[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

Oh well, thanks for the heads up, more farming ahead then :)
I have 797% Facebreakers, Abyssus, meginords, 5-10 on one ring, 10-19 on the other, 12-21 on my amulet, all gems lvl 19, (5L: Inf, FA, MPhysdmg, Splash and Manaleech) and 556 strength:

This "only" gives me 11K dps, going to 15K with hatred (low lvl? 15 I believe).

That is way off 40K dmg too.

Now I know, that ring that only brings 5-10 isn't really helping and probably the reason I'm not at 14K unbuffed, but I honestly don't see how I could ever get to 30K dps even.

I know you said you are better off with MS in there, but it kind of makes me a sitting duck against bosses that simply run away and use ranged attacks, so I rather keep it out till I get a 6L (if I ever... - Domination isn't going to last much longer)

This build can be done cheaply and I really enjoyed it. But I do think the prices in the first post are quite ways off. Abyssus, Meginord and the Lioneyes are all rather expensive for a first character. >790% facebreakers are well over 20 Chaos as well...
Well for the prices i've stated
"( The prices are for Standard League, and are based on a market research on 1.11.2013 )"

The prices are different now i guess...

About the damage... well what can i say.. you have 5Links and one of them is mana leech(!)... you can't expect much from such a gem setup.. you loose around 20k without added fire damage and multistrike
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Jan 27, 2014, 10:03:16 AM
I got pretty lucky, and the first item I chanced as a unique in this game was a Bringer of Rain. Since Facebreakers aren't outrageously expensive in comparison, I thought I'd grab a ~780% one and give this build a go. I haven't reached level 67 yet so I can't equip Bringer of Rain, but so far this is one satisfying build.

Is that a bear coming at me? Punch it in the face. Is that a group of 10 skeletons? Punch it in the face. Is that a rogue exile? Punch it in the face. And they all explode.

My only gripe is that I feel slow. My attack speed is fine with Multistrike, but movement speed is always going to be meh unless I use Haste, which isn't ideal in your particular build because 1) you aren't near any +30 dex nodes and 2) you like to run skills off of mana, which is probably not going to happen when you have 2 60% auras going at once. I'm almost tempted to go with a build that travels over to Blood Drinker instead of around the Path of the Warrior circle and takes Quickness (and maybe Hard Knocks) on the way there, then runs Hatred and Haste while using Blood Magic. I wonder if the increased movement speed would result in increased clear times or if the higher dps with Added Fire Damage instead of Blood Magic in Bringer of Rain is the way to go. Obviously you think the latter, and you have much more experience.

The Cruel bandit quest decision is haunting me. I went with a skill point, but the obvious choice is to go with Oak's +18% to physical damage... yet you suggest that Oak's bonus isn't so helpful... but I can't find any data to support the ideas one way or another! Can anyone shed some light on just what you're missing out on by not taking Oak's bonus in Cruel? Is your damage so high with a legacy Facebreaker that it doesn't matter? I don't have a legacy Facebreaker, so I hope I didn't miss out on quite a boost.

I notice that you run 2 CwDT setups, which can't be done with Bringer of Rain. I'm personally going with lvl 4 CwDT + lvl 7 Temporal Chains + lvl 7 Enduring Cry + lvl 9 Molten Shell in one piece of gear, my auras in the other 4L, and Decoy Totem + Lightning Warp + Reduced Mana in my shield. Lightning Warp, even if you can't level it far because of intelligence requirements, allows you to get to hard to reach places without swapping your weapons/losing auras to use Leap Slam.

Really hope I can get a legacy Facebreaker when Domination merges into Standard, but the economy's going to be whacky for a while.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Last edited by Tempada on Jan 28, 2014, 8:39:26 AM
@Tempada

About the movement speed - yes that's awlways a problem. I use 2 quicksilver flasks to compesnate that as much as possible becuase i'm really not a fan of the Lightning Warp. You ca always use a weapon + leap slam/ whirling blades on swap .. but im not a big fan of frequent weapon swapping too...

About the +18% physical from cruel Oak - it is helpful of course but in my opinion it's not a must the damage difference is small ( to see how big or small exactly put a Daresso's Courage shield ( it has 20% physical damage ) and you'll what exactly are the numbers. I've tested it and posted results in one of my Facebreaker Threads.. but thats 125+ pages combined... i i don't feel like searching for it right now.. i'm sorry.

Yes since you use BoR you can use only one CWDT and in my opinion the suggested lvl 4 CwDT + lvl 7 Temporal Chains + lvl 7 Enduring Cry + lvl 9 Molten Shell by you is a good idea.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
"
KorgothBG wrote:
@Tempada

About the movement speed - yes that's awlways a problem. I use 2 quicksilver flasks to compesnate that as much as possible becuase i'm really not a fan of the Lightning Warp. You ca always use a weapon + leap slam/ whirling blades on swap .. but im not a big fan of frequent weapon swapping too...

Thanks for the response. Yeah, I can't handle the swap, it's so simple yet so inconvenient! I think I'm going to use Lightning Warp + Faster Casting + Decoy Totem on my shield, along with two Quicksilver Flasks.

"
About the +18% physical from cruel Oak - it is helpful of course but in my opinion it's not a must the damage difference is small ( to see how big or small exactly put a Daresso's Courage shield ( it has 20% physical damage ) and you'll what exactly are the numbers.

I tested a bit, and while I like to see my numbers go up even in a small way, Adds #-# Physical Damage on gear is what really matters. I'm satisfied with taking the skill point for the Cruel bandit quest.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
How do you guys deal with ele reflect when you DON'T have Saffel's? It's virtually impossible to play ele reflect maps for me since it's insta kills me whenever I attack larger pack.
Besides switching to some single target attacks apparently. Also, got resistances maxed.

Will for example Stone of Lazhwar on swap help? Or not worth using that? Are there other alternatives?
This don't kill too many enemies at the same time... and you can always reroll...
Hey guys i've just wanted to announce my
How to Help New Players. My attempt to help PoE begginers
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/780986

Basicly it's a thread were i give unique items to new players :)
Hey guys and girls I'd like to announce my first contest!

For more details check this thread!
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/780986/page/1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info