Lv96 Poutsos' Flicker Nuke - Outdated

"
OkkesDogan wrote:
What do you think of a build with The bringer of rain helm?

I have actually tried it,cause my cousin uses it(he has a Marauder).It is really bad.I have way less DPS and my ES fell for like 2K.It is an awasome helmet for life melee characters though.If u are a critical build,abyssus gives u much more DPS.With a resolute technic life build it can work pretty well.With iron refleces u ll have around 1500armor with the item+more life than a helmet and a chest can give u.So if u have ur resistances capped from other items and the build,u ll lose abit of armor and u ll have much higher DPS and more life than using a chest armor and a regular helm.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow
Last edited by Poutsos on Jul 5, 2013, 9:17:03 AM
Very awesome build. Currently leveling my own crit dagger shadow but not sure how I want to finish him, this will definitely influence it.

Also, your gear is batshit crazy awesome, certainly not average.

How did you get 2 death rush rings if you don't play onslaught??
"
roguemjb wrote:
Very awesome build. Currently leveling my own crit dagger shadow but not sure how I want to finish him, this will definitely influence it.

Also, your gear is batshit crazy awesome, certainly not average.

How did you get 2 death rush rings if you don't play onslaught??

Thanks alot for your kind words :).Desynch sometimes though makes this not viable :(.It can get very bad.I got the death rings from ppl who died in onslaught.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow
how do you keep your mana up to keep spamming. i used the flicker many times for fun but after like 5 seconds of flicker im oom...
"
how do you keep your mana up to keep spamming. i used the flicker many times for fun but after like 5 seconds of flicker im oom...

With the 2% mana leech from mind drinker.The mana cost of my flicker strike is 59 mana.Full buffed i have 7.25 attacks percond.Because i use multistrike i get charged for mana every 3 attacks.So 7.25/3=2.416 attacks per second charged.58*2.41=140.16 mana spent per second.My total mana is 654.Mana leech rate is capped at 750% of ur total mana per minute + your mana regeneration.I have 11% increase mana regeneration on my shield so that gives me 825% mana leech rate per minute=13.75% per second.All in all 90 mana per second recovered.That means that i lose roughly 50 mana per second.My mana after reservation is 181 so in theory that gives me 3 attacks(9 actually with multistrike) before i run out,but because the leech is applied while i am charged every 3 attacks that gives me space for even more attacks(ur are still leeching until the 3 attacks of multistrike are complete and get charged again).Generally after 1-3 attacks(aka 3-9)with flicker,i stop and use lighning strike/frenzy.That not only gives enough time for mana to recover but also prevenets desynch(well prevents LOL.Even 1 flicker strike can be enough to get u desynched sometimes).U can see me doing that at the underground sea map video.THAT BEING SAID,desynch can cause u to run out of mana imediately,since it doesnt calcualte fast enough that u have actually attacked and leeched that mana.Hope this helps :)

EDIT:if i feel i am running out of mana and want to keep spaming flicker i get mana potion and i am good to go(and eventually desynch and die in pain and agony)

Sorry about my desynch ranting but over the last week it has been SOOOOOO bad it is not even funny anymore :/
Last edited by Poutsos on Jul 5, 2013, 2:47:23 PM
"
Poutsos wrote:
"

With the 2% mana leech from mind drinker.The mana cost of my flicker strike is 59 mana.Full buffed i have 7.25 attacks percond.Because i use multistrike i get charged for mana every 3 attacks.So 7.25/3=2.416 attacks per second charged.58*2.41=140.16 mana spent per second.My total mana is 654.Mana leech rate is capped at 750% of ur total mana per minute + your mana regeneration.I have 11% increase mana regeneration on my shield so that gives me 825% mana leech rate per minute=13.75% per second.All in all 90 mana per second recovered.That means that i lose roughly 50 mana per second.My mana after reservation is 181 so in theory that gives me 3 attacks(9 actually with multistrike) before i run out,but because the leech is applied while i am charged every 3 attacks that gives me space for even more attacks(ur are still leeching until the 3 attacks of multistrike are complete and get charged again).Generally after 1-3 attacks(aka 3-9)with flicker,i stop and use lighning strike/frenzy.That not only gives enough time for mana to recover but also prevenets desynch(well prevents LOL.Even 1 flicker strike can be enough to get u desynched sometimes).U can see me doing that at the underground sea map video.THAT BEING SAID,desynch can cause u to run out of mana imediately,since it doesnt calcualte fast enough that u have actually attacked and leeched that mana.Hope this helps :)

EDIT:if i feel i am running out of mana and want to keep spaming flicker i get mana potion and i am good to go(and eventually desynch and die in pain and agony)

