Lv96 Poutsos' Flicker Nuke - Outdated

What are your resists at?
MonstaMunch: "You're just jelly because you can't afford to mirror my rod. It's 100% reel."

GooberM: "How does that not warrant a good ol' stabby-stabby?"
"
Buum wrote:
Hmm ... I can't really see what's going wrong for me, if you have the time, please go through my setup and help me identify what my flaw(s) is. (P.S. I'm level 75, and not able to clear Lunaris Temple or level 66 maps without having trouble)

I'm deliberately using tabula rasa, to get the melee splash (i think it's really awesome, but i thought i could compensate with the mana cost by getting 2% mana leech on my ring)
I'm afraid I've stared myself blind on my own setup and need a pair of fresh eyes to see me through this.

Currently, i have:
272 int
281 dex
173 str
3240 ES (with discipline)
786 mana (535 reserved with Discipline, Wrath & purity - linked with reduced mana of course)

These are the stats of my flicker strike
26,3k dps at 6 frenzy stacks
6.29 attacks per second (with 6 frenzy stacks)
73% chance to hit
45.3% crit chance
621% crit multiplier

Passive skill tree at the moment
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYABX0FtQzyDkgPxBB7ES8RlhXXFr8c3B4aJP0nqSgqKwosvyzhLR8wVDMMO3w74T7PRwZKU1FHVmNW6lqmX2prF20ZcFJwVnDVfll_xoauh9uIQowLjb-OipAblWaZV5mamhOdo6IuoqOly6Z_pyunNKxmsbO0xbVItve4yrl8vea-OsBRwQDBxcHzwuzDbc3q1QDXhth22xrb1NzH4vfjhOdU6f7rY-wY7LDtQfPq9Uv5Y_yr_iv_kw==

Current Gear
Spoiler

Edit #1: Oh yeah, and I'm playing in standard league, don't know if it has any importance to it, just throwing it out there. :)

Sorry, forgot to include res:

Without Purity:
Fire: 33%
Cold: 14%
Lightning: 40%

With Purity:
Fire: 57%
Cold: 38%
Lightning: 64%

And I'm CI so 100% chaos.

Edit #2: I can't really see how people reach those insane high DPS rates, i know my dagger is worse than OP's but it isn't too bad considering?
Last edited by Buum on Jul 4, 2013, 3:26:03 PM
"
Buum wrote:
"
Buum wrote:
Hmm ... I can't really see what's going wrong for me, if you have the time, please go through my setup and help me identify what my flaw(s) is. (P.S. I'm level 75, and not able to clear Lunaris Temple or level 66 maps without having trouble)

I'm deliberately using tabula rasa, to get the melee splash (i think it's really awesome, but i thought i could compensate with the mana cost by getting 2% mana leech on my ring)
I'm afraid I've stared myself blind on my own setup and need a pair of fresh eyes to see me through this.

Currently, i have:
272 int
281 dex
173 str
3240 ES (with discipline)
786 mana (535 reserved with Discipline, Wrath & purity - linked with reduced mana of course)

These are the stats of my flicker strike
26,3k dps at 6 frenzy stacks
6.29 attacks per second (with 6 frenzy stacks)
73% chance to hit
45.3% crit chance
621% crit multiplier

Passive skill tree at the moment
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYABX0FtQzyDkgPxBB7ES8RlhXXFr8c3B4aJP0nqSgqKwosvyzhLR8wVDMMO3w74T7PRwZKU1FHVmNW6lqmX2prF20ZcFJwVnDVfll_xoauh9uIQowLjb-OipAblWaZV5mamhOdo6IuoqOly6Z_pyunNKxmsbO0xbVItve4yrl8vea-OsBRwQDBxcHzwuzDbc3q1QDXhth22xrb1NzH4vfjhOdU6f7rY-wY7LDtQfPq9Uv5Y_yr_iv_kw==

Current Gear
Spoiler

Edit #1: Oh yeah, and I'm playing in standard league, don't know if it has any importance to it, just throwing it out there. :)

Sorry, forgot to include res:

Without Purity:
Fire: 33%
Cold: 14%
Lightning: 40%

With Purity:
Fire: 57%
Cold: 38%
Lightning: 64%

And I'm CI so 100% chaos.

Well u have a 6L WITH melee splash.Of course u ll have mana issues :D.Even on a 5L when i put melee splash on,i have to only run 2 auras in order to not have mana issues.As for mana leech it is completely worthless on gear.Ur DPS is high enough that only with the mind drinker passive u can cap the leech.Leech caps at 20% of ur maximum mana per second,meaning that no matter how much mana leech u have,it will recover for around 140 per second,which of course is not enough to cover,or cover a big percentage of the skill's mana cost.My recomendation is that u take melee splash out temporarily,and for aoe situtations to use lightning strike linked with lesser multiple projectiles,multistrike and faster attacks.Emphasize on speed for LS because the melee bonuses do not apply on projectiles.Generally lightning strike is a crappy attack,but it can be very decent with high crit chance,since u ll shock mobs to take 120% more damage+your multiplier.

