Descent Races

I'm absolutely not into those races at all, but the fact that we won't be able to return to town or redo areas kind of got me interested in this. I might participate in this. :)
"
Chris wrote:

Players asked for leagues that didn't filter back into the regular leagues upon death. This would mean that we could potentially change item drop rates and how items are given out. Many players said they felt that the choice between using currency items in the race or keeping them for regular play diminished the fun of a race.

To reduce the RNG effects of shops (and attrition strategies related to using waypoints/portals to fill flasks), a common request was disabling town.

Some players wanted difficulty through means other than crazy combinations of league mods.

A frequent request was a steeper level progression so that players were discouraged from just skipping monsters.

Some players asked for no instance management so that the player has to push forward and can't just farm a safe area.

Wow I dont think I have read anyone asking for those. They also wouldnt be anything I'd ever ask for. In fact they'd go on my list of unwanted things...guess I wont be liking this seasons Signature Race.
Ascension tied to Lab is the worst thing GGG has done...apart from GGG's philosophy on Trading. Oh and Gambling Loot boxes. And selling out to tencent.

I used to love GGG. I supported to ensure GGG remained independent, now I just wish I could get my money back. -_-
Any chance of more of this in the main game
"
we've designed it almost like a traditional single player RPG where the fun is working out what character build for each class stands the best chance of surviving through the difficult content.
instead of more of this
"
to accumulate wealth
?
This sounds damm good, I hate wait a whole week to try it
"
Chameleon wrote:
"
Chris wrote:

Players asked for leagues that didn't filter back into the regular leagues upon death. This would mean that we could potentially change item drop rates and how items are given out. Many players said they felt that the choice between using currency items in the race or keeping them for regular play diminished the fun of a race.

To reduce the RNG effects of shops (and attrition strategies related to using waypoints/portals to fill flasks), a common request was disabling town.

Some players wanted difficulty through means other than crazy combinations of league mods.

A frequent request was a steeper level progression so that players were discouraged from just skipping monsters.

Some players asked for no instance management so that the player has to push forward and can't just farm a safe area.

Wow I dont think I have read anyone asking for those. They also wouldnt be anything I'd ever ask for. In fact they'd go on my list of unwanted things...guess I wont be liking this seasons Signature Race.

I'm sure it doesn't mean much to you, but I've seen requests for these things dating quite some time back. Hell I requested some of these things myself. Not so much for 1 hour races though, couldn't care less.

Clearly some people are really happy about this though, good for them.
Interesting... I'm looking forward to participating :-)
"
Psyborg wrote:
You have just gotten a non-racer excited about a race event.

CONGRATULATIONS!!

Cant wait for 11.1 patch notes either!

I'm another one non-racer excited about it :P

I just have one question, maybe I missread something but... If Descent races last for 1 Hour when it ends the character get destroyed or he remains for the next Descent Race?.

I mean, first race I go down to floor lvl 7, I'm lvl 15, race ends, next race I start in 7th floor with my lvl 15 char and keep progressing from that?

or

First race I go down to floor lvl 7, I'm lvl 15, race ends, next race I start in the 1st floor with the difficultie of floor lvl 7 with my lvl 15 char and "start" again but with an increased difficultie?

or

First race I need to go down to floor 15 to get lvl 15 because there is no enough experience in the other floors to get lvl 15 before I go down to floor 15, so race ends, next race I start in the 1st floor with increased difficultie with my lvl 15 char?

or, first race I get to floor 15 lvl 15, race ends, char destroyed, next race char lvl 1 floor 1?

Regards!
Indestructible, determination that is incorruptible
From the other side, a terror to behold
Annihilation will be unavoidable, every broken enemy will know
That their opponent had to be invincible, take a last look around while you're alive
I'm an indestructible master of war
oooh, the amount of QQ when the witch doesn't get her FP and the marauder doesn't get Cleave.. lovely!

and from reddit:

[–]chris_wilsonLead

Certainly. For example, we only give bow skills for Rangers in this league (on purpose).

Don't Touch my Sweep please GGG!
NICE, but free users (like me) dont have more slot for make new 6 chars for get the reward of season end :(
my english sux.
Looks really really awesome. Overly excited for new content :).
Great job GGG, keep this kind of stuff coming!
IGN @Jalamin

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info