Sorry about my desynch ranting but over the last week it has been SOOOOOO bad it is not even funny anymore :/

it does help a bit, i like the balls to the wall build cause im currently using a similar claw build. i was just wondering if there was a way to retain most of the damage while keeping up the mana without changing the build too much. also, what are your thoughts on cyclone? i was thinking of doing something similar to this but with cyclone instead of LS. i was also thinking of using vall pact with blood magic instead to fully keep up with the demand of this build. one last thought, thunderfist/wake of destruction for that nice boost of DPS?
If u have more mana and mana regeneration on ur gear,u could cover 100% the cost of ur attacks without changing the build at all.Dream fragments alone can propably do it,but u ll lose alot of accuracy and DPS plus u ll be 3 exalts poorer :).Cyclone is awasome but is VERY costly mana wise.I personally canot run it on a 5L.Doing it on a life based build with claws,incuding blood magic will propably be awasome.The huge downside will be that u will always have to hit a mob to recover ur life,and using blood rage can be a pain in the ass.U might try it without vaal pact and using blood seeker
Spoiler
.I bought this to test how i would be with vaal pact and with my build,without ANY points in claw damage my flicker strike was doing over 30K DPS.So dont be put of by its relatively low damage(197DPS).As for thunderfists and wake of destruction,i wouldnt take off my rainbow strides.I have tried borrowed thunderfists( a close frind uses them) and the tooltip DPS was lower than maligaros.I dont know if the actuall damage is higher due to shock stacks but i do not think so,since i am shocking mobs all the time even without them.Plus i could never afford them.Hope this helps as well
Last edited by Poutsos on Jul 5, 2013, 3:19:16 PM
"
Poutsos wrote:
If u have more mana and mana regeneration on ur gear,u could cover 100% the cost of ur attacks without changing the build at all.Dream fragments alone can propably do it,but u ll lose alot of accuracy and DPS plus u ll be 3 exalts poorer :).Cyclone is awasome but is VERY costly mana wise.I personally canot run it on a 5L.Doing it on a life based build with claws,incuding blood magic will propably be awasome.The huge downside will be that u will always have to hit a mob to recover ur life,and using blood rage can be a pain in the ass.U might try it without vaal pact and using blood seeker
Spoiler
.I bought this to test how i would be with vaal pact and with my build,without ANY points in claw damage my flicker strike was doing over 30K DPS.So dont be put of by its relatively low damage(197DPS).As for thunderfists and wake of destruction,i wouldnt take off my rainbow strides.I have tried borrowed thunderfists( a close frind uses them) and the tooltip DPS was lower than maligaros.I dont know if the actuall damage is higher due to shock stacks but i do not think so,since i am shocking mobs all the time even without them.Plus i could never afford them.Hope this helps as well

it helps greatly due to the fact that i am currently using 2 bloodseekers atm for a dual strike+multistrike build. would equipping 2 of them effect the DPS at all compared to equipping 1 instead? also the money is not an issue...just sold a shavs for 28EX and bought a koams for 20EX. i got some spare cash lying around.
"
"
Poutsos wrote:
Spoiler

it helps greatly due to the fact that i am currently using 2 bloodseekers atm for a dual strike+multistrike build. would equipping 2 of them effect the DPS at all compared to equipping 1 instead? also the money is not an issue...just sold a shavs for 28EX and bought a koams for 20EX. i got some spare cash lying around.

From my experince with dagger,dual weilding did some sick damage with dual strike but all the other attacks stayed the same or increased very little.My fliker strike currently has higher DPS than dual strike while dual weilding,but i dont know if this is the case with 2 great dagger.I think when i tried did awhile ago with 2 "equal" daggers the DPS stayed the same pretty much.So DPS wise flicker strike can do pretty much the same damage with 1 weapon,as dual strike with dual weilding.I think it is worth using if u are finding flicker strike hard to use,and facing troubles with desynch.Otherwise 1 handed and shield is superior in my opion.
Gratz on selling shavrones and getting kaoms :).With this in mind,if u have kaoms u can have a huge life pool and have the currency to buy a godly claw,going vaal pact can propably be better,since it is on your way to blood magic.Without kaoms i would recomend blood seekr and use a blood magic gem on a 5-6L,not go for vaal pact and instead keep those 10 extra skill points for more damage/criticals

BTW here is a screenshot of cyclone DPS with a 4L,using multistrike,increase melee damage,concentrated effect(only lv15) and cyclone(level 18)
Spoiler

As u can see 16.7K DPS on a 4L wihout even lv 20 all gems,and with cyclone i have read that ur actuall DPS is double that,so on 5-6L the DPS potential is crazy,even if u "spent" one socket for blood magic
Last edited by Poutsos on Jul 5, 2013, 4:24:25 PM
I'm excited about this build simply for its potential in pvp. Currently playing a LS dagger crit build that focuses on power charges and dual strike. The problem in pvp with my build is with single target, I can't build frenzy charges with blood rage, and I don't use LS in 1v1 obviously which is the skill I have power charge on crit on. So if I forget about power charges and just use frenzy to stack charges quickly then I can blow them up with flicker. But damn, I got my maligaros for 10 gcp and that's the most I've ever had. Might take some saving. Anarchy btw.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info