[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

Hey man amazing and detailled guide, i wanted to ask you if is this guide avalaiable for pvp too? i mean never tried pvp yet, but this seems that with some changes from skill tree and equipment, can work great, but as i said i have 0 exp from pvp...

I guess the primary attack should be frenzy instead of infernal blow, but just figuring out how would that be...so if you manage to have some pvp exp or even if you dont i would be glad to read your opinion.

Ty in advance!

Regards
IGN xRayDeNx
Last edited by R4yDeN1007 on Oct 30, 2013, 3:05:00 AM
Well i did some PvP before 1.0.0 and it works pretty well. More than that actualy i've won pretty much all duels.
A few notes on pvp:
1. Make sure that you have a weapon on swap with flicker strike/leap slam or a single bear trap will pin you down in one place then he/she will cast another bear trap and another and anothr and you'll be dead.
2. Tried frenzy.... it's not really worth it... the damage is very low even if you have +max frenzy charges from the tree/bandit reward merci. I've seen some viedoe and guides for Facebrakers and i've always wonder "Why?!?" - less aoe(not that this matters fo pvp); less DPS; less survivability.
3. Switch melee splash with blood magic support gem
4. After you've switched the melee splash, add determination aura.
5. Probably swtich Abyssus with Bringer of Rain. in PvE you won't feel the less physical reduction from the Abyssus but in PvP... i guess that you will :)

Pretty much that's all that i can think of.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
"
KorgothBG wrote:
Well i did some PvP before 1.0.0 and it works pretty well. More than that actualy i've won pretty much all duels.
A few notes on pvp:
1. Make sure that you have a weapon on swap with flicker strike/leap slam or a single bear trap will pin you down in one place then he/she will cast another bear trap and another and anothr and you'll be dead.
2. Tried frenzy.... it's not really worth it... the damage is very low even if you have +max frenzy charges from the tree/bandit reward merci. I've seen some viedoe and guides for Facebrakers and i've always wonder "Why?!?" - less aoe(not that this matters fo pvp); less DPS; less survivability.
3. Switch melee splash with blood magic support gem
4. After you've switched the melee splash, add determination aura.
5. Probably swtich Abyssus with Bringer of Rain. in PvE you won't feel the less physical reduction from the Abyssus but in PvP... i guess that you will :)

Pretty much that's all that i can think of.

tyvm mate!

yeah i had in mind to have a weapon to switch with leap slam/or flicker ( if flicker works jumping on the other guy, i think is the best choice, but never tried)

I was seriously thinking on abyssus too, but the "(40 to 50)% increased Physical Damage taken from Attacks" part , made me thinking about it haha, tho, the added physical has to be insane.

I think it can be viable to have max % block spell, but that would make lose some nice intesting atributes from amulet and boots ( since for max block i guess i would need Lawzhar and Rainbow)// or just have a shaffel as a 2nd shield

thanks again! :)
IGN xRayDeNx
Last edited by R4yDeN1007 on Oct 30, 2013, 4:21:07 AM
Flicker strike works ;)
As for the spell block vs spellcasters - just use Saffell's Frame
And Abyssus+ 6linked armour(quality level 20 gems instead of the non-quality that BoR provides) gives and extra 11000 DPS compared to Bringer of Rain.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
"
gangwars90 wrote:
so as i understand there is not much sence to buy mf gear.. better to make fast runs.. without mf

Fast runs with is even better.
Depending on how high an area you are running you can trade out more, but it's really not much of a downgrade to at least wear goldwrym boots

"
KorgothBG wrote:
Flicker strike works ;)
And Abyssus+ 6linked armour(quality level 20 gems instead of the non-quality that BoR provides) gives and extra 11000 DPS compared to Bringer of Rain.

My #1 reason for using the abby :) Always been so nice to have 20/20 gems instead of level 18
Last edited by Rohan_Spibo on Oct 30, 2013, 6:26:48 AM
"
KorgothBG wrote:
Flicker strike works ;)

I see, ty

Btw about the rings, Le heup is not fine for the build? increased physical damage, added physical (low i know) no life but +atributes+all resis...

Or is it better to have a high life resis+added phys damage rare ring?
IGN xRayDeNx
"
R4yDeN1007 wrote:

Btw about the rings, Le heup is not fine for the build? increased physical damage, added physical (low i know) no life but +atributes+all resis...

Or is it better to have a high life resis+added phys damage rare ring?

Thats exactly the rings you need - high physical damage; high life; resists

Le heup heup of all has low flat physical damage; the 10-20% increased damage is completely unnoticable; you don't really need the attributes; the only good thing i guess is the rarity but it's not much. In the end it is a great ring.. just not in its case , it's just not for this build.
Instead of temporal chains what do you think about using enfeeble or flammability?
Flammability would probably give you a decent damage boost against the stuff that takes a while to kill, and enfeeble would be handy for damage mitigation.
"
Rohan_Spibo wrote:
Instead of temporal chains what do you think about using enfeeble or flammability?

I'll quote myself :P

"Q.2 Why Temporal chains?
A.2 Well because the slowing effect is very nice and helps alot. And because it has low requirements. Enfeeble is a nice curse aswell but the amount of intelligence that it requires is quite high. The same goes for Vulnerability and Flammability."
Ah yes, missed that...
Well, I've got excessive int on my gear anyway lol

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info