New Notable Passive Names, Vendor Recipes, a Russian Fansite and the 0.10.8d Patch

"
Route1 wrote:
Any rumors on what the new base item will be? I heard cloaks or bracelets....

"
Chris wrote:
The others generate specific new base item types.

Types.
In other words, the passive tree is going to be confusing as fuck because there are 4x as many names to remember?

:\

Oh well, LOL.
Invited to Beta 2012-03-18 / Supporter since 2012-04-08
"
Doushibag wrote:
"
vollgas wrote:
Secret awesomeness HAS to be about fishing.

People joke about fishing, but they haven't found the two secrets there are in the game. One being the above mentioned skill tree trick. The other being the secret portal which requires a Tabula Rasa and 6 portal gems to open (used in a specific way and location). Don't know of any one else that has figured that one out either. Seeing as most people don't have those 7 items I thought the tree one would be more accessible, but it's not something you're going to stumble upon I don't think. Guess that's why neither has been figured.

Then how do you know they exist?
Invited to Beta 2012-03-18 / Supporter since 2012-04-08
grrr
was literally counting the days till the patch comes out

i need to find another game to keep my mind of this game :)
"
MesostelZe wrote:
Did everyone forget about the Eternal Orb?

https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/337834567803219968

They don't currently have a recipe, due in part to not existing, so the possibility is open!

Also, Chris said that the rogue exile in the Anarchy league screenshot is not a revived hardcore character, but didn't say that it wasn't a revived character from another league...

IIRC- It was also mentioned that they wanted gems to be more useful in recipes.

My hopeful guess is that it is indeed a recipe for an eternal orb, and that the recipe is the reason the orb is eternal.

Eternal orb + item + 2-4 orbs/gems yields new semi-controlled crafted item + original eternal orb. The orb would never be consumed, thus eternal.

Perhaps it would be something like Axe + Whetstone +Alchemy +Melee gem +Eternal Orb yields Eternal Orb + Axe with guaranteed Physical mod damage.

If GGG is truly nefarious, the recipe would have a decent chance of rolling good mods but it would always randomly re-roll the sockets and links so that players couldn't exploit easier linking that the new fusing method will allow.

If so, GGG will be allowing better chances to craft good mods, and better chances to get 4-6 links, but the two easier methods can't be used on the same item cheaply (You could roll mods first and then blow through a gazillion armor scraps/blacksmith whetstones).

Looking forward to whatever it ends up being :-)

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
Glutez wrote:
grrr
was literally counting the days till the patch comes out

i need to find another game to keep my mind of this game :)

New Humble Indie Bundle is out.

Hotline Miami alone makes it worth the "beat the minimum" price.

I've actually been playing a lot of Indie games lately while waiting for 0.11.0.

Reus is pretty legit, but it's more of a "pick up and play for 5 hours at a time... maybe once a week" type of God Game.

Skyward Collapse is amazing. I had to pry myself away from that game because I know I could easily pour 100+ hours into it over a month's period. D:

More on topic:

The "new item base type" part in this announcement just caught my attention. Something tells me Chris meant something like "More recipes for base items that don't have one yet (I.e.: prismatic rings)" instead of actual new base items.
"In a state of physical balance and security, power, intellectual as well as physical, would be out of place."
- H. G. Wells, The Time Machine
"
Sairven wrote:

More on topic:

The "new item base type" part in this announcement just caught my attention. Something tells me Chris meant something like "More recipes for base items that don't have one yet (I.e.: prismatic rings)" instead of actual new base items.

From the latest diamond newsletter:

This is a big patch for us. It will include a number of special unique items. None of these are from diamond supporters. This is unfortunate, but much of Rory’s time was devoted to the special unique items for special base type items coming in 0.11.0.
"
lepre84 wrote:
"
Sairven wrote:

More on topic:

From the latest diamond newsletter:

This is a big patch for us. It will include a number of special unique items. None of these are from diamond supporters. This is unfortunate, but much of Rory’s time was devoted to the special unique items for special base type items coming in 0.11.0.

Ahh thanks. That's what I get for not bothering with Reddit, I guess?

That website is such a horrible mess.
"In a state of physical balance and security, power, intellectual as well as physical, would be out of place."
- H. G. Wells, The Time Machine
Last edited by Sairven on May 28, 2013, 10:09:55 PM
"
Sairven wrote:

Agreed. The base of the users are terrible, and in general it is just a cesspool.

I'd just like to throw in my two cents here and say that while I have faith that the next patch will be significant, the spoilers have been very disappointing. You're not going to turn any players by renaming keystones and showing new unique enemies. I'm waiting to come back after a month off, and will keep watching the news, but I think it might be time to drop the main patch notes.

GLHF all!
"
jcmjx wrote:
"
Sairven wrote:

Agreed. The base of the users are terrible, and in general it is just a cesspool.

I'd just like to throw in my two cents here and say that while I have faith that the next patch will be significant, the spoilers have been very disappointing. You're not going to turn any players by renaming keystones and showing new unique enemies. I'm waiting to come back after a month off, and will keep watching the news, but I think it might be time to drop the main patch notes.

GLHF all!

One cannot drop something that does not exist yet.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info