0.11.2 Patch Notes

"

This is a fair call, but I've seen much higher level folk make it work through Merciless (Which i did in CB anyway, and that was back when we had four difficulty levels), using the standard mix of pieces: evasion, blocking, blocking, enfeeble/temporal chains, etc.

I must stipulate that I still don't consider Maps compulsory as 'end-game', so if you want to play them, you'll probably want to do your research and make a character that is somewhat min-maxy to handle it.

That's right -- I don't think a character needs to be able to handle Maps to be considered viable. If your opinion varies, that's fine. But for me the game 'ends' at Act 3 merciless. With the future of Act3Ex and other expansions in mind, the prevalence of Maps can only drop. Thus I simply don't build around them.

I was not aware of this game in CB, so I'm not really able to comment on that, but it was my understanding that the HP nodes were still 8%. That's why IR became way more mandatory for higher levels, due to crits and the armor formula that tends to fall off without absurd amounts.

A lot of people are not pleased with the CI mini-nerf, but I believe this IR nerf hits life players harder. If you had 300 dex, that is 60% IR armor that just got lost in a blip. I didn't even run IR prior to the 11 patch, I used 7 endurance charges, but those also each got a 20% nerf at the time.

I'll tell ya right now, this is the first ARPG I fell in love with. I'm old enough to remember when Diablo 2 came out, and Diablo 1 as well, but they just didn't really do it for me. I love doing maps (solo) on this game, and the loot has nothing to do with it. It's about playing zones with completely different enemies and modifiers and seeing if I can survive through it. If I had the option to do that from the beginning, I would. That's what makes descent races so much fun.

I believe they would have a lot less unhappy people if they would give everyone affected by -any- node changes respecs. If you are a life templar who traveled the long road to IR, this is a real kick in the balls. There are now a lot of better ways you could have spent those points, and it would take someone like me weeks to grind up the regrets to spec out. It's like a forced reroll, and I think that is a bit problematic.
Anarchy/Onslaught T shirt
Domination/Nemesis T shirt
Tempest/War Bands T shirt
What if IR just negated the Dexterity bonus by 50% instead of completely removing the bonus?
"
If you are a life templar who traveled the long road to IR

what would possess a templar travel to IR?
Too much of anything is bad, but too much Path of Exile is barely enough.
"
kolp wrote:
"
elwindakos wrote:
Fact after 41 pages.

You still will have way more Es than life.Nuff said.People will always qq in any change.

Ps.You know all of you are part of a beta right?Where changes and other things happen,right?

Oh you didnt.

Ok

one day, people will realize that you can obtain a higher eHP with es/life gear by not going ci. Takes better gear, but wins out

It dosent win out unless you get nothing but HP and ES nodes... lifeleech will be alot worse since its base of your max ES or HP (not both at same time) unless your vaal pact but you cant go vaal pact as you cant use life pots/regen + there are alot other problems with it.
IGN: eLdiLdoRadO
Last edited by takeme on Jul 15, 2013, 8:33:12 PM
gief patch pls?? :(
My biggest problem with this game is still the desync issues.
"Im just Path of Exile-ing my way through college." -Me
Still don't understand why IR is nerfed. Not mad or anything but melee is underpowered enough as it is. The game is completely dominated by ranged (CI) characters. I love the evasion buffs and the changes to the Ranger tree but as long as melee is underpowered and CI remains dominant all around over HP I don't understand why you would nerf IR. Doesn't make any sense at all to me. I've done some calculations and my char will lose out on 20/25% armour because of this nerf. And i'm already getting smashed around like a baws.
"
takeme wrote:
"
kolp wrote:
"
elwindakos wrote:
Fact after 41 pages.

You still will have way more Es than life.Nuff said.People will always qq in any change.

Ps.You know all of you are part of a beta right?Where changes and other things happen,right?

Oh you didnt.

Ok

one day, people will realize that you can obtain a higher eHP with es/life gear by not going ci. Takes better gear, but wins out

It dosent win out unless you get nothing but HP and ES nodes... lifeleech will be alot worse since its base of your max ES or HP (not both at same time) unless your vaal pact but you cant go vaal pact as you cant use life pots/regen + there are alot other problems with it.

add me in game if you want proof
"The Eye of Ra appears against you,
His force is powerful against you.
She devours you, she punishes you
In this her name 'Devouring Flame."
-Anubis Hotep
i don't see a fix for the annoying friendslist join/offline/partyjoin/partyleave msgs that are ontop of the item box.
@BatmanVoll
"
"
golan4840 wrote:
All forms of damage mitigation work against reflect.. So that means I can use enfeeble for less damage that will be reflected?

Curious to this too. But I dont think so tbh, because that effects the monsters own dmg, not your own that is reflected, the same way map mods dont make reflect do more dmg.
Correct. Enfeeble reduces the monster's damage, not yours. it will have no effect on your own damage being reflected back to you.
"
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:
General Balance:
  • Spell Block and Spell Dodge now apply to reflected Spell damage.
I have a question regarding Tempest Shield. If I deal damage to a monster, the damage is reflected, and then I block it, do I deal Tempest Shield damage to myself?

This! This is interesting! Though I suppose it would be considered a monster attack using your own damage / skill type base (projectile, attack, spell, aoe) and you would just have more chances of dealing damage to them with reflect
The reflected damage is coming from you, if tempest shield were to do anything, it'd be hurting you since you blocked your own damage. It does not do this (or anything else for reflected damage).

"
Damage reflection has been reworked. All forms of damage mitigation should now work against it.

Werent armor and resists already working? I am doubt in now ... what do you mean by this?
Yes, they were. Spell Dodge and Ondar's Guile were not, along with a few other conditional modifiers to defences (there's a unique that gives bonus armour against projectiles, I believe).
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
I think this should be a specific drawback on the keystone, however, and not a rule. In general, conversion bonuses apply; for a conversion bonus not to apply, it should be specifically spelled out (e.g. Iron Reflexes gains "Your Evasion no longer benefits from points in Dexterity.") I won't be happy if this technicality is hidden.
Of course it says that. I'm baffled that anyone would think it might not. This is a new property of the keystone, in addition to it converting evasion rating to armour, it negates the increased evasion bonus from dex.
"
D3adGh0st wrote:
"
Damage reflection has been reworked. All forms of damage mitigation should now work against it.

Does this mean Arctic Armour now works for reflected fire and physical dmg?
Yes, among other things.
"
Doushibag wrote:
"Added a very short delay to Lightning Warp"
How short is very short? Lightning Warp fails a lot, will be nice if this fixes it. Thanks.
A tenth of a second, currently. It may be adapted based on feedback as to how well that works under the latency conditions you guys experience.
"
Pregapago wrote:
"
Sheriff_K wrote:
Didn't Shock always affect Reflect damage? o_0

I would like clarification on this.

"
Modifiers to damage taken, such as Shock, will also affect reflected damage.

Does this mean pre 0.11.2:

if you were shocked and took reflect damage that that the reflected amount was not increased by the shock stacks?
Correct. When damage was reflected to you, it was entirely outside the regular damge processing functions, and thus was unaffected by any modifiers to the damage you take, such as being shocked, Arctic Armour, or that unique that means you take 25% of physical damage as chaos.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info