward amulet.
Optional wanderlust boots, goldrim leather cap, meginords girdle heavy belt, Blackgleam quiver.

All this uniques cost maybe 1-3 fusing each. Meginords might be more, depending of stats etc. They are so common, just read the trade chat.

I used this setup and leveled this witch to level 35 just by farming ledge, fellshrine and docks.

Get split arrow, clarity aura maybe also hatred or another damage aura.

Apart from some mana nodes i didnt really use any skill points.

You should be level 30ish in 3-4 hours.

IMO everyone should have a set of this low level uniques to help leveling new toons.

Even with just a quil rain the first 15 levels are doable in an hour or so.

As this op said, using Freezing pulse to level is a good alternate.

I am planning to write a leveling guide but i need to find the time to do and its also been written by so many other people on how to easily do the first levels.

You can also go with infernal blow and facebreaker past level 16.

IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]Non legacy Mjölner. Uber down. -thread/1474288
[2.0]Shatter Chuck Lite COC -thread/1324981
[2.0]SRS Magic Find Culler. Uber capable. /w budged build -thread/1406603
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
Last edited by Rathik2 on Jul 30, 2013, 2:39:57 PM
I have never played a summoner before, but I was looking for start an IIR/IIQ build and I figured the best options are either a summoner or a low life dual spark totem build. I decided what I'm going to do is use this build it seems like it will be fun. I am already level 29 and so far notable loot has been 6 chaos which is much more then I have ever gotten on my other characters.
I host Good Morning Wraeclast the #1 video source of Path of exile news and information! check the show out. https://www.youtube.com/user/HCMonstrLP
"
I have never played a summoner before, but I was looking for start an IIR/IIQ build and I figured the best options are either a summoner or a low life dual spark totem build. I decided what I'm going to do is use this build it seems like it will be fun. I am already level 29 and so far notable loot has been 6 chaos which is much more then I have ever gotten on my other characters.

Glad to here you decided to start a summoner.

Also, low life spork needs shavrones which is not a CHEAP build :).
IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
Added leveling section.
IGN Riokar | My guides
just read the leveling section. Interesting I never would have thought to use quill rain and split arrow to level quickly. I have been using mostly freeze pule, arc, and the summons. At this point I am level 30 it did take a bit longer then expected but that's not a problem.

current gear:
Spoiler

I think I got pretty lucky looting that sidhebreath early on, and I paid a few chaos for the 12% IIR perandus.

so far the summons dont seem to be doing that bad. I am running a few damage auras for them and the zombies already have multi+ splash. the only thing that seems to counter them so far are AOE ranged monsters. everything else I just pop a regen totem and spam skeletons in their face + my freeze pulse nothing seems to last very long.

I am going to repsec a little I think but my main plan was to rush minion instability that way if I encounter something I can't fight I can spam exploding skeletons in it's face. that plan seems to be working out pretty well so far took out piety no problem with that strategy even with my only 17% lightnight res. my next few points are going to be getting life and getting deep thinker then stick to the level section trees.

current skill tree:
I host Good Morning Wraeclast the #1 video source of Path of exile news and information! check the show out. https://www.youtube.com/user/HCMonstrLP
"
just read the leveling section. Interesting I never would have thought to use quill rain and split arrow to level quickly. I have been using mostly freeze pule, arc, and the summons. At this point I am level 30 it did take a bit longer then expected but that's not a problem.

current gear:
Spoiler

I think I got pretty lucky looting that sidhebreath early on, and I paid a few chaos for the 12% IIR perandus.

so far the summons dont seem to be doing that bad. I am running a few damage auras for them and the zombies already have multi+ splash. the only thing that seems to counter them so far are AOE ranged monsters. everything else I just pop a regen totem and spam skeletons in their face + my freeze pulse nothing seems to last very long.

I am going to repsec a little I think but my main plan was to rush minion instability that way if I encounter something I can't fight I can spam exploding skeletons in it's face. that plan seems to be working out pretty well so far took out piety no problem with that strategy even with my only 17% lightnight res. my next few points are going to be getting life and getting deep thinker then stick to the level section trees.

current skill tree:

I recommend bones of ullr boots and a better weapon with atleast some fast cast on or mana or res :). Or unique rapier for the massive res boost.

You look good so far, even if summoners are weak at low levels :)

Also remember that dual curse gives massive offense or defense and also helps parties greatly.
Elemental weakness and vulnerability you are pretty much adding 30-40% to your party :).

Also, the main reason is to enjoy the build and have fun with it.
IGN Riokar | My guides
Last edited by Rathik2 on Jul 30, 2013, 4:46:36 PM
Zombies are actually good starting at character level 14 if you have previous characters get the support gems; a 3-link with Life Gain on Hit and Additional Accuracy, plus an Animation flask, and they'll tank just fine.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Zombies are actually good starting at character level 14 if you have previous characters get the support gems; a 3-link with Life Gain on Hit and Additional Accuracy, plus an Animation flask, and they'll tank just fine.

+1
IGN Riokar | My guides
something people might want to consider is putting added chaos damage support gem on their skeletons. I know that by it's self the added chaos damage gem seems a bit unless in a lot of builds but when you add it to skeletons because you can have 6 skeletons to start out with it is like multiplying the damage of the gem by 6 assuming all your skeletons are hitting 1 monster.

at level 1 added chaos deals 16-25 damage. That means total is is giving you 96-150 added chaos damage. a level 20 added chaos damage with only 6 skeletons would be dealing an extra 486-732 damage.

one more thing if you have your skeletons on a support totem it is good to know that each skeletons gets at least 1 hit in before getting replaced.

now I dont have the late game to test this out yet but I feel like it will make skeleton spamming bosses much better.

My summoner build is just getting into shape. I am using all 3 types. Zombie for tanking. Skeletons on spell totem with MI passive. Spectra fast shooter with culling strike support gem. Working ok at 60ish but would appreitiat suggestion to improve for running maps

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info