SND: Creative X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty champion
HD: 2x Intel 80 gig SSDs in raid, 2 640 gig for storage
Network: 10mb wireless
awesome looking patch. thanks ggg
@BokheimOP 91 Witch HC
twitch.tv/nofanau
"
Qarl wrote:
Iron Reflexes now no longer includes your Dexterity bonus to Evasion from your Evasion before it is converted to Armour.

Seems like everyone commenting on this stopped reading after the first part. The second part is there for a reason.

GGG can correct me if I am wrong, but it sounds like Dexterity acted like a MORE multiplier.

So it would go from this:
IR Armor = (Evasion * Dexterity bonus) * (Evasion passives + Armor passives + Evasion/Armor passives)

To this:
IR Armor = (Evasion) * (Dexterity bonus + Evasion passives + Armor passives + Evasion/Armor passives)
"
Slider13 wrote:
Nerfing ES passives is horrible and shouldn't be done. The problem as always, and you don't get it, is that a piece of ES gear shouldn't be able to have 1000 ES on it. This is the exact same problem with Kaoms Heart. You have passives that are % based and you allow single hp/es stats to be ridiculously high, making any nerf to %s bigger for those that don't have best in slot gear and just a mere nuisance to those with the best gear. If you want to fix ES, lower the % bonus that gear can roll or the flat additional, don't nerf the stats that everyone relies on.

This is especially disappointing to anyone who either is or was thinking of playing a CI melee build with hybrid gear. it's that much harder to get the right amount of ES and armor now to survive, but for those that run and hide after they cast their totems, no big deal right?

Bridge the game between gear, don't screw people with passives "fixes".

This.

"
tmaciak wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:

Twitch Streaming:

With bazillions of problems pending, you wasted yours devs time on this useless feature? I'm very disappointed...

Also This.

I've never complained about the game in a post before, but every time a patch comes out, it ends up benefiting the lifers and is detrimental to those of us who have to work real jobs while spending our free time playing this game. I get that you guys want this game to be hardcore, but it's really starting to feel like the ones you care about are the no lifers, and most (not all) of them aren't the ones who give you guys donations. Maybe this isn't the place to speak up, but honestly each time it's a wedge between me and the game.
Anarchy/Onslaught T shirt
Domination/Nemesis T shirt
Tempest/War Bands T shirt
ranger is OP. Nerf please. LOL
Increased damage to all versions of Fire Fury? Then this includes crematorium boss Megaera? LOL

1% reflect reduction? Why? Was not needed and its not like it will be noticeable.

I suppose projectile weakness + reflect dmg = more dmg from reflected projectiles now? Just like ondars guile is taking reflected projectiles into account ...

oh and nice patch overall, btw

I love the fact spell block / spell dodge works with reflect + ondars guile with reflected projectiles ^^

[quote="DirkAustin"]They can always make a loser league where Monsters do no damage and you one shot everything. Goodness, people, just don't play in the hard parts of the game if you cant handle them.[/quote]

Last edited by JahIthBerTirUmMalLumKoKoMal on Jul 15, 2013, 2:24:42 AM
todella mielenkiintoinen ranger tulossa
PoE = best arpg right now. nuff said.
IGN:SorXeress
"
cakezsensei wrote:
But yet Ci will continue to be extremely dominant when it comes to the Health Vs. Ci choice... I personally chose life but it just seems so lame.

Yeah I have to agree here. Using a staff you can still easily hit 8K ES with half decent CI gear, yet life still struggles to break 5K. I don't know how much of a nerf CI really needs/needed, but life needed a buff.

The change to Iron Reflexes was more of a nerf for life based IR builds, considering builds that utilize CI and IR get a ton of % evasion and armor from the combined evasion/armor/ES nodes.

Lastly the modifications to reflect are alright, but considering they don't apply to maps, the CI/Vaal Pact combo still reigns king for mapping because life based builds are punished to the extreme. If you go life with the expectation of doing damage in maps, you're basically unable to get any major bonuses to direct damage (non trap, minion etc.) otherwise you can easily one shot yourself, and then you still need to invest heavily in % life based nodes.

It would be really cool to see some discussion from the game designers on how they're able to successfully play test life based builds in maps without dying, while doing moderate damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info