[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

U can also try Purity of Lightning instead of Elements for an Additional 3-4% max resist (lvl 19-20) - reducing the Damage of those Bosses further.

Also Enfeeble works quite well, reducing the Amount of damage dealt by an additional 25+% (depends on how much u can level it). At those bosses, this Curse would be my way to go.

Temp Chains works also, because it gives you more time to leech between the spells.

Working on an slightly different Build for myself. Currently lvl 58 and its easy to level till act 3 Merc. I did this often in open beta, but i always ended up with transitions to other Builds. This time, i go for the endgame :)

Nice Guide, keep it up!
NurbelST Level 97 Low Life Animate Weapon (Standart)
DerNurbler Level 96 Low Life Animate Weapon (Talisman/Standart)
Animate_Weapon_for_Life (Essence)

Thank you Nurbel!
Good luck with your build! I've always encouraged players to create and play their own ( possibly unique) builds, for me that's 75% of the fun that this game has to offer.

About the enfeeble - it is nice indeed.. but with this build it's hard to get enough int to level up the curse.

And on an unrelated subject adressed to.. idk.. anyone who is interested...
I've made an IIQ/IIR Piety Farming Build... i've been refusing to make one utill last week when i've finaly gave up to the curiosity... So i'm planning to make yet another guide.. this time by the name :
"How To Farm Piety. Guide for a IIQ/IIR Melee Piety Runner."
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Jan 22, 2014, 7:19:15 PM
just wondering, is it better to use aegis aurora with a armor+es+life chest? wont this give more effective hp than using lioneye's remorse and astral plate?

this build is awesome =D
Last edited by aznphreak on Jan 23, 2014, 12:31:27 AM
For this build - i'm not sure. You need the AR/ES chest to have life too and you'll have less survivability vs large hits.

For a build that uses these items you might want to see my CI Facebreaker Witch Build :)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/606841
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
"
KorgothBG wrote:
For this build - i'm not sure. You need the AR/ES chest to have life too and you'll have less survivability vs large hits.

For a build that uses these items you might want to see my CI Facebreaker Witch Build :)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/606841

I have a character with that build, I feel like the life build has more potential because you can stack hp and es at the same time if you get enough chaos resist. Also armor/es chest, you can find a chest with around 1200 armor + 200-300es + around 90life, you dont lose out much on armor compare to a pure armor chest.
Last edited by aznphreak on Jan 23, 2014, 1:45:19 PM
Well you can never actualy reach the ES pool of a CI character with Life or Life/ES Facebreaker ( given you have absolutely max posible items for both builds). And that's very important vs hard hitting bosses.
+ The Vaal Pact of a CI build is just superior in many ways ( i'll just mention reflect )
Last edited by KorgothBG on Jan 23, 2014, 1:29:34 PM
"
KorgothBG wrote:
Well you can never actualy reach the ES pool of a CI character with Life or Life/ES Facebreaker ( given you have absolutely max posible items for both builds). And that's very important vs hard hitting bosses.
+ The Vaal Pact of a CI build is just superior in many ways ( i'll just mention reflect )

sorry what I meant was with CI build the only items you can potentially upgrade are chest,rings and ammy where as the life build you can potentially use switch around between a 5L+abyssus and BOR when you dont have a 6L chest, and rare shield with decent block + resists+life if you are lacking resists, also since you are using rare shoes, it has alot of room to upgrade as well. Also when I mentioned using a armor/es chest, I was comparing it with a pure armor chest of this build. you dont lose out on much armor when you use an es/armor chest but you gain addition es. sorry for bothering you so much, just have been trying different things and dunno which one works the best. and thx for the reply =D

Well when you put it that way you are right of course :)
Certainly with a life build there is more.. flexability.. when it comes to gear.. which results in alot less currency spend on items.
With a CI build basicly the only thing that you can change is the shield - you can choose between Aegis Aurora and a High ES/Block Titanium Shield.. and pretty much that's all.

About the ES/AR chest vs AR only chest ... i don' know... i mean to make a use of the ES part of the chest you need Aegis Aurora. and if you don't have Lioneye's Remorse AND a Pure AR chest then you'll actualy lose huge amounts of Armour ( and probably 200-300 total life ). So i'm not sure if it is better ... it won't be much worse of course... but i'm not sure if it is better.
thats true the 1.2k armor difference between aegis and lioneye does make a difference, i guess its just my own preference then hehe =P thx again for your reply =)
I appreciate the guide, but you might want to rewrite the merc bandit part. It makes absolutely no sense.
"
What can say... you won't be using any charges at all so killing all bandts would be the right decision. Helping Oak is the best choice in Merciless since you'll be casting Enduring Cry with your trigger support gem.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info