Patch 0.11.0 and 0.11.0b Success, End of Season Two and Tomorrow's Patch

"
ampdecay wrote:
Please bring the HP nodes back to where they where, all my evasion characters got fucked D:

May I refer you to my speculation on the last page of:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/400736

Could you reply with how accurate that seems?
"
Flab wrote:
"
ampdecay wrote:
Please bring the HP nodes back to where they where, all my evasion characters got fucked D:

Sad thing is both of my evasion characters, physcial bow ranger, and cyclone duelist, are both arrow dodging pure evasion, and pretty much everything you said was correct.

I know feel obligated to get IR and completely for go my evasion characters completely.

And they were actually the highest level characters I ever made, 74 and 70 respectively.

Reflect mobs really hurt now.
S L O W E R
Last edited by ampdecay on Jun 6, 2013, 7:50:33 AM
"
ampdecay wrote:
"
Flab wrote:
"
ampdecay wrote:

Sad thing is both of my evasion characters, physcial bow ranger, and cyclone duelist, are both arrow dodging pure evasion, and pretty much everything you said was correct.

I know feel obligated to get IR and completely for go my evasion characters completely.

And they were actually the highest level characters I ever made, 74 and 70 respectively.

Reflect mobs really hurt now.

Yeah I sort of know where you're coming from with the reflect, I played virtually zero evasion/armour life-stacking 2h builds (for any number of reasons).
"
Flab wrote:

Yeah I sort of know where you're coming from with the reflect, I played virtually zero evasion/armour life-stacking 2h builds (for any number of reasons).

Only thing I could come up with so far is going hybrid on my damage on my ranger, use frenzy for elemental reflects and lighting arrow for packs of physical relfects.

Was using two frenzy's one single target other LMP but that isn't working out so well post patch.
S L O W E R
"
Chameleon wrote:
No Eternal Radiant Footprints Effect? Darn, I might buy some if they lasted forever instead of fading away so fast. :-)
that'd be really dumb if they lasted forever
"
Amalaira wrote:
All that effort spent trying to order my characters for the character select... ruined to alphabetical order :(

I have one request!! Make it possible to re-order them ourselves or add more options for the order. At least add like... an option to choose between either ABC or sorted from highest level to lowest. I imagine the highest level to lowest option would accommodate most people.

Lovely patch/es though!

If I may make a suggestion, add a "Priority" field to the character data. Allow us to assign any valid integer to this field. Then on the character selection screen sort the characters by "Priority" and "Character Name".

If my priority and names are:

1 Bname
2 Cname
3 Aname

My characters will appear exactly in the above order as the sort is by numeric priority and then alphabetic order.

Along the same lines, if my priority and names are:

2 Bname
1 Cname
1 Aname

My characters will appear in the following order:

1 Aname
1 Cname
2 Bname

The sort is still numeric priority and then alphabetic name. And the system doesn't care or need to police assigning the same priority to 2 different character names. In fact, allowing duplicate priority numbers makes things easier to maintain the desired sort, especially if some intelligence is applied when assigning the original sequence numbers. Instead of 1, 2, 3, use 10, 20, 30. This allows the desired sort at the time, and leaves room to insert priorities in between, for example 11 or 19. And if the new character you are creating, you want displayed first, and the name you chose is alphabetically before your first displayed character that currently has priority 10, you could just re-use priority 10 for the new character, maintain a nice gap in sequence for inserting other characters.

Personally, if we could assign sequence numbers to control display order I'd start with 100, 200, 300. With this gap in sequence, re-ordering my list will pretty darn easy.
"
Hornet85 wrote:
Although I only had a total of 70 points this season (yes, I'm a noob taking 1-3 points most of the time :p) I really enjoyed it, especially from 1-60 points where I knew there are rewards at stake so do I push or keep my points.

Beyond 60 points, the gap is too big for the next reward. Perhaps a more evenly distribution in the future?

