[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

Ok my bad tnx a lot i need to lvl it up =P
Is IB screenshot with added fire gem ? Because fire / physical damage should be the same with IB (50/50), and they are not.

You can't swap any of the used supports. Period.

Its really lame to make a guide and not stay faithful to what you preach, just saying.
Last edited by mvm199 on Sep 28, 2013, 9:41:26 PM
IB is with added fire gem. And it should not be the same. Check out the "Damage conversion" page in the PoE Wiki.

Its really lame to make a guide , improve it somehow and keep that for yourself instead of sharing it with the people who use the build.

Aad yes i've forgot to edit a Q. in the Q.& A. section. How thoughtful of you to point it out. Thank you.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
"
KorgothBG wrote:
IB is with added fire gem. And it should not be the same. Check out the "Damage conversion" page in the PoE Wiki.

It should be the same, go on 00:08 here, they are both exactly 2xxx max fire / physical dmg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=X_fS-Gt134Y

If you convert physical to fire, it will get all the physical increases and more multipliers, so it will be the same since the skill in this case is 50/50. And you dont have blackgleam, and any ele / fire increases which would apply to the fire only part. (And WED doesnt apply to unarmed builds)

Just wondering why you would take a screenshot with added fire when you say not to use it, and it would be impractical to use it over bm / splash / strike? Epeen?
Come on man... still not reading? Are you even trying?
Have you checked out the changes in the Infenal Blow section? Have you read the posts in the previous page?
The video is with no added fire gem. The difference comes from that support gem .
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Sep 29, 2013, 6:41:57 AM
gonna try this on my next build :D

btw he is not using add fire dmg

melee splash + melee physical dmg + multistrike + infernal blow
IGN: OP_Split
GMT +8
Last edited by bodohspam on Sep 30, 2013, 3:21:14 AM
"
bodohspam wrote:

Actually its splash - mstrike - infernal blow - blood magic

melee physical and FA are free with the helm

He is using added fire for the screenshot. Most ppl do this build with blood magic because they can't sustain mana costs without losing an aura and getting mana / cost passives.
"
bodohspam wrote:

Umm nope... someone already was confused by that so i've clarified this

I will quote myself:
"4-Linked
Infernal Blow/Dominating Blow + Multistrike + Melee Splash+ Melee Physial Damage*
*Note that the "4-Linked" is NOT for the Bringer of Rain but for a 4-linked item before you have/can use the Bringer. The gems for the Bringer of Rain are : Infernal Blow/Dominating Blow + Multistrike + Melee Splash + Blood Magic/Added Fire Damage"

P.S. And just make things clear about the added fire damage(since there cleary is some misunderstanding) i will quote myself once more:
"After recent testing i can say with 100% that you can use Infernal Blow without Blood Magic Support Gem. Instead you can use Added Fire Damage to boost your damage by...alot."

and

"Primary attack
Infernal Blow/Dominating Blow + Blood Magic/Added Fire Damage + Multistrike + Melee Splash + the support skills that the Bringer of Rain unique helmet provides -
(Melee Physical Damage + Blind + Faster Attacks)"

AND

And from posts in the thread:
"Inspired by the Rules idea of using mana for Infernal Blow i did some testing.
Now i'm certain that you can get rid of the Blood Magic Support Gem and put on Added Fire Damage Support gem. You'll get around 7000 more dps and you'll still be able to cast IB without any problems.
What you need to do is just to get Mana Flows and the 7% reduced mana cost(next to Amplify) and have atleast 1% mana leach from a ring/amulet. You won't be able to use Vitality ofcourse. Thats all! I have 132 unresreved mana and the cost of IB is 67(keep in mind that with multistrike you "pay" only once for the 3 hits) and it is enough. Put a Mana Flask on your belt(instant recovery) just in case.

Note that all mana related mods on my items are - 44int; 1% mana leech; 2 mana gain per kill.

P.S. Again thanks to Rules for the idea."
Last edited by KorgothBG on Sep 30, 2013, 3:43:35 AM
I found it more beneficial a while back to put an Increased Fire Damage gem in my helm instead of a blood magic gem, and making up for this with mana leech on one of my rings. Added Fire Damage definately helps a ton.

Until I got mana leech I was using a thief's torment, but all you need is 2% mana leech and you're fine. triggers itself 3 times per attack and your cost is so low anyway
Last edited by Rohan_Spibo on Oct 5, 2013, 12:52:41 AM
Great build!

just 1 thing i want to be clarified ; passive nodes WITH and WITHOUT minion instabillity are the same....you both specced them.
IGN : FaceBreakingBeast

"Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn't."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info