Patch 0.11.0 and 0.11.0b Success, End of Season Two and Tomorrow's Patch

Hey GGGGG,

I really have to say.. that patch.. you know.. is pretty awesome. ;)

I like the rebalancing of many things you did here (though you can increase the dmg of melee as much as you want if their survivability doesnn't get buffed in any way, ranged characters will still be superior to any melee character)

It's a step forward and one needs to take steps in order to walk properly, right? ;)

I like it and appreciate it.

PS: I want alternate weapon models because of flashy-issues ^^
Love the patch man cant wait for the leages this really breathed new life into the game
Yep, successful patch is successful.
I came back from D3 (again !) for it, and I'm having way more fun than before, gz ! :)
/----('>-
\__/
L\_
Do like all I've see and experienced from the new Patch so far. Good Changes, Options and overall Balance with no real Nerf/Change in the Feel of the Game Difficulty ... great Work :)
Keep calm, play PoE, drink Tea & listen to Prog!

Exiled.eu ... deutsche PoE-Community mit News, TS3, Guides & vielen netten Leuten :)
"
Vinizito wrote:
"
t_golgari wrote:
If you want casual players to stay in the game, you need a casual league, period.

DUDE I'm lvl 49 in my ranger and i have more HP and DPS than you!
Your build/gears sucks, the game doesnt

Standard is intended as kind of a casual league. And yes, there is a LOT of room between 'average' gear and whats possible at the top end (for each itemlevel area).

"
Vinizito wrote:
There is a difference between playing for recreation (what my friends and I hope to do) or playing a game as a challenge.

I have a challenging job, I like casual games.

POE is meaned to be (somewhat) challenging, and this will always lead into a min-maxing experience...

"
Vinizito wrote:
I have like 5-7 hours a week for any game. ... As of right now, that won't be PoE.

If you're not pleased whith what you can reach with your given time, then your conclusion is right. There are a LOT MORE "unchallenging" casual games around, than others that really try to catch you with some difficulty - only very few really follow the path of giving decisions a risky meaning. The players that get addicted to this philosophy may be of a much higher "value" for the game, as 100s which stomp trough it once and then proceed to the next attracting "casual challenge".
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
Doing some strong work, guys. So far feels pretty good with the new changes.
"
Vinizito wrote:

POE is meaned to be (somewhat) challenging, and this will always lead into a min-maxing experience...

"
I have like 5-7 hours a week for any game. ... As of right now, that won't be PoE.

If you're not pleased whith what you can reach with your given time, then your conclusion is right. There are a LOT MORE "unchallenging" casual games around, than others that really try to catch you with some difficulty - only very few really follow the path of giving decisions a risky meaning. The players that get addicted to this philosophy may be of a much higher "value" for the game, as 100s which stomp trough it once and then proceed to the next attracting "casual challenge".

You're perfectly right!

But: Excluding potenzial customers by making the game as hard as it is (and I like it, that's why I care) is imho not the right way, if it would be relatively easy to scale down. We are already seperated in leagues. Why not have more leagues. Take standard as the battleground You test the game and built for, and be done with it?

As I said: I don't want the game to change for the existing crowd. I'm just hoping to have even more people play it by creating an easier option.

I am addicted to in/maxing. But the time and effort is too much. I know my gear is middling at best. There isn't much I can do about it exept farming areas and not worrying about my char leveling up. That's not much fun, and others in my place won't even do it.

Last edited by t_golgari on Jun 7, 2013, 12:19:15 PM
I hope GGG never includes anything to cater to the casuals. For now it seems like they aren't, which I am extremely happy about.
You could probably count me as a casual, I do solo, play when I can & I'm enjoying this game immensely. I like the system & must admit I'm a noob when it comes to the skills tree...I do what I feel right for the character at the time, but tend to be a 'urgh, thud' kind of player. I like the items & spells & have picked up a couple of uniques, which is nice. I'm not obsessive, and there is more than enough to entertain me for the 1-2 hours I have available for this....Just got to Act 3 which is a whole new ballgame, by the looks of it...much tougher on the casuals & noobs...but STILL love the game mechanics...
"
Minizal wrote:
I hope GGG never includes anything to cater to the casuals. For now it seems like they aren't, which I am extremely happy about.

Why? Is casual players money less important than the hardcore players?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info