[HC][SC] [1.0.0] KayeOsse's CI CRIT Ranger Guide (ROA,LA) 7k+ ES, 23k ROA, 79k Frenzy Ranger

great job with what you posted. But honestly do you really expect people to use 80 regrets to go from your 1-80 skill tree to the end game skill tree. That is like 2 exalts worth just to change to end game.
"
papas88063 wrote:
great job with what you posted. But honestly do you really expect people to use 80 regrets to go from your 1-80 skill tree to the end game skill tree. That is like 2 exalts worth just to change to end game.

I did say it would cost alot of regrets. The alternative is to go with the end game build from the beginning but deal with less es. You wont have high survivability. Only way that it is possible is if you got good ES gear from the get go. Hp is more dominate earlier game. This is suppose to be an endgame build over all.
IGN: KayeOsse, Ryuukossei
Shop: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/390077
KayeOsse's Ci Crit Ranger Build: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/471594
www.Twitch.tv/Fall3nLeg3nd
Last edited by Fall3nLEg3nds on Jul 22, 2013, 4:21:03 AM
"
ChrispieD wrote:
Wonder why the best new passive added to ranger gets ignored :P . That is 30% avoid being stunned, which should bring the stun avoidance up to 80%. That gives you 2.5 times more chance to avoid stun than your current build :)

Secondly. Do you have to spam mana pots while shooting, since the mana leech is like 12.5% of max mana per second (2/3 of the needs).

This builds looks like it gets oneshotted by crit reflect, and that is with the extremely expensive gear. Why not go for vaals pact? Exctremely high chance of getting shocked since CI makes it even more dangerous. Not having dispel shock pots also makes it very dangerous.

With the choise of expanding the mana pool, why not go for less ES and more armor? You should be able to run both determ and grace, by using alphas howl. The inc. mana pool should also increase the mana leech to use less mana pots.

One thing to note is that shavs would make you go low life, which would bring huge dmg increase from blood rage.

So what I would do instead of going on adventure on the left side of the skill tree is to get vaals pact, iron reflexes and the 2 inc. mana nodes close to ironreflexes. Also as mentioned I would get the avoid being stunned nodes :).

Now if the mana pots wouldn't be needed anymore they could be replaced with something like diamond flasks.

Those are my thoughts ;)

As the build is now, I see it like a supporter.

The layout of the build is very nice looking and easy to find in. These kind of ranger builds has the potential of getting extremely good, so keed up the creative thinking :) Nice to see more and more people going ranger crit.

I'm not really ignoring any passives. The new rework leaves rangers with a lot of possibilities. This is 1 version of the build. As stated many times if you find something you prefer by all means go for it.

As for mana issues, No I do not have to spam mana pots. There is enough Mana leech from Mind drinker and enough Mana regen to spam ROA or Split Arrow. The reason I have mana pots is to aid in spamming frenzy when focusing rares/Bosses also to have dispel bleeding/frozen and chilled. I haven't had any issue with shock. Frozen and puncture are a greater threat then shock. You can add a Dispel Shock pot if you wish just with my experience with 76-77 maps the combo I use is preferred.

Phys Refl is going to be an issue. As with any build it's always going to be a weap against 1 of the reflects. Phys refl packs can 1 shit you if you shoot blindly. Hence why I choose not to go Split arrow. I like to have control over where I shoot so I choose ROA to do the job. If you aim into a pack and it's phys ref, and the hit is a crit hit. Yes you can 2 Shot yourself from my experience. Frenzy the single target also hurts but you can easily take 4-5 crit hits and 2-3 hits is enough to melt a Rare with the refl mod on it.

Shavs has been noted in the build as well. I left it up to preference. I rather have more ES then more dps to be honest. The build already does more then it needs to. I do not want to sacrifice ES over DPS.

I agree with you with Vaal Pact but the nodes required to get there is too many. You will lose out on either ES/Resis/DPS when choosing to go there. Again personal preference the build can be altered for it but you will not have High es which is a nice so your not squishy.