Anyway, looking forward to the new league.

Good job to GGG for an amazing first phase of open beta.

I thought that I was a noob too, and that I couldn't dream of getting more than the 2 or 3 lowest tier rewards. But with practice, I have improved such that I reached 120 without too much difficulty.

Everyone should find themselves improving, and rewards becoming more attainable, although for me, races are their own reward. You could set your own stopwatch, and try to do the best you can in 60 minutes, but I don't know if I can bring myself to do that. Race results are as tangible as anything in a computer game, and you can measure your own progress during the season. My best result (finish) was in a (LACTIF) Cut-Throat, one that I didn't even realise was Cut-Throat until very close to the end (probably why I was able to play so fearlessly). I also died in races where, at the time of death, I held a surprisingly high position. Those can count as successes too, especially if you learn from your death.

I think that for me, individual races are the most fun; I'm fairly sure that others have different preferences. That's good, and exactly how it should be. Find the way of involving yourself that gives you most enjoyment, and don't feel obliged to participate in events or leagues that don't feel like fun.
"
PerpetualWar wrote:
"
Krissam wrote:
Is there any chance we'll have "seasons" or resets for the regular leagues?

Hopefully not! I want my chars to exist, not to be wiped on a regular basis !

I highlighted an important part for you

"
cyranorick wrote:
"
Krissam wrote:
I was really looking forward to the new leagues when I first heard of them and the Anarcy League sounds like a lot of fun. But then I found out it was softcore only, so now Im in no way interested in playing it.

The onslaught league seems a bit dangerous for my taste though as I'm having enough trouble suriviving in the regular hc league.

Wait?
Softcore Anarchy is too soft for you, and HC Onslaught too hard?
Come on.. ^^

My opinion of softcore has to do with the lack of itemsinks, after a while the game will be completely ruined because there will be enough good items for everyone, so no one will ever be able to sustain a highlevel map pool because items will have to be exceptional to sell for even a single alc, and thus, it's impossible to afford doing wellrolled maps.
Ign: Krissam / KrsShootsYou
"
Galtrovan wrote:
"
Amalaira wrote:
All that effort spent trying to order my characters for the character select... ruined to alphabetical order :(

I have one request!! Make it possible to re-order them ourselves or add more options for the order. At least add like... an option to choose between either ABC or sorted from highest level to lowest. I imagine the highest level to lowest option would accommodate most people.

Lovely patch/es though!

If I may make a suggestion, add a "Priority" field to the character data. Allow us to assign any valid integer to this field. Then on the character selection screen sort the characters by "Priority" and "Character Name".

If my priority and names are:

1 Bname
2 Cname
3 Aname

My characters will appear exactly in the above order as the sort is by numeric priority and then alphabetic order.

Along the same lines, if my priority and names are:

2 Bname
1 Cname
1 Aname

My characters will appear in the following order:

1 Aname
1 Cname
2 Bname

The sort is still numeric priority and then alphabetic name. And the system doesn't care or need to police assigning the same priority to 2 different character names. In fact, allowing duplicate priority numbers makes things easier to maintain the desired sort, especially if some intelligence is applied when assigning the original sequence numbers. Instead of 1, 2, 3, use 10, 20, 30. This allows the desired sort at the time, and leaves room to insert priorities in between, for example 11 or 19. And if the new character you are creating, you want displayed first, and the name you chose is alphabetically before your first displayed character that currently has priority 10, you could just re-use priority 10 for the new character, maintain a nice gap in sequence for inserting other characters.

Personally, if we could assign sequence numbers to control display order I'd start with 100, 200, 300. With this gap in sequence, re-ordering my list will pretty darn easy.

+1
Fight censorship
https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/
"
Amalaira wrote:

Lovely patch/es though!

I would enjoy that. also i saw another guy post about having them ordered by 'last played'.

More options regarding the organization of the character screen would be pretty cool.
There can only be one Oatmeal.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info