Manoka beta key giveaway details inside

"
Smashinmelonz wrote:
So a while back someone posted on here that they had cancer and I replied back that it hit a little close to home and they could really be offending people if they were just trolling for a beta key, and then pretty much left it alone after that. Well here is my story... Bro
I was recently married and had an amazing job... life was going good the house, the car the whole 9... right. Well about a year ago today I found out I had a tumor in my heart. Which is very rare especially for men of my age. Finding this out my life instantly changed. Fist I lost my job, because where I live it is a "right to work state" and well I guess I don't have that "right". Shortly after loosing my job my wife left me after being together for 7 years she said it was just far to much stress for her. Which I guess I understand :( (loosing her was worse than the tumor btw) So of course with no job... and no wife to help with income I was forced to sell my house and move into an apartment. I just recently (7&1/2 months ago) had open Heart surgery to remove the tumor. I am hopeful that they got it all and that I will have a hasty recovery. I am just now able to get in and out of bed by myself and so far my pillow has been my best friend! The doctor told me to hug it every time I need to move (getting in and out of bed, coughing,anything that requires movement.
Anywayz this is my story
Hope to spend the next few months of bed rest on the beta :)

Huh hard story bro...

Hope you will get the key :)
"
Leviathan21 wrote:
Quite a sick competition really.

Nah its better then whine threads anyday plus the dude who has it worst gets a key, win win!
2 beta keys left!
I DONT USE IRC, if someone by my name offers you keys its a impostor.(I only post here and in-game as Manoka and ManokaHC)
sending me a PM about beta keys will NOT get you a beta key.
well i'm not here to share a story but i would love to know how u have 4 beta keys to give away and i'm still waiting for mine via beta timer. something its wrong how beta keys are being given .
Well my story is not all that complicated, but i will share it anyway.

39 years old.. been gaming pretty much my entire life. I grew up in the days when arcades were popular, atari was just comming out when i was in grade school...

so i came up thru the entire era, atari, colecovision, the old Apple, comodore, and tandy computers.. been tinkering with that stuff and gaming/programming pretty much since day one.

in the early 90's i was really into MUDs, the old unix based text only online games.
A few friends of mine even ran our own, you can see our contribution to the mud timeline at the official dikumud site, we created VegoMud (yes Vego, we got the name from ghostbusters)

After mudding, i continued to play NES/n64 TG16 and pretty much any system that had a solid RPG. in the late 90's i was a Huge Everquest player, you know the type, 3 Pc's going at the same time.. 12+ hour gaming sessions, etc. I was into it big time. This same behavior continued with WoW, Eq2, FFxi, Ryzom, Horizons, Lotro, etc, and just about any fantasy based MMO.

I find that i just don't get the satisfaction of playing a game if it is single player.. their is something about the online world and interaction, competitiveness of the online world that keeps me from getting into games like oblivion or similar Good games, but with no online world element.

So after a while, the games do get old.. and one needs to move one... I had a lot of fun in Wow when Cataclysm came out, i took a few days off fromw work and was max level withing 4 days.. then grinded thru heroics and got into the raids.. but after that it got stagnent.. so i retired once and for all from wow.

so here i sit.. waiting for the next great game.. a lot is in the works this year.
Of cource PoE and D3 are high on the list, torchlight ii, and Grim Dawn also seem to have promise.

but unfortunalty none of the games are out yet.. so life is kinda boring.

in June of 2010 i married the most wonderful woman in the world, but with marriage come great sacrafice.. and my time available to play games has diminished, from the old days of gaming non stop.

So i have shifted more into the action RPG world.. since they are fun, and rewarding but do not require sustained day after day long hours of playtime. I need to find games where i can play for an hour or 2 a night and actually feel like i acomplished somethiing.. thus the more casual ARPG games seems to be the best fit for me in life right now.

My wife is cool with me playing games, and would not complain if i wanted to game more heavilly and raid multiple days a week etc. But i realize that i need to keep things balanced... and as a married man, i need to make some sacrafices and keep life and games balanced, so the easiest thing to do was shift to a more casual gaming world like action rpgs.

that said.. i been pretty much drooling over this game and dying to dig into it. I am an experienced Beta player, with WoW, Eq2, Conan, and several others. I enjoy the beta process because it feels like you are actually helping shape the game, and ever more so with GGG, they seem to be very well connected with the community.

I myself do some game development on the side, not at this level, more casual style and flash based games.. i haven't got rich off of it.. but i did sell 2 flash games to Bigfishgames for about $500 bucks.. so that was pretty cool. I am kinda a one stop shop with games, i create my ow art in photoshop and i create the code for the game as well. The only elelment i ned to outsource is music, although i wish i could do it all in house.. i'm just not that talented. you can see some of my flash games on mochi at http://www.mochigames.com/developer/method72/

ayways.. the bottom line is i am bored as hell a and looking to get into POE to quench my thrist for a new and exciting world to discover.

hope you consider me for a key

best regards
- Sam
Firstly you want people to beg you for key and now? They need to get your compassion?

Seriously, this is humiliating. I don't know if these stories are real or fake but come on..

Blame me people but I'll tell you something: This is sick.
Does it have to be a sad story?
Not like everyone in their life has a provable sad story
Since its all in that past
And a normal human would attempt to bury their depressing past

Either ways. (An attempt at a story)

Help a brother out, if you've got key(s) then at least give one to me

I've got time to burn and I would gladly burn that time to improve this games system

I don't have any huge story to offer that could relate to the beta key
My life doesn't hang on a plain key, but I will be attentive to improving the game
Thats why I wish to have a key
"
Pretor3 wrote:
Firstly you want people to beg you for key and now? They need to get your compassion?

Seriously, this is humiliating. I don't know if these stories are real or fake but come on..

Then dont post
2 beta keys left!
I DONT USE IRC, if someone by my name offers you keys its a impostor.(I only post here and in-game as Manoka and ManokaHC)
"
Justified2 wrote:
Does it have to be a sad story?
Not like everyone in their life has a provable sad story
Since its all in that past
And a normal human would attempt to bury their depressing past

Either ways. (An attempt at a story)

Help a brother out, if you've got key(s) then at least give one to me

I've got time to burn and I would gladly burn that time to improve this games system

I don't have any huge story to offer that could relate to the beta key
My life doesn't hang on a plain key, but I will be attentive to improving the game
Thats why I wish to have a key

Everyone has sad stories
Doesnt have to be death or cancer related
Could be the time when you saw a girl you really wanted
You failed at a math test that woulda gotten u an a for the semester etc etc
2 beta keys left!
"
Pretor3 wrote:

Sick or not...

Is not the whole world sick? Look at some stories.
Do not they diserve to get a key (even only one of them), almost no one have had ever heared those!
They had bad times (or good).

Now they can have something (even such a "nothing" like the beta key), they will have sometihg from their lives, for their stories, that no on had ever heard of. So BE QUIET AND READ!
You maby will find some of them interesting.
Haha.
Last edited by Aesthetic on Aug 24, 2011, 9:42:47 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info