The build is far from supporter, if your tentative to everything you can run around like a Boss. I've already face tanked some hard rares/bosses with the build which includes Crema Boss and Piety. Again this revolves around a players game play and how tentative they are. If you running around like your GI JOE and shooting everywhere, that's not the way to play.

Last note on Diamond Flask (trying to hit all your points), I tried diamond fl;ask and was not happy with it. There was no clear gain-age from using it. Critical Hits with it and without it looked very much the same. So I just choose to opt out of it. IF you wish to use it then by all means go for it.
"
rhtmxhq8 wrote:
A lot of my CI people I see go Vaal Pact. Whats the difference between using Vaal Pact and not using it? Is there huge pros and cons?

Life leech + Ghost Reaver = Life conversion to Energy shield being leeched in an over time fashion after damage is done to monsters.

Life leech + Ghost Reaver + Vaal Pact = Is the same but the ES Leech is Instant instead of over time. Both are good. IF you have played a ROA Ranger you should be used to a leech over time method which is enough to keep your ES at the top. Vaal Pact is just personal preference if you want the effect to be instant.
upgraded rainbowstrides from 189 tro 200%/99. Good ES Increase hitting 7200+ atm
Gear has been updated
Last edited by Fall3nLEg3nds on Jul 23, 2013, 8:41:49 PM
Fixed some edges in the build. Re-worked build links not to show entire link. Someone messaged me saying copying and pasting was a hassle since it spreads out across the post.
Now easily accessible by clicking the "Click Here" text
Last edited by Fall3nLEg3nds on Jul 24, 2013, 10:57:37 AM
"
Fall3nLEg3nds wrote:
"
rhtmxhq8 wrote:
A lot of my CI people I see go Vaal Pact. Whats the difference between using Vaal Pact and not using it? Is there huge pros and cons?

Life leech + Ghost Reaver = Life conversion to Energy shield being leeched in an over time fashion after damage is done to monsters.

Life leech + Ghost Reaver + Vaal Pact = Is the same but the ES Leech is Instant instead of over time. Both are good. IF you have played a ROA Ranger you should be used to a leech over time method which is enough to keep your ES at the top. Vaal Pact is just personal preference if you want the effect to be instant.

vaal pact at 6k + hp or ES is useless imo. u can leech good enough to stay alive w/o it coz leech cap is at 17.5%? oe 20% of max pool? im not sure but something around it... anyway, i tested it and its playable w/o vaal pact on 2 of my characters with CI... leeching 1.2k hp or ES is enough to play safely. ;) if reflects can kill you, your death will be the same with or without it since reflect applies before leech :)

gj Kaye for nice guide :) glad i could help.
i will let every1 know how is the dps with the imperial linked before compared to lioneye and prove that its playable w/o lioneye ;))
IGN: UbogiMurarz
Last edited by adi00000 on Jul 24, 2013, 3:54:10 PM
^
Now this is a great thread! Awesome stuff, thanks. Indeed CI now looks very viable.

To be very clear: The idea is to spec the life build first, just as per your links, it is only much later, end game that you respec out of the life build into CI which is way different on the passive tree.

To save some regrets for respeccing one could respec earlier? I have not tested this!!! Lets say at level 60? Maybe? Maybe not?
Last edited by Kenza on Jul 25, 2013, 3:19:23 PM
"
Kenza wrote:
Now this is a great thread! Awesome stuff, thanks. Indeed CI now looks very viable.

To be very clear: The idea is to spec the life build first, just as per your links, it is only much later, end game that you respec out of the life build into CI which is way different on the passive tree.

To save some regrets for respeccing one could respec earlier? I have not tested this!!! Lets say at level 60? Maybe? Maybe not?

Yes, Hp is more dominant early game so it will help when leveling. Yes you can always respec earlier. Only respec when you feel comfortable and have some good/decent ES gear ready.
Hope you enjoy it. Just helped Gankstaboo theory craft a similar CI build and hes bringing it on ONS. So you'll see another variation coming up soon with his post, but all are viable and ready to be used on any league. Just pick your poison.

Update: Fixed Frenzy Gems. Seems I linked wrong gems completely.

ANy other questions, drop em in a post. Will gladly help.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info