Screenshot of a New 0.11.0 Feature

Awesome!!!
"
Falcord wrote:
If this is a permanent cut-throat league that somehow does intelligent matchmaking (as in putting you with people of your level range), it might very well be what brings me back to PoE full time.

Let's cross fingers!

I guess several people missed the post I already made in this thread noting that 0.11.0 doesn't yet have a permanent cut-throat league but it's something we're working towards soon! I figure it's worth repeating just so that people aren't disappointed when we post the patch notes and there's no mention of long-term cut-throat.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
Chris wrote:
"
Falcord wrote:
If this is a permanent cut-throat league that somehow does intelligent matchmaking (as in putting you with people of your level range), it might very well be what brings me back to PoE full time.

Let's cross fingers!

I guess several people missed the post I already made in this thread noting that 0.11.0 doesn't yet have a permanent cut-throat league but it's something we're working towards soon! I figure it's worth repeating just so that people aren't disappointed when we post the patch notes and there's no mention of long-term cut-throat.

Oh sorry about that, completely missed the previous post. It's easy to miss them in long announcement threads =).

That leaves me wondering what Onslaught is...

Does Onslaught have anything to do with the "secret awesomeness" you're supposed to reveal soon?
Meh, I'm one of those players that don't give a crap about special leagues.

would have rather seen an expanded 3rd act or something
"
Chris wrote:
"
Falcord wrote:

Let's cross fingers!

Still needs some method to use skills even if you lose all your gear : )
IRON MAN
"
Chris wrote:
"
Nightmare90 wrote:
Marauder called "Nerf", you make me laugh. :D

Nice interface, eager to see more about the future patch!

Honestly, I've been calling my Marauders Nerf for several years :P

Chrises cutthroat shadow was also named Nerf. Awesome news Chris. Very exited.
Looks good, i like that it doesn't take up any of the existing character selection space.

With respect to the info that it won't be a permanent cut throat in this patch, I'd still like to suggest an idea to help combat this:
"
...won't 6 man partys dominate the whole league?
It will probably be too dangerous to just play by yourself or with a friend.

Just imagine, you're playing in Merciless with a friend, around lvl 60. And suddenly Kripps Party with 5 man lvl 80 comes into play, 2-shots you, GG.

So Onslaught might be a "play with your party only"-league. Which then will lead to very small player base.
A small fix would be like limiting the party size to 2, and also limiting the maximum number of players that can be in an instance.

The amount of HP and defensive stats (armour,resist,evasion,and energy shield) could be scaled when in a zone that has more than one party in it. it should be scaled so that either the level 60's have 33% more, or the 80's have 25% less, so they match up to eachother better. This way they would still have the benefit of better gear ranges, but it would not be a huge advantage.

Either that or make the max characters per instance 6 the same as it is now. meaning a 6 man party could not mob a solo player. You'd only need to have 2 friends with you to make sure the numbers would be even, and that isn't too much to ask most people.

Or you could enable the "player has entered the area" announcements if the player entering the area is in a party of at least equal size, and/or is of at least equal level.

But i wouldn't bother balancing it. The whole league is called cut throat. it's not meant to be balanced in that way IMO. It's fun to search out and kill other players.
"
TheError wrote:
"
BRavich wrote:
aaaaand my excitement for 0.11.0 just died.

If that new amazing feature really is the Onslaught League and that's just a permanent Cutthroat League then i'm not excited as well. That won't keep me playing any longer, however i guess it's cool for some people.

Indeed it is... players want different things... but cutthroat has been something players have been waiting for LOOOONG back in closed beta.. act 4 is not... People were waiting for cutthroat when act 3 was not out at all. Cutthroat is the only thing I have been waiting for since open beta other than the duelist buff. I do know that alot of people dont care about cutthroat at all really. (I have also seen a bunch of people who simply dont know what cutthroat is.... prob. because they dont read this website.)

Personaly I dont care much for act 4... But I do know that the majority of people are prob. waiting for just that... But cutthroat has been so expected and waited for that it would make sense to look into it before act 4... Thats just my opinion.
This is a welcome change! :)
Unique Flasks?
Today I descend to God hood, and your death shall pave the way.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info