Descent Races

Sounds like a lot of fun.
Haven't participated in races much at all, but this definitely sounds VERY interesting

I'll have to give it a try. Love the solo aspect of it.
www.twitch.tv/knowfear823

IGN: knowfear
Looks pretty exciting. Very cool information here.
Hey...is this thing on?
Sounds like a 'must do' sort of thing ;-)
"
What I would like to see is a no party, no trading, self found league only.

ehm, you could just ignore other players, right?
Main IGN: TopCat

IGN2: PrincessGuinevere
IGN3: Indiana_Jones
"
DrDeathXII wrote:
2: I'm unclear on the whole reward system of these race events. As a casual player, I enjoy playing in anarchy league because of the fresh economy and a new reason to re-roll. However, if these races give me no rewards to my permanent character in anarchy, there is not much reason for me to accumulate points.

You'll still get points for competing in the Descent Races, depending on what the point tiers are for these new races (ie: get to level X, be the first to accomplish Y, etc), which in turn will reward you with unique art uniques and some other special art items at the end of the season. However, none of the drops that you get will transfer over to the other leagues.
Awesome news, as always, GGG! Keep making this game more and more fun!
I definitely agree that I'd like to see these races sometimes have the option of a two-person party (or occasional regular party races).

I pretty much just play this game with a friend or my girlfriend and while we love the races we specifically enjoy playing races where we can partner together.

Allowing for a tag-team also lets the chest structure be the same (each of you gets one chest, helping define the build) without any major additional coding or structural changes to the race.
now i see a good reason to do that kind of races
thanks alot GGG :)
"
missmisiowa wrote:
"
What I would like to see is a no party, no trading, self found league only.

ehm, you could just ignore other players, right?

Of course you can.

But what you can't ignore (which I'm sure the poster meant) is the game being designed in both XP progression and orb acquisition.. with both trading and partying as major balancing factors.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Jun 24, 2013, 12:34:16 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info