Lv96 Poutsos' Flicker Nuke - Outdated

"
cnk113 wrote:
Would you be willing to sell the Death Rush ring?

I'm trying to make your build but in low life so I would need chaos res.
Also, wouldn't Darkray Vectors help your dps, as well as some defense from dodge?

I am not selling the second reath rush rings,since its good for reflect maps(currently i am uploading a plysical reflect map run),sorry :/ .As for darkray i ve tried them,the extra frenzy gives alot of DPS but without rainbow strides u lose a huge amount of ES,mana and 20% to all elemental resistances.Not to mention the block chance applied to spells.I am convinced that currently there arent any boots in the game better than rainbowstrides for this build
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow
Last edited by Poutsos on Jul 6, 2013, 11:24:53 AM
Update: Added a map with physical reflect.It was harder than i expected cause it was inhabited by flicker strikers.Also i Didnt use both death rush rings so my base life leech was 14% for lightning strike and frenzy,and 22% for flicker strike.I was cursing with warlords mark for an extra 6% life leech and endurance charges.I changed my links on flicker,replacing icrease melee damage with melee splash and increase melee damage on full life with life leech,in order to lower my damage,Leech AoE and leech more :)
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow
Fun(ny) build! I might actually run a similar build in Hardcore. I don't know if other people have commented on whether it is viable in HC/Onslaught, but you say it isn't and I actually don't think that's true. Using crit Flicker Strike as CI Shadow WILL survive with claws, but NOT daggers.

The only real problem for this build is physical reflect, of course. 18% of your physical damage is reflected by reflect mobs and in reflect maps it goes up to 38%. So all you need is close to 38% life leech! This is much easier to achieve with claws than with daggers because you can get the 3 notable passives: Soul Raker, Essence Raker, and Spirit Raker. That gives you 12% life leech already. Add Carnage Heart and that gives you 22% life leech. Cast Blood Rage (20% quality) and that gives you 30% life leech. Use Bloodseeker Hellion's Paw (unique claw) and that gives you 39% life leech! That completely counters all physical reflect (and elemental reflect doesn't matter if you are pure physical). This doesn't even take into account that you have armor, which will decrease reflect damage, so you don't exactly need 38% life leech or more.

Bloodseeker is like a free Vaal Pact, so you don't have to waste like 9 points to get it. Although Bloodseeker doesn't have the best damage, you can spec into more crit multiplier nodes. Since you don't have to use Life Leech support gem, you can add Increased Critical Strikes as your 6L.

The damage might be less, but you will be able to survive in HC/Onslaught. :)
Last edited by mimivirus on Jul 7, 2013, 1:27:23 PM
"
Fun(ny) build! I might actually run a similar build in Hardcore. I don't know if other people have commented on whether it is viable in HC/Onslaught, but you say it isn't and I actually don't think that's true. Using crit Flicker Strike as CI Shadow WILL survive with claws, but NOT daggers.

The only real problem for this build is physical reflect, of course. 18% of your physical damage is reflected by reflect mobs and in reflect maps it goes up to 38%. So all you need is close to 38% life leech! This is much easier to achieve with claws than with daggers because you can get the 3 notable passives: Soul Raker, Essence Raker, and Spirit Raker. That gives you 12% life leech already. Add Carnage Heart and that gives you 22% life leech. Cast Blood Rage (20% quality) and that gives you 30% life leech. Use Bloodseeker Hellion's Paw (unique claw) and that gives you 39% life leech! That completely counters all physical reflect (and elemental reflect doesn't matter if you are pure physical). This doesn't even take into account that you have armor, which will decrease reflect damage, so you don't exactly need 38% life leech or more.

Bloodseeker is like a free Vaal Pact, so you don't have to waste like 9 points to get it. Although Bloodseeker doesn't have the best damage, you can spec into more crit multiplier nodes. Since you don't have to use Life Leech support gem, you can add Increased Critical Strikes as your 6L.

actually we tested it and increased fire damage gives you a lot more then the crit.
"
"

actually we tested it and increased fire damage gives you a lot more then the crit.

That's fine, my point is that you should probably use claws to do this build in HC/Ons.
"

I love this baby :D.I used to run reflect maps with it before i took vaal and without any claw passives at all it still did over 30K DPS :).It is funny that u mention this build,cause i was thinking of build a shadow with blood seeker,getting the claw passives instead of daggers(obviously) and using this 10 points of free vaal pact for extra defenses:).I love the idea.If u do try it,plz post your build to see ur progress.
Just want to keep this thread alive.

My flicker strike has reached 24k at lvl 71 with lousy gear and no abyssus, and things that would wreck me can't touch me while I'm flickering. Anxiously trying to get an es chest with the right colors at least 400 es and it's proving difficult. Abyssus is a long way out. This is definitely fun as hell, beats the standard ci lightning strike build in fun, spamming LS was starting to put me to sleep.

I took the frenzy charge on merciless, so at 5, debating going to inner force or down to the other frenzy charge now. Power charges are even better with flicker strike than lightning strike. Since you hit so fast with flicker, power charges build up really fast and are easy to uphold. Eventually going to the templar side to build more es/arm/ele res, and grab the power charge there.

Haven't tried maps yet on this guy, still a little nervous with only 3.3k es...

How is everyone else doing?

/e did some pvp against a bow duelist, poor guy couldn't ever attack
Last edited by roguemjb on Jul 10, 2013, 1:10:54 PM
"
roguemjb wrote:
Just want to keep this thread alive.

My flicker strike has reached 24k at lvl 71 with lousy gear and no abyssus, and things that would wreck me can't touch me while I'm flickering. Anxiously trying to get an es chest with the right colors at least 400 es and it's proving difficult. Abyssus is a long way out. This is definitely fun as hell, beats the standard ci lightning strike build in fun, spamming LS was starting to put me to sleep.

I took the frenzy charge on merciless, so at 5, debating going to inner force or down to the other frenzy charge now. Power charges are even better with flicker strike than lightning strike. Since you hit so fast with flicker, power charges build up really fast and are easy to uphold. Eventually going to the templar side to build more es/arm/ele res, and grab the power charge there.

Haven't tried maps yet on this guy, still a little nervous with only 3.3k es...

How is everyone else doing?

/e did some pvp against a bow duelist, poor guy couldn't ever attack

Thanks!Going inner force and the templar tree is a nice alternative.Extra frenzy will def give u more DPS though,plus i though i needed the accuracy over there,since using abyssus excludes the possibility of having an accuracy helm
"
Poutsos wrote:

I love this baby :D.I used to run reflect maps with it before i took vaal and without any claw passives at all it still did over 30K DPS :).It is funny that u mention this build,cause i was thinking of build a shadow with blood seeker,getting the claw passives instead of daggers(obviously) and using this 10 points of free vaal pact for extra defenses:).I love the idea.If u do try it,plz post your build to see ur progress.

Yeah I'll try it out sometime, but I think I'll wait to see the Ranger tree changes. Maybe there will be some very good nodes there.
What do you think about using Infernal Mantle for a chest? I'm currently using a 155 es chest sadly and since infernal mantles go for 1 to 2 gcp, I think it might be cheaper to 5 link one of those instead of spending 2 ex on another high es chest. The 100% increased crit chance is definitely eye catching, like having an extra link. The spell damage on low mana could be ugly though, as we are on low mana most of the time. The +1 to fire gems would be good if you run added fire as well.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info