[2.0]Rathik's NEWBIE FRIENDLY FUN&CHEAP FARMER, DPS Summoner. High AOE DMG, SURVIVAL."The Matriarch"

"
Rens2Sea wrote:
"
Haewk wrote:
Spoiler
"
Rens2Sea wrote:
Managed to finish Piety on Merciless: http://www.twitch.tv/rens2sea/c/2744802
I was 3 levels underleveled.

Nicely done! I am almost at merciless Vaal at the moment.

"

My build:

You didn't pickup Deep Thoughts in the mana section under the curses?
Also skipped 30% minion damage at the spectre node...?

My build is very very similiar at the moment except I don't have any of the life nodes. I am hoping to go CI in Act 3 but I need some more ES and resists.

"

My gear:
Spoiler

Got the shield (as white) right before the portal to Piety, alched it to get something nice :)
And got the chest from a vendor. Yes.
Bought the belt, found the boots.

Wow, nice shield and chest. You found a 4L Bones of Ullr? Lucky! I bought a 3L for pretty cheap, run speed is low but not a priority atm. I haven't found any 5Ls or 6Ls yet.
What are your resists at? And how difficult was Merciless Act 3 for you?

You need a new hat!

Actually, i did pick up Deep Thoughts, look again :)
As for the two 15% nodes, completely forgot about them!
I 4-linked the boots my self, didn't find them that way.

My resists (without/with purity):
Fire: 37% / 66%
Cold: 65% / 77%
Lightning: 36% / 65%
Chaos: -42%

Act 3 Merciless was a bitch, died 9 times there (out of 14 total).
I keep stats ;)
Spoiler

Level - Cause - Location
---------------------------
62 - Fireball throwing guy - Act 3: Crematorium Level 1
62 - Piety lightning - Act 3: Crematorium Level 2
62 - I think poison cloud bomb - Act 3: Warehouses (sewers)
62 - I think poison cloud bomb - Act 3: Marketplace (sewers)
62 - I think poison cloud bomb - Act 3: Marketplace (sewers)
62 - Exile - Act 3: Docks
63 - Magic small towels bumped into me - Act 3: Solaris Temple Level 2
64 - I think poison cloud bomb - Act 3: Sewers Aqueduct
65 - Lightning thorns reflect maybe - Act 3: Barracks

You might want to go CI if chaos is a problem.

I went CI when I got to sewers act 3 merc.
Only had 1k es.
IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]Non legacy Mjölner. Uber down. -thread/1474288
[2.0]Shatter Chuck Lite COC -thread/1324981
[2.0]SRS Magic Find Culler. Uber capable. /w budged build -thread/1406603
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
"
Rathik2 wrote:
Only had 1k es.
Before playing a summoner, I would have thought "lol noob."

Having now played a summoner to maps, I think, yep, sounds about right. Summoners don't need much EHP; as long as you're not getting one-shot, you really stop caring.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Aug 15, 2013, 12:55:29 AM
"
Rathik2 wrote:
Only had 1k es.

Is that 1K ES without Discipline? I am about to hit sewers but not quite at 1K ES without Discipline.

Vaal turned out to be very very very easy. Didn't even get to do his lightning beams and I don't think I even lost a zombie or spectre (with no healing). He summoned about 3 times and then he was dead.

Just before I got to Vaal I ran into Antalie Napora however. Pain. Lots and lots of pain. Goes through minions like they are paper and basically 1 or 2 shots me. Struggled to get skeletons close enough to do MI damage as she 1-shots the spell totem. In hindsight, should maybe have tried manual skeleton summoning.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
Rathik2 wrote:
Only had 1k es.
Before playing a summoner, I would have thought "lol noob."

Having now played a summoner to maps, I think, yep, sounds about right. Summoners don't need much EHP; as long as you're not getting one-shot, you really stop caring.

Path of Exile is a very complex game.
Some times things align and you get a huge burst damage because you had shock stacks you didn't notice or you get a bit desynch, etc.
Having more life/ES pool is never a bad thing.
And if summoners are all noobs then I guess all sporkers are noobs also since its pretty much the game play.
Summoners run around with 8-9 zombies and 1 totem and sporkers with 2 totems and 3 zombies.

"
Haewk wrote:
"
Rathik2 wrote:
Only had 1k es.

Is that 1K ES without Discipline? I am about to hit sewers but not quite at 1K ES without Discipline.

