[HC][SC] [1.0.0] KayeOsse's CI CRIT Ranger Guide (ROA,LA) 7k+ ES, 23k ROA, 79k Frenzy Ranger

Hey!

Just want to report back to exchange experience with this build. I got into this about a month ago, and i been playing with it regulary.
Its a absolutely great build, and the guide gives a nice insight into how to tackle the buildup and the options you can choose from. It is however not an easy faceroll toon your creating. You have to suit your playstyle to its characteristics.

Here is my current char, StreetsOfRage:

CI Crit Ranger

Stats are
6600es ingame without vaalpact
22k dps sa
28k dps freny

Comming from a kaoms/thunderfist lightning arrow build, with 6k hp and 30% mitigation from armor, this build feels alot squisher when hit.
The amount of energy shield being taken away per hit gave me an uneasy feeling alot of times, while at the same time the life leech puts up a massive amout of regeneration.
I personaly feel the need to get up to 7k es, since i cant overcome certain sitiuations where im not in a position to reliably leech life.
Good examples are maze map boss vaal when he unleashes his falling rock attack, and your still beyond visual range, and temple piety when she starts to dish out several attacks at once, and you havent yet crossed the long drawn out hallway towards her gallery.
Also, confrontation with tougher flicker strike champs in certain numbers and even lower map bosses like overgrown ruins flicker strike spider, when augmented with certain dmg mods, need special attention and a healty amount of respect.
Leapslam blacksmith can be a norty fellow aswell.

I had to deal with stun. I tried eye of chayula, which obviously worked flawlessly, but took away the great ammu slot. I now opted to spend points into the stun negation cluster below the ranger starting area. This works quite well for me.

Mana regen required special attention from my side. I am using one mana flask on normal maps, while i swap in a second on -50% or no mana regen maps. A fellow ci crit ranger of mine even uses three flask as his default setup, iirc.
The passive tree mana leech node plus the mana regen provided by auxium, didnt gave me enough mana leech to sustain my frenzy barrage. This could turn into nasty sitiuations where my attacks, and therefore my life leech would fail without me noticing it. Not good i thought, and so i sacrificed the faster attacks support for my frenzy for a 20/20 mana leech. Good now.

Getting frozen is no real issue, thanks to auxium. I only had one sitiuation just recently where i was forced to log out as a double boss setup on Shore kept me freeze locked, as they both fired their ice spears at me, at a well timed intervall. Cant have it all.

Reflection. Yeah well we hate it, but tbh without it the game would be considerably more boring. Infact, im looking forward to more puzzeling stuff like this.
Ele refl is almost a none issue. I have plenty of threshold to work with, when hitting a ele refl mob.
On ele refl map mods, im usualy switching my weapon ele gem on my splitt arrow to a life leech.
Phys refl is your worst nightmare, as rambo woudld put it. A conscious approach to this is required. I have developed a firing routine, which allowes me to "test" ahead if i might have to deal with a phys refl mod.
I very rarely hold my attack squeezed before i made sure that there is no phys reflector in my vicinity. Things can get out of hand very quickly though, especialy when playing a challanging map with a full party. there is always this uneasy feeling of constant threat.
Phys refl as a map mod is pretty easy to counter as i just switch my quiver to a blackgleam 50%. On top of that im switching splitt arrow, faster projectiles and faster attack out for lighting arrow, lmp and mana leech.
Phys refl is the reason why im not using pierce anymore. What a shame since pirce is such an awesome aoe skill, that i realy didnt wanted to drop it. My two death leveling from 88 to 89 where caused by piercing a phys refl mob. The damage just mutliplies in a uncontrollable manner. Since i switched to faster projectiles, i didnt die.

Thanks again to fallenlegends and his contributors for doin this guide. Keep it up!

tnt IGN: GoldbergVariation
std IGN: SetPhasersToKill
Kay0sse, are you going to be doing a LA crit CI ranger tree when 1.0 comes out? I hope that they at least post the tree a day ahead of time so we can prepare...I have no idea where vaal pact will be at, but I'll have a level 90 ranger to full re spec :D.

Also I've basically finished my build.

