[2.0]Rathik's NEWBIE FRIENDLY FUN&CHEAP FARMER, DPS Summoner. High AOE DMG, SURVIVAL."The Matriarch"

"
Elvadier wrote:
It seems to me like there are two major ways to play the summoner.

Either:
A. You want Minion Instability and the ability to explode your 10-15k hp zombies and do some serious fire damage. This means that your zombies are disposable. And that means your spectres are fragile. I assume the OP wanted this type of behavior.
B. You don't want your spectres to die. Which means that your Zombies are going to become more tanky as a result. This also means you want to avoid MI as it will drop the EHP of your minions (inc spectres) by 35%.

And in every single guide of Summoners there is a statement regarding trouble with groups.
Given I'm trying for plan B (sorry for high jacking OP).

In attempting to keep your pets alive, the general strategy is to run Purity and Vitality for your pets. One to bring the resistances from 23% to 50%
Vit because 1.5% regen on 10k-15k is 150-225hp per sec which is greater than 110hp for
Rejuv totem.

The biggest item that I have discovered for minion survival is Springleaf with necromatic aegis.
Springleaf is a cheap unique provides +6% hp regen during Low Life for your pets plus 10% resist to all which brings resists to 60% for all minions.
That 7.5% regen is about 750+ hp/sec when minions are below 3500hp. Which is an incredible regen rate.

While I'm not doing 72+ maps yet. I very rarely lose a zombie let alone a spectre.

This means that I can run 2 RF aura and 1 degenerate chaos bear for maximum passive damage.
To aid those pets, I run cold EE via totems (either LMP Arctic breath, inc aoe ice nova or LMP freeze pulse). I don't run spark because that would put lightning on +25% resist which is rarely good I groups.

To add damage to my RF, I support with Inc burning, inc aoe, inc minion life and item rarity.
I'm not 100% sure how IIR/IIQ works for summoned pets. So I usually drop down to Low Life and use those +100% rarity boots when I cast my pets on the chance it is a snapshot process. That brings them up to +250% without too much useful gear.
Final benefit for damage is using Elemental Weakness and Vunerability which increases dots and more physical damage for Zombies and Skeles.

In general, because I'm running hybrid hp/ES, it is my lowish (~1200) hp and negative chaos resist that is killing me once every 10th map.

Also. RF and degen bears don't cause much lag which means they are easier on groups.

You need to take into consideration that degeneration effects, e.g burning damage, chaos over time etc DOES NOT work with IIR/IIQ gems.

So if you have linked IIR/IIQ on a degen bear you are not benefiting from the gem.
So if you are focusing on specters for the kills then your best bet is to go with tentacles specters.
Raise specter + Life Leech/Life on hit + GMP/LMP + Chain
I am not sure if life leech is better than life on hit.
Life on hit "sounds" better to me since its instant heal and the tentacles are fast attack based.

IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]Non legacy Mjölner. Uber down. -thread/1474288
[2.0]Shatter Chuck Lite COC -thread/1324981
[2.0]SRS Magic Find Culler. Uber capable. /w budged build -thread/1406603
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
Last edited by Rathik2 on Aug 16, 2013, 3:58:49 AM
Question:

1. Why inner force passive? what does this passive help?
2. is everyone using this build have exactly 8 zombies and 2 spectrals? is that enough for mapping?

Thanks in advance!!
"
Saerah wrote:
Question:

1. Why inner force passive? what does this passive help?
2. is everyone using this build have exactly 8 zombies and 2 spectrals? is that enough for mapping?

Thanks in advance!!

inner force increases your buff effects.

Say your discipline aura gives you 100 ES, inner force will add 18% effect so from your aura you are getting 118 ES.
The same goes for every single buff except charges.
Also in the patch notes it says they will be buffing it by 2% if am not mistaken.

And yes about the zombie/spectral part.
Personally am not worry about specters one bit.
If they die i just summon something random.
This build is focused on zombies.
If you want to use specters you ll have to change a lot of items thus dropping IIR/IIQ.
And i ll take 8 zombies than 4 specters any day of the week.

:)
IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
Last edited by Rathik2 on Aug 16, 2013, 5:58:59 PM
Thanks.

so inner force buffs auras only in our case?

also, how do i increase my zombie damage other than curses?
Second Kaom's heart in 48 hours. :D

Screenshot incoming

http://i.imgur.com/DqSmbMM.jpg

With the first Kaom's i managed to get to 46 exalted and bought this 1 hour before the second kaom's drop :D

Also thanks I want to thank IncanGold for inviting me to his map :)

EDIT

actually is been 4 days since i found the first kaoms.
I lost track of time :D.