Your gear is pretty good.Ur dagger,shield,boots and gloves are awasome.U should get rid of tabula rasa and get a 5L ES chest.U dont really need 6L,but u need higher ES:).I got mine,which is not great but decent nontheless for around 3ex.On rings u should focuse on accuracy and resisistances since u r abit low,and of course it would be nice to get the eye of chayula for not getting stunned,which is very annoying and deadly.The passive tree is how mine looked at that level.the only change to so,is to propably respec some multiplier nods to resistances temporarily until u get more resistances from gear.

Finally,when u get abyssus,with a good roll it will give u over 130% multiplier,so u can respec out of multiplier to get vaal pact for istant leech.This is achievable at ur level
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYABX0FtQzyDkgQexEvEZYV1xa_HNweGiT9KCoqOCsKLL8s4TBUO-E-z0GHRnFHBkpTUUdWY1bqX2prF20ZcFJwVnDVerh-WX_GgseGrofbiEKMC42_joqQG5MnlSCVZplXmZqaE52joi6io6XLpn-nK6c0rGauk7GztAy0xbVItve5fL3mvjrAUcEAwcXB88Lsw23N6tUA14bYdtsa29Ti9-OE51Tp_utj7BjssO1B8-r1S_lj_Kv_kw==

Save 9 regrets for this change.after u take vaal pact,2 levels later focuse on getting the 30% multiplier+20 intelligence passive.Also link frenzy on abyssus with multistrike-melee damage on full life-more melee damage(or melee splash).Hope this helps :)
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow
Last edited by Poutsos on Jul 4, 2013, 4:01:52 PM
"
didevol wrote:
What are your resists at?

Currently with purity Lightning and Fire 77%,Cold 69%.When purity gets 20 level i ll have lightning and fire 79%,cold 71%.I didnt have to use purity before cause my rings provided resistances.After i took death rush which doesnt have any besides chaos,i had to use it.So i replaced haste with purity which wasnt a big deal,since the onslaught from death rush gives 20% attack speed
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow
"
Your gear is pretty good.Ur dagger,shield,boots and gloves are awasome.U should get rid of tabula rasa and get a 5L ES chest.U dont really need 6L,but u need higher ES:).

The reason I'm going tabula rasa, is that i feel it allows me to clear faster ... But i don't understand why you guys' dps is so incredibly high compared to mine? ... If i take out my melee-splash gem, I'm barely at 30k with stacks?

But thanks for the feedback, both of you ( Poutsos & didevol ) I'll try to improve on my char with your suggestions.
"
Buum wrote:
"
Your gear is pretty good.Ur dagger,shield,boots and gloves are awasome.U should get rid of tabula rasa and get a 5L ES chest.U dont really need 6L,but u need higher ES:).

The reason I'm going tabula rasa, is that i feel it allows me to clear faster ... But i don't understand why you guys' dps is so incredibly high compared to mine? ... If i take out my melee-splash gem, I'm barely at 30k with stacks?

But thanks for the feedback, both of you ( Poutsos & didevol ) I'll try to improve on my char with your suggestions.

Hmm about DPS.
1)the most important(along with the dagger of course).Abysus.This casque gives a rediculous DPS boost.
2)Wrath is good at the start,but end game it is complete crap compared to hatred.Start leveling hatred and u ll see a huge DPS boost.
3)Ur dagger is one of the good ones,but still it is 80 DPS lower than mine.That is huge,since ur damage is multiplied and increased,out of the base damage that the dagger provides
4)Accuracy is a huge dps booster.My chance to hit is 84%(for monsters level 77)
5)A few more skill points

Beleive me,ur DPS will be rediculous in a few levels,if u get abyssus,accuracy,use hatred and maybe an even better dagger :D

Edit:Oh,only wear abyssus AFTER u get a high ES chest
Last edited by Poutsos on Jul 4, 2013, 6:47:37 PM
After the recent changes to how the dps thing works with added damage do you think Meginords might give you more damage?
"
inyoureyes wrote:
After the recent changes to how the dps thing works with added damage do you think Meginords might give you more damage?

Actually never thought about it.Propably.Thanks,i ll check when i get the chance.

Edit:i checked.Magnate gives more DPS,but mine is prefect roll.Also the incrase is insignificant(1K when full buffed)
Last edited by Poutsos on Jul 5, 2013, 11:03:44 AM
I added a video of an underground sea map.I wanted to upload a higher level map but i could find one.I am so low on currency now that i couldnt even get decent rolls on my maps :/
What do you think of a build with The bringer of rain helm?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info