Vaal turned out to be very very very easy. Didn't even get to do his lightning beams and I don't think I even lost a zombie or spectre (with no healing). He summoned about 3 times and then he was dead.

Just before I got to Vaal I ran into Antalie Napora however. Pain. Lots and lots of pain. Goes through minions like they are paper and basically 1 or 2 shots me. Struggled to get skeletons close enough to do MI damage as she 1-shots the spell totem. In hindsight, should maybe have tried manual skeleton summoning.

Total 1k ES hehe. I was just starting the game so i was poor as hell.

Removing the spell totem is part of the build. I usually remove it on fights like piety temple etc.

Using temporal chains + enfeeble makes things easier.
IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
Last edited by Rathik2 on Aug 15, 2013, 4:45:21 AM
I just want you to know that while using this build, I shot a crate and a unique fell out. This build works wonders.
Last edited by walpurgisnacht on Aug 15, 2013, 11:56:08 AM
Also just wanting to let you know that I've respecced (came back to the game after a long break and found I had a full respecc waiting) to your build. Sure, I don't clear maps as fast as with my explosive arrow marauder or my previuous - now respecced - sporker, but I find the increase in rarity and quantity more than makes up for it.

Also, being a mf-machine tends to get me spots in map groups more often than with my other toons. Being well-geared in terms of damage, life and resists simply ain't enough, I find. Rarity and quality is everything.

Anywho: well done & thanks!
"
Also just wanting to let you know that I've respecced (came back to the game after a long break and found I had a full respecc waiting) to your build. Sure, I don't clear maps as fast as with my explosive arrow marauder or my previuous - now respecced - sporker, but I find the increase in rarity and quantity more than makes up for it.

Also, being a mf-machine tends to get me spots in map groups more often than with my other toons. Being well-geared in terms of damage, life and resists simply ain't enough, I find. Rarity and quality is everything.

Anywho: well done & thanks!

Thats exactly the point :)
IGN Riokar | My guides
It seems to me like there are two major ways to play the summoner.

Either:
A. You want Minion Instability and the ability to explode your 10-15k hp zombies and do some serious fire damage. This means that your zombies are disposable. And that means your spectres are fragile. I assume the OP wanted this type of behavior.
B. You don't want your spectres to die. Which means that your Zombies are going to become more tanky as a result. This also means you want to avoid MI as it will drop the EHP of your minions (inc spectres) by 35%.

And in every single guide of Summoners there is a statement regarding trouble with groups.
Given I'm trying for plan B (sorry for high jacking OP).

In attempting to keep your pets alive, the general strategy is to run Purity and Vitality for your pets. One to bring the resistances from 23% to 50%
Vit because 1.5% regen on 10k-15k is 150-225hp per sec which is greater than 110hp for
Rejuv totem.

The biggest item that I have discovered for minion survival is Springleaf with necromatic aegis.
Springleaf is a cheap unique provides +6% hp regen during Low Life for your pets plus 10% resist to all which brings resists to 60% for all minions.
That 7.5% regen is about 750+ hp/sec when minions are below 3500hp. Which is an incredible regen rate.

While I'm not doing 72+ maps yet. I very rarely lose a zombie let alone a spectre.

This means that I can run 2 RF aura and 1 degenerate chaos bear for maximum passive damage.
To aid those pets, I run cold EE via totems (either LMP Arctic breath, inc aoe ice nova or LMP freeze pulse). I don't run spark because that would put lightning on +25% resist which is rarely good I groups.

To add damage to my RF, I support with Inc burning, inc aoe, inc minion life and item rarity.
I'm not 100% sure how IIR/IIQ works for summoned pets. So I usually drop down to Low Life and use those +100% rarity boots when I cast my pets on the chance it is a snapshot process. That brings them up to +250% without too much useful gear.
Final benefit for damage is using Elemental Weakness and Vunerability which increases dots and more physical damage for Zombies and Skeles.

In general, because I'm running hybrid hp/ES, it is my lowish (~1200) hp and negative chaos resist that is killing me once every 10th map.

Also. RF and degen bears don't cause much lag which means they are easier on groups.
MF Machines indeed.
Almost had a heart attack when this dropped...

So close...
(new Anarchy summoner, hence the not so stellar stats there)
Last edited by GoatEatingToilet on Aug 16, 2013, 3:27:28 AM
"
MF Machines indeed.
Almost had a heart attack when this dropped...

So close...
(new Anarchy summoner, hence the not so stellar stats there)

I know the feeling mate :)
IGN Riokar | My guides

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info