Lv96 Poutsos' Flicker Nuke - Outdated

"
roguemjb wrote:
I'm excited about this build simply for its potential in pvp. Currently playing a LS dagger crit build that focuses on power charges and dual strike. The problem in pvp with my build is with single target, I can't build frenzy charges with blood rage, and I don't use LS in 1v1 obviously which is the skill I have power charge on crit on. So if I forget about power charges and just use frenzy to stack charges quickly then I can blow them up with flicker. But damn, I got my maligaros for 10 gcp and that's the most I've ever had. Might take some saving. Anarchy btw.

The build is very strong for PvP,especially after the addition of Diamond flasks since u can almost always 1 hit everyone.It does very poor against blockers though
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow
i hate to keep bugging ya but im liking this build and going to try it but...why 2 onslaught rings? do they stack or are you doing it for LL or what? also what about "gifts from above ring?
Last edited by dragonofthesky on Jul 6, 2013, 1:11:04 AM
"
i hate to keep bugging ya but im liking this build and going to try it but...why 2 onslaught rings? do they stack or are you doing it for LL or what? also what about "gifts from above ring?

U are not bugging me at all :).I am not using 2 onslaught rings generally.I just found a second cheap and wanted to test it.The onslaught doesnt stack but it increases its duration to 4 seconds.I think that there might be bug and actually stack,cause whilemy DPS is the same i feel like i am attacking faster with 2 death rush rings but it can be placebo :).i usually use one death rush and this saphire ring
Spoiler
.I do wear both of them though when i feel i dont need much resistances but i could use the extra leech.Since the damage is pretty high frenzy and flicker strike can instantly recover all my ES on crit,but thats not the case with lightnig strike.It can always use some extra leech.As for gifts from above,i ve never tried it since its on anarchy and i play standard,but it would fit this build pretty good.Generally on rings u should focus on accuracy+resistances but 50+ crit chance is awasome.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow
so when i get the cash...im trying this buid with a 6L shavrones wrappings and hopefully a better dagger, any extra suggestions? also can i add you as a friend? i like your balls to the wall style and we can make beautiful destruction together.
Last edited by dragonofthesky on Jul 6, 2013, 2:06:16 AM
what does the onslaught effect do, exactly?
Better stay in the land of the damned, Exile. Here, even the very words are corrupted by Nightmare.
"
enveratise wrote:
what does the onslaught effect do, exactly?

you know the mob buffs for the onslaught monsters right??? its 20% to attk speed movement and cast speed. i just had to look it up as well/ what about using some power charge on critical gem for a 6th slot?? i have a million ideas going through my head atm and i want to see this become completely amazing for dmg.
Interesting.

what really gimps this build though, is reflect. a crit proc on a mob will one shot you. even with endurance charges. I tried 3 endurance, molten shell (I didnt take VP as well), and the LL from Blood Rage, and it will still kill you on proc.
PCoC does well for this build, if you have the power charges. otherwise, it's better off with crit damage + crit strikes. PCoC is hard to maintain.

another good suggestion would be diamond flasks.
Better stay in the land of the damned, Exile. Here, even the very words are corrupted by Nightmare.
"
so when i get the cash...im trying this buid with a 6L shavrones wrappings and hopefully a better dagger, any extra suggestions? also can i add you as a friend? i like your balls to the wall style and we can make beautiful destruction together.

Of course u can add me IGN: TouPoutsou
Hmm with shavrones the build would be Different since u won't go CI.It has the advantage of being able to use more auras,since u ll link some auras to blood magic to constantly be on low life,and u ll get the attack speedn bonus from blood rage,basically a free faster attacks gem,at the expense of increase damage on full life gem(which u wont be able to use).DPS wise it might be better.A 5L would be like:flicker strike,increase melee damage-multistrike-increase critical damage and added fire damage + the 53% attack speed bonuse from low life blood rage+an aura or 2 to boost ur damage(since as i said u can link auras with blood magic gem).All in all the DPS will be somewhat higher,although with CI u ll have much more physical damage PER hit.Ur actual hits on CI will be stronger.Now on defense shavrones i do not think is a good option.1)with the currency u ll need for a 5-6L shavrones u can get a godly ES chest with 900-1000 ES plus resistances.2)Since u arent going CI u ll need the ES passives that are lower(on ur way to vaal pact).These 5 passives give +30% to ES while the ones on CI give 44%.This combined with the fact shavrones have around 400 less ES than a great vaal regalia,assumes that u ll have around 1.5-2K less ES.With shavrone u could maybe run determination for more armor,but IMO armor can not replace 1.5-2K.ES.Not to mention that u ll not have chaos immunity and u will get hit from blood rage,which will be stressfull.
All in all with shavrones 1)u gain more DPS,because of speed but less damage PER HIT,which of course potentialy can cause u more mana problems,2)More armor but way less ES,and u wont have chaos immunity.THe choice is yours.
As for the 6socket.Power charge on critical is a good choice,but i think that i would go for icrease critical strikes.As enveratise said power charges are hard to maintain,and propably u wont have them up on a tough boss fight.3 power charges gives you 150% icrease critical chance,an increase critical damage gem gives u 125% and it is constant.The other otpion that i aim for is to get added fire damage.This gives potentially the highest DPS possible,plus on a red socket u can replace it with life leech or melee splash depending on ur need in each situation.A blue socket doesnt have that many viable options.BUT it is VER VERY tough to have 4reds 1 green 1 blue on a pure ES chest :P.EVEN SO for some time my chest had 2 greens and 3 reds and absolutely NO BLUE sockets,so it is possible :)
Last edited by Poutsos on Jul 6, 2013, 9:33:06 AM
"
enveratise wrote:
Interesting.

what really gimps this build though, is reflect. a crit proc on a mob will one shot you. even with endurance charges. I tried 3 endurance, molten shell (I didnt take VP as well), and the LL from Blood Rage, and it will still kill you on proc.
PCoC does well for this build, if you have the power charges. otherwise, it's better off with crit damage + crit strikes. PCoC is hard to maintain.

another good suggestion would be diamond flasks.

Yep,reflec along with desynch is the worst enemy of this build.Desynch is actually worse.Even with vaal pact u are one shoting your self.If u spot the reflect monster and use lightning strike there is absolutely no problem.On the video that i uploeaded u can see me taking a reflect mob.The problem is if u accidentally hit it while flickering.I share your thoughts in PCoC
Would you be willing to sell the Death Rush ring?

I'm trying to make your build but in low life so I would need chaos res.
Also, wouldn't Darkray Vectors help your dps, as well as some defense from dodge?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info