[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

I've added a video of myself doing a Mine map with Maze; Elemental Weakness; -19% max resists; physical reflect; +35% extra monster damage (extra difficulty points for low fps and desync.. not to mention the 3 seconds of PoE client not responding just when i've entered the map)

I know that the quality is awful but i felt like I need to have atleast 1 video of me playing my own build... so here it is.

P.S. my fire resist was at 33% because of the Elemental Weakness.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
"
KorgothBG wrote:
Curse with cast when damage taken works great. But due to the high block chance your skills wont trigger that often but still its helpful. Thats why i prefer Temporal Chains because it is casted just when you need it(when you take damage). Warlords Mark is cool due to the mana and life leech but due to the block you can't count on it to be a reliable source of life and mana leech. Besides 1% from your gear really is enough(more is always better ofcourse)

Just found a 'Curse On Hit' gem, is that when I hit them lol? Really gotta make time to test out some of this new stuff.... just been so busy :(
Yeah curse on hit works only when linked with the skill that you are hitting them with... so actualy lose 2 sockets for support gems fr the skill ( one for the trigger and one for the cuurse) ... so it's pretty useless(atleast for this build)

actualy im not sure.... ill test it tomorrow
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Oct 27, 2013, 10:18:00 PM
"
KorgothBG wrote:
Yeah curse on hit works only when linked with the skill that you are hitting them with... so actualy lose 2 sockets for support gems fr the skill ( one for the trigger and one for the cuurse) ... so it's pretty useless(atleast for this build)

actualy im not sure.... ill test it tomorrow

Ah, well if that's the case then it blows hardcore.
Unfortunately it's exactly the way i thought it was. The gem description is clear enough:
"Supported skills have a XX% chance to Apply supported Curses on hit"
Example:
Infernal Blow + Multistrike + Melee Splash + Added Melee Physical Damage + Curse on hit + Warlord's mark
So basicly you waste 2 sockets in a six linked item that way...
I really think that pretty much all trigger gems are useless when compared to cast when damage taken. I don't now who and how tested these gems before release but he/she/they did a terrible job. In my opinion cast when damage taken should be nerfed or the rest of the trigger gems should be buffed!
To the OP, i've got a question.

I've got a hard time deciding between using a 2H or facebreakers for Infernal blow.

Can you shed some light on what are the pros and cons of using Facebreakers over a 2H?

Thanks in advance and thanks for this guide. This was exactly what I was looking for.
"
Vandenreich wrote:
To the OP, i've got a question.

I've got a hard time deciding between using a 2H or facebreakers for Infernal blow.

Can you shed some light on what are the pros and cons of using Facebreakers over a 2H?

Thanks in advance and thanks for this guide. This was exactly what I was looking for.

Ok so here are the pros. and cons. of the Facebreakers as i see them:
Facebreakres
Pros.
1. Using a shield - Having a shield is a huge advantage. High block chance makes you increadably tanky. Block chance applies to reflected damage aswell. Not to mention the great armour and life boost from the shield.
2. Unnarmed attacks - The fact that you don't need a weapon is great because you can spend all your passive skill points into defensive nodes, making yourself the ultimate tank without sacrificing offense. Besides you won't spend any currency on a good weapon.
3. Damage - Using Facebreakers and relatively good rings and amulet will give you alot of damage. Such amounts of DPS are hard to get if you don't have a really good 2h weapon.
4. Leveling - since the level requirements for the Facebreakers and the meginord's girlde are very low leveling up a character is like a walk in the park. At level 16 you'll have around 1000 DPS just by using these two items! I've leveled up and tested many different builds but by far the facebreakers + Infernal blow offers the highest DPS at that level.

Cons.
1. Legacy Facebreakers - After the 1.0.0 the Facebreakers have only 600%-800% more unnarmed physical damage( it sed to be 800%-1000%). So now it's easier to get the same amounts of damage with a 2h(since they were buffed) unless you have good legacy facebreakers.
2. Damage - In theory you can deal alot more damage with a 2 handed weapon, but you'll have to sacrifice defensive for offensive passive skills and you'll need an insane weapon.
Last edited by KorgothBG on Oct 28, 2013, 12:52:57 PM
hey KorgothBG, after having a little break of the game and the full reset of the passive points im having a look at your thread right now. so its updated, thats rly nice, gj man. but still it will take me a lot of time to re arange the full stuff :)
"
siMoK wrote:
hey KorgothBG, after having a little break of the game and the full reset of the passive points im having a look at your thread right now. so its updated, thats rly nice, gj man. but still it will take me a lot of time to re arange the full stuff :)

I hope that you'll be happy with the final result :)
Last edited by KorgothBG on Oct 28, 2013, 1:06:07 PM
the step by step skilling - "at 40 skill points" is empty

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info