[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

Thanks for the great guide, man! I also like those images you use ;)

If it's not asking for too much, could you also add the estimated price of the legendary gear?

I mean, I'm just starting and I have been asked from 8 chaos to 1 exalted for Meginord's Girdle and I get a bit confused and lost with these prices.

Thanks a lot.
I'm glad that you like the guide :)
I used to have estimate prices for all of the needed gear... but to be honest i havn't been trading alot lately, so i'm not really sure. But i'll do this - i'll do some reaserch and i'll add prices on everything! It will be done within 2-3 hours.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Thanks, mate! You sure put a lot of effort on this guide ;)

I still have a long way to go with this build, but so far so good. Really loving the explosions and enslaving punches XD
Thank you!
i use BoR and FB i need purity for max resi i guess.

i plan to use this skill tree. Any suggestions? What is better grace or determination?

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAxthYYz38UFB8uIzPKS72SGebXz_Ujxkuud0n7dlh7w7yL6yqxPZXDXKpWfM8LfuqfNnAGsauDPegtGaekFW3PunV-tL-Cq9scH0XLzbp8kXFioBWZOfjajrh8B9PfVXWplcEs6IAUWCApE3jMZ4UTQJxGjL-j4M4NZLvfLXyrFluqqluiPFKyHgNvorQRwHc4uqkGWEhG_qE7yXfXhN07YTZG8jDhnrvZU1uaUMx55FgS0d-vqe2QayvBS3STU4qQKDADymlnrk=

gear: ignore sockets

Ingame: Soto_DualStrike
GMT +1:00
Last edited by soto on Oct 31, 2013, 6:15:47 PM
@Ranhansha
Well i don't want to make just a good guide, i want to make a great one ;)
The prices of the items are added to the "Gear" section.

@soto
I'll start with the gear
Daresso's Courage - Use Lioneye's Remorse instead. I've already explained why a coulpe of times but i'll do it agai :P ( and i'll put it in the Q&A section )
Daresso has pretty much no armour compared to the Lioneye; It has lower block chance; It has no life bonus; the extra resists from it are easily achieved with just 2-3 passive skill points; As explained somehwere in the guide ( i really don't remember where :P ) +X% physical damage does close to nothing for this build (flat X-X physical damage is what you need) so the 20% extra physical dmage is pretty much worthless; The coolest thing about the shiled is the spell block on low life... the bad news are that with this build you'll rarely be at low life... so even this is not really a plus for this build
As for the Lioneye - it has just wath you need - huge armour; huge block; huge life... nothing more, nothing less.
Carnage Heart - this is just a terrible amulet for this build. The best thing avout it is the Life leech BUT this build need only 1% life leech... trust me it's enough, and if you can't get that 1% from your gear you can easily get it from the tree, it is easy to access it and it will cost you just 1 Passive Skill point. The attributes are not need also... and again IF you need an extra dex or int you'll just need to spend 1-2 Skill points; as for the resists... it really is easy to get resists nowadays... and i won't even comment the "25% reduced maximum life"!!!
Anything else looks good.. ofcourse it can always be better but you are on the right track :)

As for a second aura - Determination all the way! If you want to use Grace you'll need to spend 5 Extra skill points just to take Iron Reflexes... ad the end result will still be - less armour bonus than with Determination.
I want to say it again- Use mana if you want to use Infernal blow! Sure you'll be running just 1 aura - Hatred, but switching blood magic support gem with added fire support gem will give you around 30-35% more damage! ( for me its around 12000!! )

As for the tree - looks fine to me ... just don't use Iron reflexes... Let's see Iron reflexes costs you 5 Skill points and gives you 1200 armour.. sure the armour is multiplied by your armour nodes but it's still noth worth it.. and when you switch Daresso with Lioneye ( once again i strongly suggest that you do so) you'll get even less bonus armour!It's just not worth it
As for Sovereignity - its ok to have it if you use Purity(if you really need it) + Hatred ... but it's ok only if you have enough mana to cast without a problem

And a general advice get a 1% mana leech ring or amulet get rid of that awful blood magic gem put on added fire damage and use mana to cast infernal blow!

Well that's all i can think of... i really hope that i was helpful... If there's anything else that you want to ask or if you need some extra explanation for something in this post i'll be more than happy to help you out :)
I wish you best of luck!
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
awesome man thank you :). You make my day.
Ingame: Soto_DualStrike
GMT +1:00
Thanks so much for the research. Definitely, I have to play a lot more since I haven't found a single GCP, but thanks ;)
Does Increased AoE work with Decoy Totem's taunt?
@Ranhansha
It's about havinng a good luck ( i've found 2 Exalts today :D ). From time to time i'm getting frustrated that nothing good drops... and just a minute before i decide to Log Out something cool drops :)

@Rohan_Spibo
Yes it works.
Well that's pretty sweet. Might use that instead of one of the defensive totem gems then.
These cast on damage taken gems really made this build a whole lot more enjoyable then before :) and it already ruled.

Possible to even double curse on one, sadly though we can only do one curse at a time.
Last edited by Rohan_Spibo on Oct 31, 2013, 9:47:48 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info