IGN Riokar | My guides
Last edited by Rathik2 on Aug 17, 2013, 6:20:52 AM
:D
Congratz :)

may i know what is ur iiq?
"
Saerah wrote:
Congratz :)

may i know what is ur iiq?

http://i.imgur.com/8LLjuPu.jpg

77/362
IIR/IIQ are not level 20 yet.
On switch with reaper's pursuit axe you can add 30%-40% IIR
With Divination Distillate flask you can add 40%-60%IIR and 20%-25%IIQ.

Still working on my MF stats.
IGN Riokar | My guides
updated guide with

The art of culling. How to effectively cull in groups.
Spoiler

Lets face it, to do high level maps and get good drops you need a group.
Almost all groups will have a MF culler. And it can be you.
Usually the fee for 75+ maps is 2 chaos. Most of the leaders will either invite a MF culler for free or for half the fee, so that is another perk you get :).

For some builds culling comes natural, a sporker all it has to do is equip a culling weapon and be done with it. Fast attack bow users also have it easy.

Summoners on the other hand need to play around there culling, you need to plan ahead and keep your eyes open. Personally I find this game play much more fun and interesting rather than dual totem, etc.
I really don't get why people say that summoners are boring.

Now lets talk about gems and item setup.
I tried all culling methods (well, almost all) and I find the most effective setups are the following with there pros and cons.
The main goal is to get as much culls on all mobs as possible.
You will most likely going to need haste aura to be more efficient.

Always try to have a 4L Reaper's Pursuit Shadow Axe on your switch slots for 30%-40% boost on IIR and free culling strike.
Try to always use it on bosses/rares but don't get your self killed.
Divination Distillate Large Hybrid Flask is also a great boost if you can afford it.

Use Arc + faster casting + IIR + IIQ (5L + chain)

1)
Spoiler

6L Raise zombie + multistrike + melee splash + culling strike + IIR + IIQ
4L Arc + culling strike + IIR + IIQ

Pros
Instant culling 100% hit.
Zombies can cull normal monsters.
Can use any weapon.

Cons
Expensive, requires 6L.

2)
Spoiler

5L Raise zombie + multistrike + melee splash + culling strike + IIR/IIQ
4L Arc + culling strike + IIR/IIQ

Pros
Zombies can cull normal monsters.
Can use any weapon.

Cons
Not that expensive, 5L are not that rare.
Less IIR/IIQ.

3)
Spoiler

5L Arc + faster casting + culling strike + IIR + IIQ
or
5L Arc + chain + culling strike + IIR + IIQ

Faster casting hits 3 monsters faster but chain hits 5 monsters slower.

Take your pick.

Pros
Can use any weapon.
Higher IIR/IIQ than setup 2.

Cons
Not that expensive, 5L are not that rare.
You can cull all rares/bosses, some magic monsters, hardly any normal monsters.
Zombies can not cull normal monsters.
You constantly need to cast arc.

4)
Spoiler
4L Arc + culling strike + IIR + IIQ

Pros
Cheap
Can use any weapon.

Cons
Very slow casting.
You can cull all rares/bosses, hardly any magic monsters, probably zero normal monsters.
You constantly need to cast arc.

5)
Spoiler
4L Power siphon + GMP/LMP + IIR + IIQ

Pros
Cheap
Power siphon comes with culling strike and power charges.
Can support the group with charges if you spend 1 skill point to take conduit. Use blood rage and enduring cry.
Most fun (but hard) to play build.
Groups love you.

Cons
Mana hungry. Even at level 1 power siphon GMP/LMP raise the mana cost a lot.
Can only use very fast wands.
Has accuracy issues. I had 70% to hit when i used this setup.
You probably can cull all bosses/rares, hardly any magic monsters, probably zero normal monsters. You must rely on your switch weapon to have 100% on bosses/rares.
You have a lot of things to cast and worry about.
I don't recommend this setup if you are the only culler in party.

More tips regardless of which setup you use.
Spoiler

First rule of a culler is... Don't die.
Second rule of a culler is... Don't die.

Seriously, be aware of you surroundings. Always read the map mods.
Don't jump in bad situation trying to cull something.
You job is to drop loot for the group. You can't do that when you are dead.
Better to loose the loot from one rare monster than to lose the rest of the map and the boss.

Try to find a good place to stand that is safe and has line of sight for your attacks so you can land your cull as much as possible.

Your zombies provide tanking and DPS, learn how to "body pull them" to reposition them.

Always keep an eye out for rare monsters, some of them are weak and they go down pretty fast specially when you have some crazy DPS players.

Ask from discharge or other high DPS builds to not 1 shot rares (you think people would have some common sense on this).

Happy Culling!!!

IGN Riokar | My guides
Last edited by Rathik2 on Aug 17, 2013, 2:22:35 PM
Now with the added culling strike setup info, I have... so much work to do with my build, lol.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info