[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

My build - lvl 79 at 25.6k dps

"
sockemfr3akk wrote:
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but i have no where else to go, so for the meginords girdle, can you only get it in maps that are level 8, or can the drop anywhere? also great build im loving it, and i dont even have any good damage items

I'll quote the Wiki :)

"World Drops - Unique items can be found as random drops just the same as any other item. Normal monsters drop items with an item level equal to the monster level, Magic monsters drop items with item level at monster level +1, Rare/Unique monsters drop items with item level at monster level +2.
For example: If a Unique item has a base level of 50 that means it can be dropped by Normal/Magic/Rare/Unique monsters in level 50+ zones, dropped by Magic/Rare/Unique monsters in level 49 zones, and dropped by Rare/Unique monsters in level 48 zones."
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
In this guide there are two main attacks linked. Dominating blow and infernal blow.
I don't understand if we are supposed to make a choice between those two?
indeed i've given you the pros. and cons. of noth skills. It's up to you to choose one
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Hi there and thank you for such a well put together guide.
I have done a similar inf blow marauder before ( lvl 89 ) but with an Aegis shield and soul taker. This was in a previous league , where I was getting around 28 k dps on inf blow.

With the 200 % nerf to FB's what kind of damage can you expect on infernal blow with top end gear and post nerf FB's ( 800 % ) ?

Thank you again for the guide :)

Last edited by BangoSkank on Nov 16, 2013, 9:58:41 PM
Thank you.
Well my DPS with 750% is 31462 with 800% it should be around ~34000

P.S. it's so hard to look for a single post(the one with the dps numbers) in a thread with 49 pages ...
I'm in the process of leveling a duelist facebreaker following this guide.
I've got most of the items i plan to use. Here's my gear:

Missing boots and a secondary ring. Trying to find a decent ring with mana leech but no luck so far. If i can't find one i will have to run infernal blow/dominating blow on the blood magic gem instead. Guess it's not too big of a dps loss.

As for the boots. What should i look for? I figured i would attempt to find some with triple res + life + movement speed but then i forgot about chaos resistance.

How important is it to get chaos resistance with this build? How much do i need?

I noticed it's generally hard to get resistances with this build.

Can't get res on gloves.
Can't get res on helm.
Can't get res on chest (with bor)
Can't get res on belt (except 15% to cold)

So basically i need to get most of my resistances on the boots and via passive skill points.

Point me in the right direction if i have deviated too much from the plan :)
Last edited by kompaniet on Nov 18, 2013, 11:13:54 AM
Well you're in the right direction more or less. The resistances should come from the boots, rings and amulet ( the belt can give up to 20% cold ) of course if you need more to cap your resistances you should use skill points.. but you ned to have capped resistances all the time.
The chaos resistance is really not that important. The only map where it is a problem is the 72 map Jungle Valley .. but you can easly skip that map.. any other map is ok :)

The boots should have triple res + life + movement speed.
You can use Rainbowstride boots too.... the spell block is nice... but you'll lose life and armour and more resists

The difference between Blood magic gem and Added fire damage for me is around 9000 DPS

I recommend you to find rings and amulet with more physical damage.

Good Luck!
awsome guide man, thanks a lot
Here is my current build for 1.0 :

AoF Facebreaker

My goal was to get Avatar of Fire, 7 endurance charges ( Oak + 3 from passives ) and 75% block chance ( got 74% :S ).

I took avatar of fire because of the elemental nodes next to templar and so i can use vulnerability and fire penetration support gem.

I will be using Infernal Blow + Fire Penetration + Melee splash + Added Fire Damage in Bringer of Rain.

Will use Multistrike if I can't oneshot every white monster.

Also planning on adding artic armour + mana regen, still testing this though. It's epic vs huge packs and strong rares. Just pop it every huge pack and turn it off again after.
Last edited by Yagamai on Nov 19, 2013, 10:09:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info