New patching tech and Melbourne fan meetup

The GGG vs Blizz patching comparison was obviously PoE vs D3 patches. WoW makes them much more money so of course money grubbing Acti-Blizz pushes patches a little better for that game. Still not the same level of constant support GGG shows.

Easy to spot the WoW players in this thread. Flew right over your heads.
ॐ "Metal Gear!?!?!?" ॐ
Onslaught: FixinToDie + Awnslot
"
Fluffhead wrote:
The GGG vs Blizz patching comparison was obviously PoE vs D3 patches. WoW makes them much more money so of course money grubbing Acti-Blizz pushes patches a little better for that game. Still not the same level of constant support GGG shows.

Easy to spot the WoW players in this thread. Flew right over your heads.

It's all more or less irrelevant.

WoW/D3 gets patches what, every 6+ months? That's all that matters.

Looking forward to meeting some devs and other players in Melbourne.
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
As much as this is fucking brilliant... id like to say that to reach such genius tech it takes allot of time and effort... which could be spent on desync

Dark Age of Camelot had hot fixes 10 years ago. This isn't "genius new tech."

Desynch isn't worked on by the entire team.

Edit: Also, game changing patches wont be done this way. Bug fixes and balance change wont be done this way, only secondary things that can not be exploited.
IGN = Dellusions_Duelist
Last edited by Dellusions on Jul 18, 2013, 12:53:23 PM
"

How about board game cafes? I'm thinking of bringing a rather fun little card game that destroys all semblance of decency but definitely brings people together in their shared depravity.

Calling it now, Cards Against Humanity?

EDIT: Beaten to it by like-minded individuals. :D
Last edited by Chittebengo on Jul 18, 2013, 12:54:16 PM
"
Chris wrote:
Players can continue to play with the old client version until they next run the game

1) Could you exploit this by having unactive account logged in for few hours, stalking (forums) for new uniques if there is gamebreaking stuff (like infernal mantle), lets say unique for glorious plate, rolling thousand(s) of chance orbs and not being able to get the new unique?

2) Could you play days[or week(s)] with old patch in case of nerf hitting your build, just leaving computer on when not active?

Just 2 quick examples of abusing this, not sure if patching without restart is really worth it =o
For me those realm restarts due patches are one of the best experiences with PoE, dunno rly why, but it just makes me reaaaally excited :p
Last edited by Jyssi on Jul 18, 2013, 4:02:15 PM
I have a question for GGG. What if you are partying with people and some have the patch up to date and others don't? Will this cause issues?
Best results as Ranger
rank 29 (1 Hr Lethal TI Solo (S02E148))
rank 40 (2 Hr Fixed Seed Solo (S02E249))
rank 49 (1 Hour BLAMT Solo (S02E258))
Well as a Melbournian who frequents a number of the local bars I can safely say it isn't going to be easy to find somewhere quiet that sells booze and is underage friendly on a Saturday evening. I will keep racking my brain though and come back with any suggestions.

I assume somewhere in the CBD is the most convenient for the majority of those coming?
Come t' Barnsley UK.
Awesome to see the fast progress :3
But sadly not what Ima waitin for yet, cant wait for the information bout dem new skill inc °_° GGG I dont know if I can survive that any longer, the new skills are the only solution to keep me alive, GGG plis halp ;_;
man i'm jealous. It would be fun to have a few beers with some PoE community members.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info