[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

Hey! I used a FB duelist in CB and loved it, found this while looking for post release tree help.

1) How do you deal with Chaos dmg/resists? My gear doesnt have much Chaos resist :(.

2) I was using Cyclone and IB. I will prob switch to Cyclone and DB. Do you not like Cyclone and facebreaker?

Thanks!
Not playing anymore. It was a fun ride since 2013!! I just browse the forum now. ~~~~~ "We are spiritual beings having a human experience, not the other way around." ~~~~~"All that you are is the sum of all your thoughts."
1)
Well chaos damage really is no problem at all... even if you have low chaos resists(even -60)
because there are so few chaos damage ddealing monsters.. and they deal very low damage actualy... and even if you don't block their attacks, then you'll life leech the missing health; or regenerat them and they would be dead before they can hit you again... so really chaos damage should be the least of your concerns :)

2)
No I don't like Cyclone. At all! Lower damage, lower Area of effect, alot more desync issues, alot less control over your character... not to mention the ridiculous mana cost(36 at level 20 compared to the Infernal Blow mana cost - 13 at level 20)
In my opinion there's nothing to like about Cyclone with Facebreakers.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Oct 31, 2013, 10:43:25 AM

PHUCK!!! YOU REPLY FAST lol.

Thank you. That was my 1 weakness in CB, chaos. I also think i went wrong with doing damage nodes or melee stuff. I have to realize with this character our dmg comes from items and gems, so the tree is there for defense, life, shield, resists, and regen.

I just read from page 20 to 31 and I guess I wasted money on Le Heup de All (spelling?). But ill have to see. My guy is lvl 69 and has

"
KorgothBG wrote:
1)
Not playing anymore. It was a fun ride since 2013!! I just browse the forum now. ~~~~~ "We are spiritual beings having a human experience, not the other way around." ~~~~~"All that you are is the sum of all your thoughts."
Last edited by damaxxerous on Oct 31, 2013, 10:48:01 AM
Crap i meant to ask...

Why do we skip the node for Damage taken from Mana? That seems cool and helpful.
"
damaxxerous wrote:

Our dmg comes from items and gems, so the tree is there for defense, life, shield, resists, and regen.

Exactly! I really couldn't explained it better myself!
As for the LeHeup of All.. i have some bad news... well the good news are that you can always sell it ;)
For the Chaos damage - I remember the chaos damage in Closed Beta.. it really was scary.. but now... now it really is close to nothing
And the Damage taken from Mana. Well since you'll be using mana to cast Infernal blow.. i really don't think that losing more mana due to that passive is worth it.

Cool items btw... i would suggest to get rid of Daresso and buy yourself a nice giant golden Lioneye's Remorse. "Why?" some might ask. Well the best thing about the Daresso is the spell block on low life... and the best thing about this build is that you won't drop to low life 99% of the time, not to mention the lack of life and armour, and lesser block chance. Ofcourse try to swap Le Heup with a more appropriate ring for this build. And ofcourse find yourself a 5L armour :P
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
well thanks for the help and reply.

Ya i can sell it! Or use it on my 2h marauder. Thats where it has been past few days.

I missed a lot of the patch notes. I am a casual gamer and sometimes go 5-7 days not playing. Somewhat addicted to Medieval Total War 2 and also really into my Summoner in PoE.

What Chaos damage changed?? Do monsters do less now? I can try to sell my shield and get a new one. And yes, I need to use some orbs on my chest!!!

The tree isnt up, but did you skip those 2 nodes...Converts all evasion into armor and then the Cannot Evade, Cannot be stunned? If you skipped those, why?
Last edited by damaxxerous on Oct 31, 2013, 11:15:33 AM
Hmm that's strange the tree is showing just fine when i click on it...
Anyway i'll link it again :)

Nope i didn't take Iron Reflexes because you really won't have that much evasion... and wasting 5 skill points just for that... madness...
As for the Unwavering stance (cannot be stunned) well with 5000+ life... you don't get stunned at all... so wasting another 5 skill points there... insanity...

As i recall correctly the chaos damage of the monsters was scaled down... some mechanics are different now ( i remember when ranged attacks of the monsters always hit you and the chaos snakes where just insane because of that ) And now you will generaly have more defenses(compared to CB)
"Cool items btw... i would suggest to get rid of Daresso and buy yourself a nice giant golden Lioneye's Remorse. "Why?" some might ask. Well the best thing about the Daresso is the spell block on low life... and the best thing about this build is that you won't drop to low life 99% of the time"

Best thing? Just saying...i got it for the 20% physical damage and the ele resists.
Last edited by damaxxerous on Oct 31, 2013, 11:25:47 AM
"
KorgothBG wrote:
Hmm that's strange the tree is showing just fine when i click on it...
Anyway i'll link it again :)

Nope i didn't take Iron Reflexes because you really won't have that much evasion... and wasting 5 skill points just for that... madness...
As for the Unwavering stance (cannot be stunned) well with 5000+ life... you don't get stunned at all... so wasting another 5 skill points there... insanity...

As i recall correctly the chaos damage of the monsters was scaled down... some mechanics are different now ( i remember when ranged attacks of the monsters always hit you and the chaos snakes where just insane because of that ) And now you will generaly have more defenses(compared to CB)

i just meant...im at work. I personally dont have the tree up. But yes, i saw it :)
Oh i see :)

And an unrelated to my previous posts Announcement!
I've added a complete set of short videos ( 15-20 esconds each ) in the new "Boss Fights" section. So far all level 66 maps. I'll go from low to high level maps and eventualy i'll post videos of all possible map boss fights!

I hope that you guys like the idea and the videos ( despite their quality )!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info