Patch 0.11.2 deployment success, Twitch Streaming and Extra Gore!

"
NeOZealouS wrote:

Really...? Really?! If you have as many chars at that high of level and spent that many hours, then that would mean you have gear to EASILY lvl to 70 in 30 hours of game time.

And you were also the person who ended up with that type of skill tree after the patch... Once again I ask WHY ARE YOU PUTTING THAT MANY SKILL POINTS IN TO GET A CHAOS RES NODE THAT NO ONE GETS ANYWAY??!!

You have that many chars that high of levels and don't know how to make a good build? Shame on you for getting mad because you got caught trying to get a free respec too.

Shame on me? When mana flows moved they gave everyone a free respec who had mana flows, they told people mana flows was moving. I had mana flows on 3 characters anyway, they all got respecs, I tried new builds, experimented with things, many people did this, it was fun and healthy for the game. Many people specced mana flows just to get the respec, theres no shame in that. Chris said before this patch they were thinking of giving everyone a full respec, presumably for some of the reasons I have mentioned among others.

I have characters levelled to heights you cant get to without a good build so Im not going to rise to your comment. If you are trying to imply Im too lazy to put in the time and effort to level new characters, Im pretty sure Ive got more hours logged than you and more characters levelled higher, if not youre probably in the top 1% of players in that regard.

Yes I believe on principal, where this game is at and what it is about that we should all have been given a respec, and should be given further ones in future. Not at specific times we can bank on a year in advance, but certainly whenever a decent change is made to enable new builds. This game is full of time wasters that just kill it, if my anger seems disproportionate on this occasion its because in my mind this is just another straw on the heap of time wasters and roadblocks in this game that drive me mad. In the interests of not writing a novel Im not going to go right into it, but from rolling sockets to rolling maps to rolling characters this game just forces you into endless, shit grinding, not good grinding, shit trivial grinding to get shit trivial stuff together so you can start to do something fun and it drives me mad and ruins so many aspects of the game. Oh there go another 40 fusing and my hat didnt link, there go another 10 regrets, oh look maybe if I specced that different... there goes a lvl81 character, 4 exalts of map rolling and 60+ hours of my time rerolling... sigh.

"
Schn1tt3r wrote:

That is ENTIRELY your fault. My brother did the same with 3 of his chars. He read that the CHAOS RESIST node would be moved closer to Duelist, and he used Regret orbs to go to that node thinking YEEEAHH FREEE RESPEC. All three of his chars looks like that for trying to trick the system. You did it too thinking it would give you a free respec and that is what you get. I, on the other hand, went all the way into the Shield Block nodes so I did get a respec on my Marauder.

Any way, my lvl 67 Ranger has been retired since this passive tree change is even worse to me (as a Lioneye user) than it was before. Good news for Shadow Rangers who can transverse on the outer rightmost branch and get all the good stuff while Rangers are stuck with the crap accuracy nodes to get to them.

no, not trick, use the same method that was used in previous patches to ensure a respec on your char who was invested in an area that was changing, a way that was commonly known and used much to peoples joy in this game that is supposed to be fun.

I agree the ranger is still crap. A ranger who is life based needs, surprise, life and life regen. she got 1%, she needs about 3% (min imo, more like 5%), so its still a trip to the marauder. Dual wielding weapons is all about cleave and dual strike, ele is attack speed king so cleaver needs catalyse, cleaver needs amplify, cleaver needs life, all other side of the tree. Bow users, there is no bow phys gem, you use wed, you are ele, you need catalyse, if you are RoA you need amplify, if you are life based you need trolls blood, gollems blood... ranger is still crap imo at just about everything.
Please make the twitch streams on the race ladder pages silent by default.

I hate when my browser start to talk like some fat guy.

I understand how much effort you have put into integrating your game client with twitch.tv. Of course you want everyone to notice it, but please consider, that there are many players who don't watch streams. Some simply HATE streams & get dissapointed when some naked guy playing PoE appears every time they change page in the forum thread.

The best new feature would be an option to disable any streams on the web-site...
Last edited by Anubioz on Jul 16, 2013, 2:04:04 PM
GJ with ranger area! It's awesome in many different ways, too busy to elaborate atm :P

Next area you should work is between shadow and ranger, theres no reason to go there really. Mana geysir is nice but rest (middle) area is just plain crap compared to any other area between of classes x and y.

Patch is nice as always, keep up the awsum work :3
I don´t agree with posibility to buy extra gore ( microtransactions)! Why? It is destroying uniques (Carnage Heart)!
ROBYN_HOODED - RANGER - HARDCORE (playing)
Yochanan - SHADOW - RIP
JOCHANAN - DUELIST - RIP
"
Vrzalik wrote:
I don´t agree with posibility to buy extra gore ( microtransactions)! Why? It is destroying uniques (Carnage Heart)!

The gore microtransaction can be used on weapons, along with a weapon effect and all instances of 'Extra Gore' from items also stack with the gore micro effect, so you get even more Gore than before! :)

EDIT BY CHRIS: Henry is mistaken, unfortunately.
"
Redblade wrote:
Don't need your free regrets nor do I want them, I want GGG to own up to their poor decision and change their policy to refund dead pathway nodes when doing a redesign like this.

Really because it looks more like YOU need to own up to YOUR poor decision to spend extra points on useless nodes to try and get an entire respec for FREE....
"
Redblade wrote:
"
aldorus wrote:
They had absolutely clearly stated that the character will receive a free respec only in case his new build has discontinuities.

Your new build does not have discontinuities. So, you get no respec. To put it simple - nice try to speculate on free respec but the plan backfired and the regrets is the price.

In my opinion, this solution GGG put in place was the best in regards of fair play concerning the keystone allocation challenge. Which is probably the reason behind you speculating on that chaos resist node.

Fair play would be to refund the 3 (or any amount if in another place) dead pathway nodes, this simply as the dead pathway nodes are discontinued.

As far as fair with regards to the challenges I'd say it's unfair from the get go as you have alpha testers that could benefit from it for sure and others that invested more that got a free respec. If you wanted fair in this regard they would have had to delay the changes until the 4 months was up...

"
NeOZealouS wrote:
So true.. I actually find it quite funny because people on reddit and even threads on here were trying to figure out "how many points do I need to allocate to get a free respec." Everyone that just went into the chaos res node got caught and backfired in their face lol. Funniest part about it is, Redblade is being quite verbal about it and if you check his threads, he just sold a 6L shavs... He has plenty of currency to have gone further in and gotten a free respec.

Too bad =/

Stalk much?

Anyway, me selling a 6L Shav's have little to nothing to do with this. I hope if this policy is unchanged that you end up with a huge chunk of unused pathway nodes in an upcoming change so you might realize it's a poor policy in the first place.

This just keeps getting better and better. Please continue Redblade, I think you missed that little spot of credibility you had left over there...
"
Henry_GGG wrote:
"
Vrzalik wrote:

The gore microtransaction can be used on weapons, along with a weapon effect and all instances of 'Extra Gore' from items also stack with the gore micro effect, so you get even more Gore than before! :)

I would recommend putting this on the micro transaction so people know that it will stack. I wasn't going to buy it at first since I already had a Carcass Jack. Now that i know it stacks I'm buying it ASAP.
"
Henry_GGG wrote:
"
Vrzalik wrote:

I didn´t know that. Thanks for answer! :-)
ROBYN_HOODED - RANGER - HARDCORE (playing)
Yochanan - SHADOW - RIP
JOCHANAN - DUELIST - RIP

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info