5.7k ES (without all the proper ES nodes taken)
60k DPS Frenzy
6.5k DPS LA (chain/lmp/leech)

Gear:
Spoiler

Also my skill tree, which might help some. I had to get a lot of mana, I run 5 aura's, and I have over 60 mana regen from gear/tree. I have 500 available mana though which helps me a lot I can spam LA with chain/lmp/wed (109 mana per cost) :).

Tree:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAdEFtQdjDkgQexEvEVARlhXXFfAZ1RnXHNwhdiT9KjgrCiy_LR8wfDH6Mww2PTnUO-E-z0GHRnFHBkyzUDBRR1ZjVytfKl9qY0NtGW_ycFJw1Xb3erh9dX8rf8aCx4auhs6Ia42_kyeVIJmanaOgn6EioaSiQKKjpcunK6c0p9Suk6_rsTC0DLTFtve71rvjvea-OsBRwFTBAMHFwfPC7MNtxKLKqdN-1QDWiteG2xrbXtwV4dvi9-OE5oHnVOtj6-TsGPLh8-r0-PVL-WP8q_4r_rr-yP_e

Are the any significant changes to this build after 1.0.0?
Hey guys quick update. I haven't forgotten anyone. I received a lot of pms on forums and in-game about an update to this build. I haven't had time to sit down and re-look at everything and do a new build for the patch. Please bare with me, I will be able to do this over the weekend, prob no later then late Friday or early Saturday. Been swamped at work so had no time to do this earlier. Update is coming this weekend, hold on to your free respect or get some regrets handy.
IGN: KayeOsse, Ryuukossei
Shop: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/390077
KayeOsse's Ci Crit Ranger Build: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/471594
www.Twitch.tv/Fall3nLeg3nd
Last edited by Fall3nLEg3nds on Oct 24, 2013, 6:55:53 AM
Great news! Make this build as badass as possible with the new tree!
"My father was a watch maker. He abandoned it when Einstein discovered time is relative. I would only agree that a symbolic clock is as nourishing to the intellect as a photograph of oxygen to a drowning man." - Dr.Manhattan
anything coming yet? Want to go ES looking forward to this build
---Update for 1.0.0 patch---

KeyNotes:
-Removed Leveling guide due to confusion. Either follow the full build or do your own play style until ready to re-spec into main build.
-Removing Split Arrow Option. Lightning Arrow is just a better option
-ES % has been reduced. The way the tree has changed and the high amount of ES that can be attained in gear is very high. This is also accounting for endgame mirror-able items.
- Builds are broken down into 2 different parts. One with Unwavering Stance and the other without.
-Removing Conduit options. Conduit is 4 nodes away from the main branch. IF you want to take it you can but not beneficial
-Some Sections of the build have been removed due to changes of overall build or mechanics that were patched
-Voltaxic Bow is not used in the build. With Vaal act in place Voltaxic is not needed. You will get more Atk spd, dps and more damage since we can now stack other flat elements. In comparison to using voltaxic and being limited to lightning dmg to convert to chaos. This also leaves us more versatile in a defensive aspect. (Vaal Pact, Unwavering, +LL)

Please let me know if anything else needs to be changed. I glanced through on different sections to see if they needed to be re-worded, changed, or removed.

Enjoy the patch guys!
Last edited by Fall3nLEg3nds on Oct 26, 2013, 6:40:33 PM
"
Terimisu wrote:
anything coming yet? Want to go ES looking forward to this build

Just finished
Enjoyed the guide. I'm confused about wear to start putting points. Is there like a 20, 40, 60, 80 suggestions. 117 points on a skill tree is pretty difficult to follow. Any suggestions would be great. Its a really good guide I just don't know what the important features of the build are at certain levels. This game has so many skill points. Its nice because it will never get old.

Cheer,
Jason
Last edited by Reaper_86 on Oct 26, 2013, 9:47:10 PM
"
Reaper_86 wrote:
Enjoyed the guide. I'm confused about wear to start putting points. Is there like a 20, 40, 60, 80 suggestions. 117 points on a skill tree is pretty difficult to follow. Any suggestions would be great. Its a really good guide I just don't know what the important features of the build are at certain levels. This game has so many skill points. Its nice because it will never get old.

Cheer,
Jason

I had leveling builds in place but I had a backlash of individuals state they didn't like going into those and then using so many regrets to start the main build. If more people want it I will place another leveling build for the new tree.

Last edited by Fall3nLEg3nds on Oct 27, 2013, 1:51:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info