[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

Well i've done the entire tree again from scratch and linked it... i hope it displays correctly now...
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
what shield should I use before lvl 70 (Lioneye's Remorse Pinnacle Tower Shield) ?
should i privilege armor or block
IGN : Astraee / Callip / Selenaee
"
Callipsos wrote:
what shield should I use before lvl 70 (Lioneye's Remorse Pinnacle Tower Shield) ?
should i privilege armor or block

Well i prefer block and i was using this shield from level 8 to level 70
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Oct 11, 2013, 1:13:42 PM
Sorry but I am having trouble reaching max resistance for my character.

I calculated having 26% of all resis from your tree, 30% from purity. After taking into account of that and your gear, i still dont see how you manage to max resis..

Thanks for your help.

p.s. : this is a very awesome build even for a beginner. Thanks very much
"
andrewqjy wrote:
Sorry but I am having trouble reaching max resistance for my character.

I calculated having 26% of all resis from your tree, 30% from purity. After taking into account of that and your gear, i still dont see how you manage to max resis..

Thanks for your help.

p.s. : this is a very awesome build even for a beginner. Thanks very much

I'm glad that you like my build. :)
As for the resistances i must disagree!
Here are the correct calculations:

Non-gear related bonuses:
27% to all resistances from Purity
38% to all resistances from the tree
8% to all resistances from Kraityn Normal

From Gear:
all resistances 34%
fire - 6+37
cold - 24+20+20
lightning - 34+27
chaos - 13

Gear + Non-Gear:
All - 107
Fire - 43
Cold - 64
Lightning - 61
Chaos - 13

Total:
Fire - 150
Cold - 171
Lightning - 168
Chaos - 13

-60% to all resistances in Merciless

Fire - 90%
Cold - 111%
Lightning - 108%
Chaos - -47%

max resistances
75% + 4%(from purity) + 2%(from skill tree) = 81%
THe screenshot was taken when my purity wasn't level 20 ( only level 20 gives 4% to max resists)

P.S. Perhaps you've missed the Kraityn bonus? (Bandit quest - normal)

P.S.S. I've realised that i have more resists that i actualy need... so i'll respec the 6% all res node. I won't change anything in the tree in my first post because i have more than i need, but someone else could have less from his/her gear. So it really depends on your gear you just need to "fill the holes" that your gear leaves with your passive tree.
Last edited by KorgothBG on Oct 12, 2013, 7:55:01 PM
this is my current gear

its kinda hard for me to get max res

Spoiler

now around 80/80/72 when on purity
maybe i shud get more from gear? lols

only 12% diamond skin taken from nodes
IGN: OP_Split
GMT +8
Well if you can get more from gear it would be nice. But you can simply take a 15% lightning res next to the diamond skin
Or just take the suggested by me 10% all res node in the Phalanx cluster(shield nodes)
Last edited by KorgothBG on Oct 12, 2013, 10:39:08 AM
"
KorgothBG wrote:
Well if you can get more from gear it would be nice. But you can simply take a 15% lightning res next to the diamond skin
Or just take the suggested by me 10% all res node in the Phalanx cluster(shield nodes)

ah that 15% okay
the 20% near the shield i took also forgot to include that in

btw before Bringer of Rain dps 6.5k after 12.9k :D
IGN: OP_Split
GMT +8
Thanks korgoth for the breakdown!!

But can i clarify another matter. How did you get 28% from the skill tree?

I could only see the 6% resis node and 2 x 10% resist on using shield node. I must be going blind.

Oh and yes I made a terrible mistake in the normal bandit reward..

Thanks again
"
andrewqjy wrote:

How did you get 28% from the skill tree?
Thanks again

Hmm the tree lets see..
+6% from the node above the 2 reduced mana reservation nodes
+12% from the Diamond skin near the marauder start(left of Heat of the Gladiator)
+10% from Elemental resistance with shields in the Phalanx shield nodes cluster(it's .. hmm its hard to describe it...)
+10% from the OTHER shield node(sorry that i've forgot about it)

P.S. well i wont describe the location of the last node... i'll just "show" it http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAFkApTzrYT31mnnB9fLuExIV9iuSb7KmVr2zFiuw4
It's in the end of this templar tree.

P.S.S. I've actualy missed the other 10% from using shileds.... so it's actualy 38% and not 28%... i'm really sorry for that mistake

P.S.S.S(?). i want to thank you andrewqjy. Calculating my resists turned out to be very profitable - 1 free skill point!
Last edited by KorgothBG on Oct 12, 2013, 7:57:42 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info